Fran Looking Around?

Good point. This is a time for evaluation as a family before they go all in for more years at Iowa. The last two seasons may have worn a little thin with Fran and maybe he feels a move now would be best.
Frans two older son’s love it in IC.
What kid wouldn’t.

So, let me get this right. You're intel is the Butler basketball message boards? "Basketball people". Lol This explains a lot to me. Thank you, I love a good laugh my man.
I'm surprised you think so little of the Jon Millers and the Rob Howes of the world. Who got the last laugh? Was it the Butler fans or was it you and Gutless Gary? You can go ahead and say it...we already know the answer. It wasn't you and Gutless Gary.

3 hours? That's barely enough time to land, deplane, take a leak, travel and get back to the plane...with maybe a 1 hour, 1 1/2 hour meeting. That could be done on the phone.
Limo picks up Fran - takes him to airport - they have the meeting in the limo - nobody knows...Detective Dochterman's nose catches the scent - the whole world knows.

There’s a lot of posts in here considering it’s a virtual lock Fran is Iowa’s coach the next 4 years...minimum. The only post with any factual basis is Rob’s where Fran said “No.”

3 hours? That's barely enough time to land, deplane, take a leak, travel and get back to the plane...with maybe a 1 hour, 1 1/2 hour meeting. That could be done on the phone.

Pretty easy to meet at the airport. Most semi-large ones have business areas. However I've never been IC airport. Is that like a grass field with an old hanger?

Pretty easy to meet at the airport. Most semi-large ones have business areas. However I've never been IC airport. Is that like a grass field with an old hanger?

Ever see the show "Wings"? That's the IC airport.

Meeting at an airport is also a pretty good way to be sure you're seen. Even at a large facility like MSP, Pitino would be spotted in a second.

There’s a lot of posts in here considering it’s a virtual lock Fran is Iowa’s coach the next 4 years...minimum. The only post with any factual basis is Rob’s where Fran said “No.”

Say what you want but the fact of the travel info remains. Whether Fran had any contact or not, it would be one heck of a coincidence for the plane to go from AR -> IA -> MN -> NV -> CA -> AR without it being the coaching search committee.

That's Fran, Pitino, Mussleman, and Alford at those locations.

The plane landed in Iowa City at 2:11PM CDT. Fran could have easily met with Arkansas then "drove to Des Moines Monday afternoon" like Matt Weitzel states.

Say what you want but the fact of the travel info remains. Whether Fran had any contact or not, it would be one heck of a coincidence for the plane to go from AR -> IA -> MN -> NV -> CA -> AR without it being the coaching search committee.
I’m not saying they didn’t meet. I’m saying Rob has the

The plane landed in Iowa City at 2:11PM CDT. Fran could have easily met with Arkansas then "drove to Des Moines Monday afternoon" like Matt Weitzel states.

All I said is Rob’s post has the most credibility. And it’s my opinion that Fran will be our coach at least until Patrick is done at Iowa.

All I said is Rob’s post has the most credibility. And it’s my opinion that Fran will be our coach at least until Patrick is done at Iowa.

You said Rob's post was the only one with "any factual basis". That's where I got hung up on your comment. As far as I know, the flight info is fact.

Whether Fran was there and met with them or not is unknown. Fran could have easily lied to Rob. I agree with you that Fran will most likely be our coach at least until Patrick graduates. I just find it hard to believe that with the flight info, Fran had zero contact with Arkansas' search committee whether it be directly or through a representative.

You said Rob's post was the only one with "any factual basis". That's where I got hung up on your comment. As far as I know, the flight info is fact.

Whether Fran was there and met with them or not is unknown. Fran could have easily lied to Rob. I agree with you that Fran will most likely be our coach at least until Patrick graduates. I just find it hard to believe that with the flight info, Fran had zero contact with Arkansas' search committee whether it be directly or through a representative.

I posted a story in another thread that addresses the flight info.

For better or worse, Fran secured himself another 4 years in Iowa City with this season. Given that Iowa City has a great school system and is exceedingly hospitable to coaches, it would likely take a crazy money offer to lure him away. If this team performs to expectations next season (top 4 in Big Ten and Sweet 16), then I think he knows he'll be better off here renegotiating a retirement contract than jumping ship to rebuild another program.

My bad. I will accept that it is likely a fact that a plane landed as has been suggested.

I posted a story in another thread that addresses the flight info.

Your story doesn't really address my comments though. I'm not saying he did but Fran could have easily lied about there being any contact or maybe he did not know of any contact his agent may have made. Perhaps it was just a coincidence and the plane needed to refuel before heading to MN or maybe Fran's agent told them he wasn't interested after they landed. It just seems like too much of a coincidence for there not to be at least a hint of smoke. That's the only point I'm trying to make. I doubt he's actually going anywhere.

Your story doesn't really address my comments though. I'm not saying he did but Fran could have easily lied about there being any contact or maybe he did not know of any contact his agent may have made. Perhaps it was just a coincidence and the plane needed to refuel before heading to MN or maybe Fran's agent told them he wasn't interested after they landed. It just seems like too much of a coincidence for there not to be at least a hint of smoke. That's the only point I'm trying to make. I doubt he's actually going anywhere.
My point is this thread is almost exclusively speculation with a touch of conspiracy theory as it evolves. I’m not ignoring you if you respond. I’m just done with this thread. If something actually happens there will be a dozen new threads.

If Fran leaves, some would get their wish. That also means Barta making another head coaching hire.
Wrong.

Any hire that Barta would "make" would have to go past donors first.

People who think Gary Barta is the one out making connections with and hiring basketball and football coaches are out of their minds-level naive.

Rowing, golf, track...yeah.

Basketball and football? Those are off limits and are Barta's hires only on paper.

My point is this thread is almost exclusively speculation with a touch of conspiracy theory as it evolves. I’m not ignoring you if you respond. I’m just done with this thread. If something actually happens there will be a dozen new threads.

It most definitely is lol.. What else is there to talk about for Hawkeye basketball right now though? ;)

Latest posts