For real? The Clowns are charging $90 for the Iowa game?

Why do you cyclown fans keeping posting multiple times in a row? Is it because you can't keep your thoughts in order long enough to put them all together in a single post, or because you don't know how to edit a post?

Oh man, epic posts guys! Why don't these CLOWNS get a clue! They suck so bad we have to drop them from the schedule. We're just keeping their athletic program (JOKE, SUCKS) going by playing them! Why should the Hawks have to play in a high school stadium? IT SUCKS!

GO HAWKS!!!

That's one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on any message board! Thanks for the laugh! If you think that you are clueless...

Iowa/ISU game

The only certainty is that barring injuries Coker will go for a 100 yds. If JVB will be able to take advantage of that with the play action stuff remains to be seen. Everything is else is a big unknown as far as I am concerned.

Especially after last year I am really uncomfortable with Iowa's special teams in a close game that could be the difference.

Even though it was the weakest Iowa team of the decade I think Chizik's 07 game plan is the route CPR needs to take to win the game. He did not even care if Iowa threw the ball, he played Alvin Bowen up on the los, Bowen was credited for 15 or 16 tackles, but it seemed like he had 30. He pretty much lived in the Iowa backfield.

Offensively, Meyer went 21 of 27, but only threw for 167 yds. and 40 of that came on that play to Bates. Those 4 and 5 yd. dink and dunk passes were a killer. ISU was always in 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 4 if Meyer wasn't throwing those 4 yd. comebacks for a 1st down he was running it. As an Iowa fan it was frustrating to watch it was like watching a NW game.
How do you know this? How do you know he doesn't go out with injury against Tennessee Tech or whoever it is in the first game? Who is the backup? Your possible backup may never make it to Iowa City and it sure wont be this season. Can Coker handle the 2 straight games of 30+ touches? A lot of praise for a guy that has played very little. Is he talented hell ya, but he is very raw and has no clear backup and has been hyped quite alot over a 1 game performance against a less than stellar defense. But thats only stating the obvious by Iowa fans, look at Robinson's talent...oh wait, look at Hampton's talent...oh wait, well Christiansen will be Super Bowl MVP...oh wait, ya but that Wegher kid can play and wait till next season, oh wait...If Iowa has shown me one thing, the players guaranteed to do well will not, but the players like Robinson, Stanzi, and the like will do well and they are the ones that carry this team.

Now this here is just good, clean funny!

To Iowa State Cyclone fans: I want to apologize of behalf of all non-douchey Iowa fans for the actions of 20eyes. This kid seems like a real asshat.

We real fans of HawkeyeNation look forward to making the trek West to play you this year.. the atmosphere surrounding the Iowa-Iowa State game is always my favorite time of the year.. and the people of Ames have always treated the people I travel/tailgate with well and proper. Good luck to you this year, and Go Hawks!

DISCLAIMER: *Notice lack of "funny" and "clever" words in my post such as, but not limited to: Cyclowns, Clowns, ISUWho, High School Football, etc.*

To Iowa State Cyclone fans: I want to apologize of behalf of all non-douchey Iowa fans for the actions of 20eyes. This kid seems like a real asshat.

We real fans of HawkeyeNation look forward to making the trek West to play you this year.. the atmosphere surrounding the Iowa-Iowa State game is always my favorite time of the year.. and the people of Ames have always treated the people I travel/tailgate with well and proper. Good luck to you this year, and Go Hawks!

DISCLAIMER: *Notice lack of "funny" and "clever" words in my post such as, but not limited to: Cyclowns, Clowns, ISUWho, High School Football, etc.*

Thank you for this. I know there are those of us who pull this crap too, Im not blind to it. I also tell myself to not get drawn into their trap, but its hard to avoid it. I for one dont mind this rivalry every year. Heck my wife is a Hawkeye.

I would agree. My personal favorites are the people who say ISU is a community college, but I'm sure 75% of the people who say that have never set foot on a college campus.

Finally! A decent Hawk fan! Wish there was more like you.

Last edited:
How do you know this? How do you know he doesn't go out with injury against Tennessee Tech or whoever it is in the first game? Who is the backup? Your possible backup may never make it to Iowa City and it sure wont be this season. Can Coker handle the 2 straight games of 30+ touches? A lot of praise for a guy that has played very little. Is he talented hell ya, but he is very raw and has no clear backup and has been hyped quite alot over a 1 game performance against a less than stellar defense. But thats only stating the obvious by Iowa fans, look at Robinson's talent...oh wait, look at Hampton's talent...oh wait, well Christiansen will be Super Bowl MVP...oh wait, ya but that Wegher kid can play and wait till next season, oh wait...If Iowa has shown me one thing, the players guaranteed to do well will not, but the players like Robinson, Stanzi, and the like will do well and they are the ones that carry this team.

