Fran Looking Around?

Since Fran's getting screwed face matches Arkansas school colors I would imagine it's a perfect match.

If Fran lied about Rob's questions, it certainly wouldn't be the first time a coach has lied about such a kind of thing.

To play amateur psychologist, if I were to have answered the questions to reflect that I have not been contacted nor have any interest, I would have elaborated and used a few more words in my sentences to assuage the fears of the fans.

But then we are talking about Fran who can be petulant at times, to say the least.

I think a lot of those guys. Miller and Howe didn't say anything about Iowa making a bad hire when they hired TL - they didn't know. I know they didn't cause I consume their product. They didn't. You are literally making shit up dude. Why? To make me look bad? To make yourself look better? It's a weird character trait. I don't get it. I asked you for proof that "basketball people" in the know knew it was a bad hire and you told me to go to the Butler message boards. I didn't make that up. You also said I was making "convoluted leaps" in regards to people thinking the TL hire was a good one based on his credentials. That's not a leap, that's what it was..... yes yes I know, not by beautiful basketball minds like yours.
I'm talking about the Butler message board versions of Jon Miller and Rob Howe. JFC you are the dumbest dude on this board. Forget it.

I think a lot of those guys. Miller and Howe didn't say anything about Iowa making a bad hire when they hired TL - they didn't know. I know they didn't cause I consume their product. They didn't. You are literally making shit up dude. Why? To make me look bad? To make yourself look better? It's a weird character trait. I don't get it. I asked you for proof that "basketball people" in the know knew it was a bad hire and you told me to go to the Butler message boards. I didn't make that up. You also said I was making "convoluted leaps" in regards to people thinking the TL hire was a good one based on his credentials. That's not a leap, that's what it was..... yes yes I know, not by beautiful basketball minds like yours.
I'm talking about the Butler message board versions of Jon Miller and Rob Howe. JFC you are the dumbest dude on this board. Forget it.
Capture.jpg

I think we should crowdfund hilarious charter flights to troll media people. Because that is exactly what happened here.

Like Durham--->Lansing--->Lexington--->Spokane. Then Twitterize it and say our "ace" sources said MK is thinking about retiring.

How in the world would I know that when you said the Millers and Howe’s of the world? I get calling me dumb when I say something dumb but your just spraying here. What’s your deal?

Arkansas doesn't have a very good team at the present, but they seem like a school with great potential. If Fran went to Arkansas both his sons probably could start from day one. Arkansas doesn't have hardly any snow and this winter is just getting over with. Anyway, there are probably lots of coaches they are considering. If Fran is denying, he probably doesn't think its anyones business.

Iowa needs to not hire a low-major/mid-major head coach. That's the problem. Auburn, and Nebraska hired successful Power 5 head coaches. Nebraska basketball has higher expectations than Iowa. At least it comes across that way. They made a great hire and got a coach in demand. Maybe they had an "in" with Fred from his ties to the state...then Iowa needs to look that route in the future when Fran is gone. Settling of the "woe is me, we are just little ol' Iowa" mentality while Nebraska is over there not giving a damn is frustrating.

No ex P5 head coach is going to come to Iowa. Iowa gets mid major head coaches who want to get a foot in the door as a head coach at the P5 level. All of Iowa's coaches going back 40 years have fit this mold with the exception of Tom Davis who came to Iowa from Stanford. Lute came from Long Beach St, Alford from Missouri State, Lick from Butler, and Fran from Siena. Whoever is Iowa's next head coach will likely be a head coach from a mid-major program. Or they could reach for Iowa connections like Jeff Horner who is currently head coach at Truman State, or Dean Oliver currently an assistant at Wisconsin.

No ex P5 head coach is going to come to Iowa. Iowa gets mid major head coaches who want to get a foot in the door as a head coach at the P5 level. All of Iowa's coaches going back 40 years have fit this mold with the exception of Tom Davis who came to Iowa from Stanford. Lute came from Long Beach St, Alford from Missouri State, Lick from Butler, and Fran from Siena. Whoever is Iowa's next head coach will likely be a head coach from a mid-major program. Or they could reach for Iowa connections like Jeff Horner who is currently head coach at Truman State, or Dean Oliver currently an assistant at Wisconsin.

How about Ryan Bowen?

Tradition is as you say. However it could be time to break tradition. Getting a coach poached would likely put some fire in the belly of boosters. It just might be enough fire to assemble a 5 million a year contract. That kind of money would attract just about any college coach outside of the top 10. The next hurdle would be someone who was willing and capable to do it clean, since Barta isn't ever changing his mantra.

If getting a coach poached to a unilateral school doesn't motivate our boosters to up the ante then we are probably screwed regardless.