Forum trolling is getting old

7m0.gif

I lol'd harder at this thread than I have at anything for a while.

I would like to speak directly to the OP. May I ask what topics you would like to see discussed in the football boards, and what "trolling" you would like to see eliminated? I have no interest in scaring away lurkers. If anything, I encourage you to post more, because I think a large and diverse posting community makes this for a better forum. I will say this, after the season we had in football, I have found it very difficult to take much seriously. I have found that this forum is used more as a venue to express anger and frustration, which, if you're like me, makes it much less fun. If you have some suggestions on how to make things better, plz PM me, and I will attempt to make any changes that need to be made.

Sincerely yours,

William Vonnegut
Dean of Posters.

I would like to speak directly to the OP. May I ask what topics you would like to see discussed in the football boards, and what "trolling" you would like to see eliminated? I have no interest in scaring away lurkers. If anything, I encourage you to post more, because I think a large and diverse posting community makes this for a better forum. I will say this, after the season we had in football, I have found it very difficult to take much seriously. I have found that this forum is used more as a venue to express anger and frustration, which, if you're like me, makes it much less fun. If you have some suggestions on how to make things better, plz PM me, and I will attempt to make any changes that need to be made.

Sincerely yours,

William Vonnegut
Dean of Posters.

I got some ideas.

100 posts!

Sincerely yours,

William Vonnegut
Dean of Posters.

Why so defensive? Pretty sure he wasn't talking about you.

I don't get it. You mean to tell me people on here post for the specific reason to bait somebody into a conversation to make them look foolish? This is an outrage! Why was I not made aware of this heinousity?

Why so defensive? Pretty sure he wasn't talking about you.

I'm not defensive! YOU ARE!

No, but seriously, if there is a problem, I'd like to know what I can do to fix it. As the Dean, and a poster of some esteem (most pathetic brag attempt in the universe BTW), I can help make this a place that is accessible and enjoyable for everyone. It's not very much fun if the forum is nothing more than the Dirty 30 derping around sprinkled in-between new posters venting rage on the coaching staff.

Like I said, anyone, from the newest noob to the lifer, can PM me and I will attempt to help in anyway possible.

Sincerely yours,

William Vonneguy
Dean of Posters

*dictated but not read

What do you want to know about Iowa football or basketball that you don't already know. I'll try and help.

I don't need to know anything. I'd rather just enjoy reading some intelligent discussion on the topics as opposed to a bunch of morons spelling words wrong with message board "inside jokes".

I don't need to know anything. I'd rather just enjoy reading some intelligent discussion on the topics as opposed to a bunch of morons spelling words wrong with message board "inside jokes".

How often do you come to this site just to read Kinnick?

I PMed Ghoast. I can confirm that he is very helpful and addressed my problem promptly and to the point.

Now off to walgreens.

The same topics are talked about over, and over, and over and over. And I'm not a moron. My mom said so.

You have been on HN since 2004 and are just now starting to complain about trolls? My advice- get some thicker skin or take your 2 posts and GTFO.
Yup. Typical. This is exactly the point he was making, idiot. And, Scorpio, who likes this rip, is one of those trolls. I have said nearly the same things you point out and Scorpio and his buddies can only think of one thing to do...insult you. Put them on your ignore list...it really works well.

Sooooo, I come here to actually read about football not to read post, after post, after post, after post of trolls posting in here. It's really starting to get out of hand on this site and I for one would like to see it stop. Do some people post some silly ideas, topics, bring up the same thing over and over? Sure but at least there talking football and not trying to be a lame duck comedian. I'm constantly shuffling through crap to actually read comments about FOOTBALL and the program, it's getting old fast.

I swear it's turning into who can be the biggest idiot on this site between some of you. The great new trick is to make you're post sound as serious as possible or misleading, trolling is getting so bad it's evolving, which is sad. I see some people with thousands of post and I honestly can't remember some of those posters actually saying anything related to football.

Please and before my post count I"ve been on Hawkeynation since 04 and this new wave of posters or children are starting to get on my nerves. Stop already if I wanted to read some idiot's attempt at humor I wouldn't come to this site, that is for sure. I know it's tough for some of you because you hide behind a computer but show some respect and stop being the next troll or lame duck comedian on a FOOTBALL site.

35krai.jpg

Latest posts