Forum trolling is getting old

[video=youtube;jZxyWeRNVuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZxyWeRNVuw[/video]

wish I could find the whole episode.

Sooooo, I come here to actually read about football not to read post, after post, after post, after post of trolls posting in here. It's really starting to get out of hand on this site and I for one would like to see it stop. Do some people post some silly ideas, topics, bring up the same thing over and over? Sure but at least there talking football and not trying to be a lame duck comedian. I'm constantly shuffling through crap to actually read comments about FOOTBALL and the program, it's getting old fast.

I swear it's turning into who can be the biggest idiot on this site between some of you. The great new trick is to make you're post sound as serious as possible or misleading, trolling is getting so bad it's evolving, which is sad. I see some people with thousands of post and I honestly can't remember some of those posters actually saying anything related to football.

Please and before my post count I"ve been on Hawkeynation since 04 and this new wave of posters or children are starting to get on my nerves. Stop already if I wanted to read some idiot's attempt at humor I wouldn't come to this site, that is for sure. I know it's tough for some of you because you hide behind a computer but show some respect and stop being the next troll or lame duck comedian on a FOOTBALL site.

To hawkdogs75

I strongly agree with what you have said here and would like to make the suggestion that YOU post more. Please share more of your thoughts and insights with us. If more people with genuine and serious interest in the football team posted here more often I think it would help to raise the bar around here a little and stimulate some more thought provoking discussion and less clowning around. I for one would most certainly like to hear more from posters like you.

Wow, The Committee's task of determining the winner of this year's "Wilford Brimley Memorial Most Fiber Deficient Poster Award" has been made infinitely harder by this thread.

We needs to find these guys.........the trolls I mean
wp40b7bde9.png

Listen OP, I understand in a way where you're coming from. You also need to understand that the people who come to this site to chat are doing it to have a good time and chat with a bunch of good guys that just want to have a good time themselves. Also remember, those who wish to participate will participate and those who choose not to won't. It's a simple matter of choice.
red-pill-or-blue-pill1.jpg

To hawkdogs75

I strongly agree with what you have said here and would like to make the suggestion that YOU post more. Please share more of your thoughts and insights with us. If more people with genuine and serious interest in the football team posted here more often I think it would help to raise the bar around here a little and stimulate some more thought provoking discussion and less clowning around. I for one would most certainly like to hear more from posters like you.

Hawkdogs75, do not listen to this moron. He will just mock you if you express your opinion. If you are pro-Hawks and think we can win every game (like me) or if you supported O'Keefe (like me) you will either (a) be ridiculed or (b) be called a troll. The board ebbs and flows with the fan base generally and if you aren't downright angry right now you will be in the minority and everyone will mock you - these "experts" who assured us of a 12-0 team in 2010 are now certain we will be 2-10 next year and any thoughts outside of that groupthink are frowned upon by these clowns in the Dirty Thirty.

Listen OP, I understand in a way where you're coming from. You also need to understand that the people who come to this site to chat are doing it to have a good time and chat with a bunch of good guys that just want to have a good time themselves. Also remember, those who wish to participate will participate and those who choose not to won't. It's a simple matter of choice.
red-pill-or-blue-pill1.jpg

I'm guessing DayQuil and NyQuil. Which would you choose?

Yup. Typical. This is exactly the point he was making, idiot. And, Scorpio, who likes this rip, is one of those trolls. I have said nearly the same things you point out and Scorpio and his buddies can only think of one thing to do...insult you. Put them on your ignore list...it really works well.

butthurt-cream.dawgmaspatentedbutthurtcream1.jpg

I will say this, after the season we had in football, I have found it very difficult to take much seriously. I have found that this forum is used more as a venue to express anger and frustration, which, if you're like me, makes it much less fun.

Exactly.

Because of this football season, and the dismal season next year, this forum is going through the stages of grief:

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

Humor, or poor attempts at humor, are some people's way of dealing with loss.

Hawkdogs75, do not listen to this moron. He will just mock you if you express your opinion. If you are pro-Hawks and think we can win every game (like me) or if you supported O'Keefe (like me) you will either (a) be ridiculed or (b) be called a troll. The board ebbs and flows with the fan base generally and if you aren't downright angry right now you will be in the minority and everyone will mock you - these "experts" who assured us of a 12-0 team in 2010 are now certain we will be 2-10 next year and any thoughts outside of that groupthink are frowned upon by these clowns in the Dirty Thirty.

This is nothing more than lies and slander and you know it! I, like the OP, feel that this is the place for serious discussion about the Iowa football and you, Ron, are a Northwestern fan so why don't you butt out and let the serious hawk fans have a serious discussion?

Yup. Typical. This is exactly the point he was making, idiot. And, Scorpio, who likes this rip, is one of those trolls. I have said nearly the same things you point out and Scorpio and his buddies can only think of one thing to do...insult you. Put them on your ignore list...it really works well.

tumblr_m6fsxptY1l1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

Would it be too much to ask if some of the posts were new or even a little funny.

Step up your efforts ladies.

Latest posts