For real? The Clowns are charging $90 for the Iowa game?

You are an optimist aren't you.... Dude, you should be concerned about having a conference to play in five years from now let alone the condition of your stadium remodel.

You're a Cubs fan too, right?......Just guessing....

Seriously, the Big TEXAS conference will be gone in 2 years and Texas will be independent. What will you do then clowns? Play Valley? They will beat you and their stadium is nicer but they're both high school stadiums!

Seriously, the Big TEXAS conference will be gone in 2 years and Texas will be independent. What will you do then clowns? Play Valley? They will beat you and their stadium is nicer but they're both high school stadiums!

First-Normally I would say this is a poster with a schtick, but I'm not certain.

Second-I would debate this point but I have a feeling it probably isn't worth it. There is no way I could ever come the "Big Texas", "Clown", "high school stadium", and ISwho arguments. Those are so far beyond me.

First-Normally I would say this is a poster with a schtick, but I'm not certain.

Second-I would debate this point but I have a feeling it probably isn't worth it. There is no way I could ever come the "Big Texas", "Clown", "high school stadium", and ISwho arguments. Those are so far beyond me.

Not that I side with him or anything but it is no different than the "Hok" "Squaks" and "EIU" **** that gets tossed around over on CyFan.

Jack Trice as a stadium isn't up to par with Kinnick and won't be close until ISU bowls in an endzone. Even then we would have to upgrade a lot of the stadium and make it newer/nicer overall. ISU just hasn't had the money to pour into facilities like Iowa has and that is our own fault.

The new scoreboard/soundsystem will be a huge addition and is really cool and the new football facility will be awesome for recruiting but wont add much to the stadium other than a tunnel.

That being said, I don't think Kinnick is anything special on a national level. It isn't bad though, that's for sure.

lookie- its the HDBS leader himself! Mr. Pollard would like thank you for your contributions to the JTS renovation fund... :D

This backs up my earlier point. Iowa should drop Iowa State. Isu has everything to gain from the rivalry. It's not clear Iowa gains anything from it. If Isu had one less sellout game per year, and one less game against a national opponent like Iowa, that would only hurt ISU. Iowa could then, arguably, pick up a Pac10 opponent (or something like that), and play a night game on ESPN.:)

This backs up my earlier point. Iowa should drop Iowa State. Isu has everything to gain from the rivalry. It's not clear Iowa gains anything from it. If Isu had one less sellout game per year, and one less game against a national opponent like Iowa, that would only hurt ISU. Iowa could then, arguably, pick up a Pac10 opponent (or something like that), and play a night game on ESPN.:)

Pretty ridiculous when you pi$$-pound a BCS conference team by almost 30 points and you don't even gain a spot in the polls (actually drop a spot in some polls). This is exactly why the game needs to be dropped. Like you said, the Clowns have everything to gain while Iowa....not so much.

Jack Trice as a stadium isn't up to par with Kinnick and won't be close until ISU bowls in an endzone. Even then we would have to upgrade a lot of the stadium and make it newer/nicer overall. ISU just hasn't had the money to pour into facilities like Iowa has and that is our own fault.

The new scoreboard/soundsystem will be a huge addition and is really cool and the new football facility will be awesome for recruiting but wont add much to the stadium other than a tunnel.

That being said, I don't think Kinnick is anything special on a national level. It isn't bad though, that's for sure.

I think you make some good points, but Kinnick is a difficult stadium in which to win if you are a visitor. The seats are very close to the field, and it is LOUD.

I suppose we could argue aesthetics, but home winning percentage and decibel level score pretty high in my book. Autzen Stadium in Eugene isn't amazing, but it's loud and they win. Ask other b10 coaches about Kinnick. They find it challenging.

Latest posts