Forum trolling is getting old

To say that post after post on the site is trolling is not really true. Most of it is "Garble, garble, coaching is horrible, garble, garble." Not saying that it isn't but that is boring. Most people are just having fun while talking about sports because sports are supposed to be, you know, fun.

Bingo!

FreedComanche

If you want to cut back on trolls and disrespectful posting then go to using actual names. Like what the register did link it to FB.

You have been on HN since 2004 and are just now starting to complain about trolls? My advice- get some thicker skin or take your 2 posts and GTFO.

+1000000. It's a message board for sports fans.. What exactly do some people expect?

Now let me get out my violin..

[video=youtube;Fyp74H3kMdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyp74H3kMdI[/video]

I get your point for sure, there is plenty of meaningless stuff but there is a lot of good stuff too, there is plenty of everything. Take it for what it is. Read what you want and participate when you want. Ignore what y

The new mods will clean this all up. Don't worry.

liar-liar-pants-on-fire.jpg

Troll threads are fairly easy to sniff out. You can usually tell by the title or reading the first few sentences. Like you, sometimes I'm not in the mood either and I just move on. Other times I find them humorous. A lot of the posters have been on here for a while and know each other and like to mix it up a little bit similar to when you're hanging out with your buddies. Forums are a way to communicate with people as well as share information. I've been to a lot of forums and never encountered one that was strictly information based. Every once in a while things will get a little out of hand and Jon will usually put his foot down when that happens. If you want to talk football, I would suggest starting a thread about football. If you raise a serious question there will be plenty posters on here who will have serious responses.

There are some huge jerks and morons on sports sites but there are also a lot of people that really like to talk hox. There is also a lot of funny stuff on here too. I participate because unlike the hox and my life is a pathetic piece of dog crap.

Keep in mind your on a board sports forum not having a family meeting in your living room complaining about neighbors being in your backyard. People will always troll as long as their are forums. Try to take things into perspective and if you are taking things a bit too personal, get off the computer, use a coping skill and go play in the garage or help the wifey.