BARRING INJURIES: Yeah I am pretty confident. 17 carries 92 yds against an OSU team that put 3 guys in the NFL including a 1st rounder. ISU defense won't be that good. Game 1 against a cream puff 10-15 carries.... he will be able to handle 20+ carries the following week against ISU

BARRING INJURIES: Yeah I am pretty confident. 17 carries 92 yds against an OSU team that put 3 guys in the NFL including a 1st rounder. ISU defense won't be that good. Game 1 against a cream puff 10-15 carries.... he will be able to handle 20+ carries the following week against ISU
Noting...thanks!

Noting...thanks!

Odds of Coker getting 100 yds......I'm taking that bet I would even venture to guess some of your Cyclone faithful would take it as well.

It doesn't mean anything......Betts, Russell, Young have all run over a 100 yds. and Iowa has lost.

Here is my breakdown:
QB Iowa but could go either way
RB ISU, clear advantage, a stable of RBs and the biggest strength for ISU in 2011 season.
TE Iowa, Iowa has been known to establish good TEs and ISU just lost their best TE
WR Iowa, McNutt is better than any receiver ISU has. Money is the #2.
OL, push two NFL prospects for sure on each team
K Iowa
P ISU
DL push, some great talent between both teams with Binns Lattimer and Rump
LB ISU Knott and Klein
DB ISU Prater is a stud, so is Johnson, Benton, and Reeves

Why do you cyclown fans keeping posting multiple times in a row? Is it because you can't keep your thoughts in order long enough to put them all together in a single post, or because you don't know how to edit a post?

That's one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on any message board! Thanks for the laugh! If you think that you are clueless...

Whatever CLOWN! Just check out PH's post, he knows what's up, ISWho SUCKS! Get a clue Jack Trice is a high school stadium and it is in Lames and you're all hicks! ISWho SUCKS!

GO HAWKS!!!

Here is my breakdown:
RB ISU, clear advantage, a stable of RBs and the biggest strength for ISU in 2011 season.
TE Iowa, Iowa has been known to establish good TEs and ISU just lost their best TE
K Iowa
P ISU
LB ISU Knott and Klein

QB I've seen enough of Tiller to know that if Jantz can't beat him out ISU is in trouble.

I'm comfortable with taking Coker over the runningback by committee ISU has going.

Mike Daniels is better than any DL ISU has. If the '09 Binns shows up he is better than Lattimer.

Reeves is 5'7.....I don't care what his ball skills are like......he is 5'7.

I really do not want to hear and/or read about another can't miss overhyped ISU receiver. Blythe in the last 5 or 6 years is the only one that has lived up to the hype.

Last edited:
I really do not want to hear and/or read about another can't miss overhyped ISU receiver. Blythe in the last 5 or 6 years is the only one that has lived up to the hype.

Yep, this is a group that has worried me. Nothing has come out of it quite yet. We have had a few good guys but nothing outstanding. TE's are a different story, but we really need those WR's to give something.

As for QB, Im hoping the silence for show and Jantz just needs to reel in the playbook. I am not confident in Tiller at all. I wish they would push him to receiver.

I quit going to Lames once they jacked the price up. Best decision I ever made! Now I have a huge tailgate party in my backyard (Hawk fans only) and we all watch the game on my big screen. Cheaper plus I don't have to deal with the idiots up there in their dump of a Stadium!

Good job. I hope that the party in your yard keeps getting bigger and bigger. Just more idiots that won't be in our parking lots.

20eyes, im assuming your being sarcastic with these posts, just trying to get ISU fans all riled up and it seems to be working.

Good job. I hope that the party in your yard keeps getting bigger and bigger. Just more idiots that won't be in our parking lots.

Aren't you the one that pisses and moans about all the Iowa posters trolling on CyFan? Nice double standard.

I'm surprised. I thought it would be at least $120 now that they don't have 2 games that will have quality turnouts.

Here is my breakdown:
K Iowa
P ISU
LB ISU Knott and Klein

You are saying your OL is just as good? I am not buying that. Besides a couple guys, I don't see yours as comparable.

Here is my breakdown:
K Iowa
P ISU
LB ISU Knott and Klein

QB-Tiller is terrible
RB-You did see Coker run over, around and through the Mizzou defense right?
OL-I will take Iowa's OLine over ISU. Not to mention Iowa has 3 or 4 draft picks. Ferentz, Zusevics and Reiff.

Latest posts