Fran deserves some heat from this game

Well said. As most of you should remember, Nebraska has a style of play that lends itself to the type of game that we saw last nite. I remember last season seeing scores from almost every game that Nebraska played where they ugly up the game,stick some 3's & had several of the better teams in this league in trouble. The difference is the better teams in the Big 10 figure out a way to overcome their style of play & come out with a victory,which is what Iowa did last nite. Am I happy with the free throw shooting last nite no, but like it or not I believe the Hawks were looking past Nebby to Wisconsin and it showed. I believe Fran will have the Hawks ready to play the Badgers on Sunday & we will see a very good game out of the Hawks. Lets hope for a win as the Badgers currently have an RPI of #3 and the Hawks have an RPI of #40,as you can see a W against Bucky would really boost the RPI. Go Hawks time to beat the Badgers for the fourth time out of the last five trys!
rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

I don't think they were looking past anyone. I think the fact Iowa hadn't played a real game since December 13 (Marble, White and Gesell didnt play in the second half vs Pine Bluff) and Nebby just played Cincy 3 days before coming to IC was the factor in how both teams played.

Hawks tried to make it into a game that came down to the wire numerous times, but Nebraksa was unable to take advantage of those opportunities.

Lets be intellectually honest here. It wasn't the win/loss or how many points we won by. Marble let a guy blow right by him in transition for an easy lay up.
The effort was lacking. End of story. And no amount of time between games effects the amount of EFFORT involved,
A lot of people have different opinions on what is good basketball. If anyone here can honestly say that they saw maximum effort tonite, I'd. Like them to step forward and defend their opinion.
P.S. I don't really want to hear your excuses but others might.

Lol. "intellectually honest", huh? Let me tell ya, that phrase right there sealed it for me that you're not really a moron....

I wasn't happy with the sloppy play and the missed FT's either, but some of you act like this is going to happen every game now. Just flush it and move on to improving on those shortcomings for Wisconsin. Worrying and complaining about it won't do a damn thing. Oh, and remember that WE WON.

It's a New Year's Eve game against a bottom feeder. Players are people and a showing like that can and does happen. Nothing to worry about.

Fran let the players all go home for Christmas for a few days. He said that we have a veteran club and trusted that the players would work out, get their shots in while at home. So they had a few days off recently.

I'm surprised that you aren't telling us that the they played terrible cause they didn't have enough assists....even though they have the 4th most assists in the country.....
That's not going to help us on the road vs BIG teams. You keep entertaining yourself. 10-6 is where this team is headed.

Lol. "intellectually honest", huh? Let me tell ya, that phrase right there sealed it for me that you're not really a moron....
Lets place a little wager, shall we? How many games do you predict we win in the BIG conf? You pick a number and I'll pick a number. $100 to the whoever is closest sound good? Then we'll find out who the moron is. Or maybe a sig bet? Loser has to put "I'm a complete moron that doesn't know anything about basketball" for a sig. Bet?

That's not going to help us on the road vs BIG teams. You keep entertaining yourself. 10-6 is where this team is headed.

What is wrong with 10-6 in the best conference in the land?

If you have convinced yourself that this team as we sit today is a final four team, then sure you will be disappointed. That being said, they will still finish 12-4 in conference.

What is wrong with 10-6 in the best conference in the land?

If you have convinced yourself that this team as we sit today is a final four team, then sure you will be disappointed. That being said, they will still finish 12-4 in conference.

Actually there are 2 more games in there, but I would say 10-8 as well is where this team looks headed right now. Unless there is some significant improvement, I fully expect this team to struggle on the road. At home they will be real tough, but lose at least 1 game this year at home.

That is still improvement over last year though and will make us a Big Dance team.

Actually there are 2 more games in there, but I would say 10-8 as well is where this team looks headed right now. Unless there is some significant improvement, I fully expect this team to struggle on the road. At home they will be real tough, but lose at least 1 game this year at home.

That is still improvement over last year though and will make us a Big Dance team.

You are right. My bad. I have the team at 12-6. 4 losses seemed like not a lot.

10-6. As in 16 games in the conference. Ladies and gentleman, THE VOICE OF REASON ON THE HAWKEYE MESSAGE BOARD!!!!

Don't know why I was thinking 16 games. 10 or 11 wins is what I am seeing unless we start to play better team basketball.
The wager goes for you too blc. How many wins do you see? I'd love to see that signature at the bottom of everything you post. Pick a number of wins and I'll pick a number and we'll do this! Or are you all mouth?

I've never discussed the future of the team. I've made fun of your analysis of what's happened. Heck, I don't even disagree that this is likely a 5-6 loss team. I just see the worth of acting like snarling idiot whenever something bad happens aside from Dan Gable and stuff.

I'm not trying to take away from a win because that is the point of the game. I expect to beat Nebraska at home. From what i have seen, I don't know if we can beat MSU or OSU, even at home.

I've never discussed the future of the team. I've made fun of your analysis of what's happened. Heck, I don't even disagree that this is likely a 5-6 loss team. I just see the worth of acting like snarling idiot whenever something bad happens aside from Dan Gable and stuff.

Here's your chance. Even if you dont want to make a for fun wager. How many conference wins do you see?

I often wonder why toward the end of the games when we are leading and should put away a team away our starting center is sitting on the bench? Yes I know his free throw shooting isn't the best but by what I've seen out of our stall offense and free throw shooting of others on the team I don't see what it hurts playing him. The offense seems to me to run better when he is on the floor, and he can see and distribute the ball through the defense. Isolating Marble usually ends up in a missed shot, 1 of 2 free throws made, or a turnover.

I'm just hoping it was a one time let down. If they play like that consistently, they would end up with a losing record in the BIG. They really sucked last night.

I promise this won't be a one time let down. Every team in the nation has more than a handful of let down games over the course of a season. The trick is to win as many letdown games as you can. So far so good on that front.

Latest posts