Forum trolling is getting old

^cant read! HELP!

lol_face_by_rober_raik-d4cm1yl.png

Last edited:
I'm with the OP. I would also add that all you trolls are hurting Kurts recruiting cuz recruits read this stuff.

I'm with the OP. I would also add that all you trolls are hurting Kurts recruiting cuz recruits read this stuff.

There is no way that "fan message board posting habits" falls into the list of reasons that a recruit chooses a school.

There is no way that "fan message board posting habits" falls into the list of reasons that a recruit chooses a school.

Sure it does, it lets them know what some anonymous message board troll thinks of the school they are considering. HN needs more cheerleaders like herby. Then we'll be rolling in teh 5*s.

I agree that obvious trolling is stupid, first time I saw it was funny, second time it wasn't. Third time was idiotic. But the top 5 posters here do it constantly...Apparently Jon likes it so live with or leave.

Those are your two options.

There would be no trolls without trollees. Teh Diesel is as amused as anyone that they never seem to learn...

57603_700b.jpg

Agree 100% - The only thing worth reading on this site anymore is Jon's articles other than that it's playground for idiots.

My observation of this site is you have this "clique" of posters who like to post their (what they think is funny) pictures to make fun of a thread. Many threads will post a serious topic and soon be overrun with 10 pages of "funny" pics or comments. It does get old. I think some people on here like to be the cool guys on the message board ... There are 15-20 posters who like to take over threads with their ever-so-funny responses and pictures ... They compete to see which one of them can be the funniest guy in a thread. So it does take away the fun of actually talking about Hawkeye sports. And this thread is a perfect example of some of the posters I refer to ... Real funny stuff. Must have a lot of time to burn.

My observation of this site is you have this "clique" of posters who like to post their (what they think is funny) pictures to make fun of a thread. Many threads will post a serious topic and soon be overrun with 10 pages of "funny" pics or comments. It does get old. I think some people on here like to be the cool guys on the message board ... There are 15-20 posters who like to take over threads with their ever-so-funny responses and pictures ... They compete to see which one of them can be the funniest guy in a thread. So it does take away the fun of actually talking about Hawkeye sports. And this thread is a perfect example of some of the posters I refer to ... Real funny stuff. Must have a lot of time to burn.

Fun wouldn't be the exact term I'd use for the last 3 months. This forum has been thereputic though. Fun? I duno.

Normally DMH, I would agree with you. But as Scorpnius posted elsewhere, this epic fail of a football season (not just that we lost but HOW we lost...) has put us squarely into the Keebler-Elf "stages of grief" model, extended version.

As you may recall from Psych I while briefly averting your eyes from that smoking Rienow hotty in the Seashore Hall lecture room, Stage 4a is "masking depression with humor" while stage 4b is "acting out via mad troll-lol-lol"

On a serious note, moving Garmon to "wingback" and hiring Chuck Long would solve all our problems.

It's not 15-20 you are low on you're estimate. Its a clear cut dirty 30

Bingo...the worst thing around here is the people that think they are a bad azz and personally attack someone when they don't like a comment someone made about the coach or something else related to the program. Those are the cowards.

QUOTE=Skeets77;994309]When your having a losing season or program trolling increases significantly because you have allot of negativity with angry upset forum jocks that really spent too much time on sports forums. If you click on over to a successful sports program forum you will see trolling is not as prevalent. What I've seen here just today are some marginal thread topics that are discussion worthy (slightly) and then some of the old school guys around here slamming the hell out of the guy. It's up to the veteran posters around here to show some class and dignity with all the posters and try to have some integrity with responses and stop being invisible cowards.[/QUOTE]

Latest posts