Forum trolling is getting old

am i giving you da case of da gigglez?

ur about to feel teh Hok PAIN!!!

3dfd30b2bfbd4e56aa0f8438bc7f66f6@2x.gif

Take it with a grain of salt. Remember some of these same trolls were calling to get rid of Norm and then KoK. Losing KoK turned out to not be such a good thing.

Ohhhhh, I almost missed this rant. Not bad, not bad at all.

I remember a few years ago I ranted on here about all the trolling, I found out fast that it was a waste of time. If you can't beat them, join them. I have and this forum has been a lot more fun. If you have a sense of humor you may get a laugh or two along the way.

I am a GhostofBTT approved troll, just got my membership card a couple of weeks ago. I am finding the benefits to be quite nice, you get to slam on Scorp all day and everyone just thinks you are trolling. We start "Like" threads so that we can shower likes upon each other, that makes it easy for the serious posters to spot us since we have most of the likes on this forum. You can always ignore the ones that get on your nerves but a few of the trolls do post seriously once in a while, but not all.

Ohhhhh, I almost missed this rant. Not bad, not bad at all.

I remember a few years ago I ranted on here about all the trolling, I found out fast that it was a waste of time. If you can't beat them, join them. I have and this forum has been a lot more fun. If you have a sense of humor you may get a laugh or two along the way.

I am a GhostofBTT approved troll, just got my membership card a couple of weeks ago. I am finding the benefits to be quite nice, you get to slam on Scorp all day and everyone just thinks you are trolling. We start "Like" threads so that we can shower likes upon each other, that makes it easy for the serious posters to spot us since we have most of the likes on this forum. You can always ignore the ones that get on your nerves but a few of the trolls do post seriously once in a while, but not all.

original.jpg

Take it with a grain of salt. Remember some of these same trolls were calling to get rid of Norm and then KoK. Losing KoK turned out to not be such a good thing.

Sooooo, I come here to actually read post, after post, after post of trolls posting in here, not to read post, after post, after post of X's & O's, roster measurables, returning player potential, and futile reminiscing of 2002 - 2005. It's really starting to get out of hand on this site and I for one would like to see it stop.

Do some people post some silly pics and tricked out vids to support their malaise and contempt for Iowa football, or to pop another poster? Sure but at least they're not acting like they are THEE true Hawk fan with meaningful observations and poignant thoughts. I'm constantly shuffling through that dog crap to actually read FUNNY comments about the comedy of ineptitude that is IOWA FOOTBALL and to get my LOL on. It's getting old fast.

I swear it's turning into who can be the biggest fan or offer the most honest assessment or start a sincere discussion about the on-field performance and direction of the program. The great new trick is to make you're post sound as serious as possible, actually baiting the rest of us fans into having to sort through this train wreck. These real discussions are getting so bad it's like repeatedly ripping out stitches and pouring salt in the wound, which is sad. I see some people with thousands of post and I honestly can't remember some of those posters actually saying anything funny about The Corporal, The Gerg, The Offensive, or any other poster, let alone posting a pic or vid that actually delivers the lulz.

I've been on Hawkeynation a lot longer than my post count would indicate and this continued attempt by these "adults" to hijack perfectly entertaining trolling threads and re-rail them back into serious discussion is starting to get on my nerves. Stop already! If I wanted to read some spot-on, matter-of-fact analysis, I wouldn't come to this site, that is for sure. I'd be perusing where the serious knowledge is -- like, BHGP or The Onion, or teh redHerbsdos-cincos soon to be released "DSM V - Iowa Football 2013 and beyond".

I know it's tough for some of you because you hide behind a computer but show some respect and stop being the next keyboard coach or Pollyanna fan on a ROAST OF IOWA FOOTBALL site.

teh redHerbsdos-cincos soon to be released "DSM V - Iowa Football 2013 and beyond".

Wow, just imagine if redhawkherb did a full preseason magazine--it would have more heights, weights, and stats than Phil Steele.

Maybe red IS Phil Steele.

I'm going to rethink my life...

Latest posts