For real? The Clowns are charging $90 for the Iowa game?

For Iowa to be a consistent top 15 program, they need to recruit well. This means they need to get the best players in Iowa. Iowa can do that by winning bowl games and being ranked. Additionally, it is even more important that Iowa recruit well nationally. Kids from MD and Illinois probably aren't terribly tuned in to the Iowa-ISU game. They do watch the Orange Bowl, though.

This backs up my earlier point. Iowa should drop Iowa State. Isu has everything to gain from the rivalry. It's not clear Iowa gains anything from it. If Isu had one less sellout game per year, and one less game against a national opponent like Iowa, that would only hurt ISU. Iowa could then, arguably, pick up a Pac10 opponent (or something like that), and play a night game on ESPN.:)

iowa's a national opponent?

For Iowa to be a consistent top 15 program, they need to recruit well. This means they need to get the best players in Iowa. Iowa can do that by winning bowl games and being ranked. Additionally, it is even more important that Iowa recruit well nationally. Kids from MD and Illinois probably aren't terribly tuned in to the Iowa-ISU game. They do watch the Orange Bowl, though.

This is the hawkeye fan delusion... If you take an honest assessment of your football program, its more of a 25 to 30 program, that only lands in the top fifteen because of your excellent coach and a soft big 10 conference schedule.

This is the hawkeye fan delusion... If you take an honest assessment of your football program, its more of a 25 to 30 program, that only lands in the top fifteen because of your excellent coach and a soft big 10 conference schedule.

As long as we're being honest, the Clowns have never even been relevant in the world of college football.

You should go back and re-read that post, and try comprehension this time.

As long as we're being honest, the Clowns have never even been relevant in the world of college football.

Honestly iowa's probably like seventh or eighth in their own conference as far as nationally recognized. If we're being honest; Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Michigan State, are all ahead of iowa from a national standpoint.

I can't believe how much a fanbase of a national power like iowa, whines so much about playing lowly ISU... Amazing?

Pretty ridiculous when you pi$$-pound a BCS conference team by almost 30 points and you don't even gain a spot in the polls (actually drop a spot in some polls). This is exactly why the game needs to be dropped. Like you said, the Clowns have everything to gain while Iowa....not so much.

So how many points do you jump when you win against other competition with low records? This is a terrible argument. We dont jump points from beating a ranked Iowa, so what do we gain? It matters how many games you win in general. If the polls arent respecting your wins, then they are proving their bias. Dont blame us.

Last edited:
So how many points do you jump when you win against other competition with low records? This is a terrible argument. We dont gain **** from beating a ranked Iowa, so what do we gain? It matters how many games you win in general. If the polls arent respecting your wins, then they are proving thier bias. Dont blame us.

Bahaha, another idiotic post from a clown fan, whats new.

Honestly iowa's probably like seventh or eighth in their own conference as far as nationally recognized. If we're being honest; Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Michigan State, are all ahead of iowa from a national standpoint.

I can't believe how much a fanbase of a national power like iowa, whines so much about playing lowly ISU... Amazing?

Funny how you call out Iowa on an Iowa board when there is no one alive in the ENTIRE clown fanbase who has witnessed a conference championship by the clowns. Keep talkin' sh*t, though!

So how many points do you jump when you win against other competition with low records? This is a terrible argument. We dont jump points from beating a ranked Iowa, so what do we gain? It matters how many games you win in general. If the polls arent respecting your wins, then they are proving their bias. Dont blame us.

It was the second game of the season, genius! Pretty sure you'd beaten mighty NIU and were undefeated at the time.

It was the second game of the season, genius! Pretty sure you'd beaten mighty NIU and were undefeated at the time.

Huh? So whats your argument? Noone is gonna do anything in the polls that early in the season. This is a money making game, its not going to end any time soon. Might as well get used to it. You want national respect? Win all of your games and quit ******** about ISU.

Huh? So whats your argument? Noone is gonna do anything in the polls that early in the season. This is a money making game, its not going to end any time soon. Might as well get used to it. You want national respect? Win all of your games and quit ******** about ISU.

NEWSFLASH! Rankings change EVERY week. Winning or losing means you move up or down in the polls, generally. Thrashing a team in the Big Texas Conference should mean that one would move UP in the rankings, and not down like we did last year in the USA poll after stomping your a$$. Winning "all of our games" has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Please try to follow along.

I quit going to Lames once they jacked the price up. Best decision I ever made! Now I have a huge tailgate party in my backyard (Hawk fans only) and we all watch the game on my big screen. Cheaper plus I don't have to deal with the idiots up there in their dump of a Stadium!

For iowa to be a consistent top 15, they would have to annex the state of Illinois for the talent and population it would provide. If KF wasn't the coach at iowa and would've missed like they did with alford and Lickliter, your football team would be a poor mans Purdue IMO.

Latest posts