For real? The Clowns are charging $90 for the Iowa game?

Do it. It generates revenue for a game that typically sells out no matter the gawking it gets. Both sides play this game down, but it makes so much money they wont stop doing it.

It gets pretty bitter, even more so closer to the game, but ****, thats a rivalry folks. My hope is that someday when we are on the up and up (hopefully), it will generate more national buzz. Two big Iowa teams clashing it out. Could be a lot of fun.

If I were Barta I would wait until the current gate sharing agreement expires and then charge the $150 for ISU visitor tickets.

That may be the most ridiculous statement this board has seen. And that is saying a lot.
Where do you think Kinnick rates among the top stadiums? I would throw it 20-25. ISU would likely be in the low 50's right now. Have you seen the plans for the JTS? The place is not going to look anything like it does right now over the next five years.

Where do you think Kinnick rates among the top stadiums? I would throw it 20-25. ISU would likely be in the low 50's right now. Have you seen the plans for the JTS? The place is not going to look anything like it does right now over the next five years.

You do realize the futility of this argument right? These kinds of things are all opinion so naturally this argument will chase its tail. Its going to be a beautiful stadium when completed. I know this, and am excited for it. No reason to try to push it on those who wont care.

It's going in the right direction but it's a long ways off of overtaking Kinnick in terms of atmosphere. Just having a nice stadium is one part, ISU needs to field a team that consistently draws and that's the bigger issue.

It's going in the right direction but it's a long ways off of overtaking Kinnick in terms of atmosphere. Just having a nice stadium is one part, ISU needs to field a team that consistently draws and that's the bigger issue.
Totally agree.

I can't believe people still complain about this like it truly affects them on a personal level.

For the vast majority of people who will have access to those tickets, $90 is not a lot of money. Do any of you complaining drive a truck? How much does it cost to fill that up every week or two?

This "high school stadium" is undergoing a face lift that will make it the best stadium in the state in the next five seasons.

Hillarious that the best stadium in the state would be for a second tier program that can't fill it. That's funny. Or were you being serious?

Knowing his posts, he was serious...dead serious.

That's what scares me. What they should do is paint a mural of fans in the stands, that way when it's only 50% capacity it still has that certain appeal to it. No matter how nice of an upgrade it is, if it's not rocking on game days or half empty it will lose that luster in a hurry. Facilities are one thing, however its the environment within those facilities that creates the magic.

That's what scares me. What they should do is paint a mural of fans in the stands, that way when it's only 50% capacity it still has that certain appeal to it. No matter how nice of an upgrade it is, if it's not rocking on game days or half empty it will lose that luster in a hurry. Facilities are one thing, however its the environment within those facilities that creates the magic.

Its all being done with a hope that we will change things around. Invest now or never. Traditionally we are a basketball school but from what I understand, football is where the money is. The fans will come when the wins do. Bettering the stadium brings a focus on making a difference. Recruits see it, fans see it, donors see it, etc. I just hope it pays off.

Commemorative coins are also good for recruits, fans, and donors to see.

That right there was a bad marketing idea. Hasnt happened since. If I remember correctly you could only get them at a bank near there. For all we know it had a deal behind it for the bank being a donor. Either way Chizik was a ****** and it failed.

This "high school stadium" is undergoing a face lift that will make it the best stadium in the state in the next five seasons.

You are an optimist aren't you.... Dude, you should be concerned about having a conference to play in five years from now let alone the condition of your stadium remodel.

You're a Cubs fan too, right?......Just guessing....

Clearing up some inaccuracies here in this thread.

The Iowa game will not be offered as part of the 3 game mini-pack for $99 this year. That is reserved for 3 conference opponents this fall. Everyone that wants a single game ticket that day(cyclone or hawkeye) will be paying $90, unless you want hillside.

I don't know about 09, but the attendance in 2007 in JTS against Oklahoma and Texas both exceeded the Iowa/ISU game that year. The crowd against UNI in 07 as well if I'm not mistaken. Come to think of it the UNI crowd in 07 was the biggest draw of all time. Iowa is not always the top draw.

The Gene Chizik coins if I'm not mistaken were put out and distributed by a local bank, and not Iowa State university.

Onto Pollard's failure of the Gene chizik hire. Only on the field did Gene falter, and I can make a strong case ISU would not have turned around quickly had McCarney stayed on.

Chizik was worth millions to Iowa State. That hire allowed Pollard to re-sell the football program(after a 4-8 season), and restructure the donor levels in the stadium.
Those news levels of giving are still paying dividends to this day. Chizik also was responsible for the 2 highest season ticket sales totals ever for ISU. Dan would have been hard pressed to go .500 in 07/08. If the program kept losing under Dan, then theres no way Pollard could raise the revenue that was drawn in that Chizik generated.

Pollard did quite well with the bottom line despite Mac leaving a bare cupboard.

Last edited:
Clearing up some inaccuracies here in this thread.

The Iowa game will not be offered as part of the 3 game mini-pack for $99 this year. That is reserved for 3 conference opponents this fall. Everyone that wants a single game ticket that day(cyclone or hawkeye) will be paying $90, unless you want hillside.

I don't know about 09, but the attendance in 2007 in JTS against Oklahoma and Texas both exceeded the Iowa/ISU game that year. The crowd against UNI in 07 as well if I'm not mistaken. Come to think of it the UNI crowd in 07 was the biggest draw of all time. Iowa is not always the top draw.

The Gene Chizik coins if I'm not mistaken were put out and distributed by a local bank, and not Iowa State university.

Onto Pollard's failure of the Gene chizik hire. Only on the field did Gene falter, and I can make a strong case ISU would not have turned around quickly had McCarney stayed on.

Chizik was worth millions to Iowa State. That hire allowed Pollard to re-sell the football program(after a 4-8 season), and restructure the donor levels in the stadium.
Those news levels of giving are still paying dividends to this day. Chizik also was responsible for the 2 highest season ticket sales totals ever for ISU. Dan would have been hard pressed to go .500 in 07/08. If the program kept losing under Dan, then theres no way Pollard could raise the revenue that was drawn in that Chizik generated.

Pollard did quite well with the bottom line despite Mac leaving a bare cupboard.

Whatever dude. Ames Community College CyCLOWNS suck!

Latest posts