For all the Tyler Sash shouldn't go pro crowd

If he had stayed, he might have had a huge year, and been drafted in the 1st round,making him several million dollars richer right now....jury is out.

No. Tyler had a large body of work already. He had nothing to gain by coming back. He made the best decision based on the best information he could gather.

Some guys are what they are, and they are not going to have the measurables to ever make them a 1st round guy. Also he was a safety, not a 6'2 corner.

He absolutely made the right move. He had multiple surgeries on both shoulders at Iowa, that were career threatening. That combined with his age, and aforementioned 3 year body of work, made the decision a no-brainer.

I remember people beating on him on the message boards for his decision, and even more after he was such a late round pick. I thought they were dumb then, and think they are dumb now.

Playing great on ST for the Giants, one win away from playing in the Super Bowl and oh yeah........hangin' in the front row with Cuba at a Knicks game

405492_363394073687009_151347661558319_1498489_1671766866_n.jpg

I'm officially a little cheesed at Sash now for not choking Cuba out when he had the chance. I would be willing to do almost anything to halt the release of "Red Tails".

I'm officially a little cheesed at Sash now for not choking Cuba out when he had the chance. I would be willing to do almost anything to halt the release of "Red Tails".

Watch the Red Tomatoes over the first week on that one. It will be a radical split between the critics and audience. However, over the next couple of weeks the numbers will get closer.

So he plays special teams in the NFL. I highly doubt that goes into any draft talk about leaving early.

TS "Should I go pro?"
KF "Yes, you could play special teams!"

So OP are you saying if a kid has a shot at special teams they should go pro?

i never see him do sh*t on ST, plus he bugs the living crap outta me on twitter. egotistical for never even seeing the DB position with all the Giant injuries at that slot

So he plays special teams in the NFL. I highly doubt that goes into any draft talk about leaving early.

TS "Should I go pro?"

Oh where to start.

As others have pointed out his draft stock wasn't going to go up by playing another year. He got drafted, made a 53 man roster, and is playing in the NFL. There are a ton of guys that wish they could say the same thing.

Look he is what he is and will probably never be a Pro Bowl starting safety. But how many guys would love to be living out their childhood dream playing in the NFL and making $375,000 doing so?

Not to mention all reports out of NY is that the coaches are happy with his play only increases his odds of sticking around the NFL for awhile.

TS "Should I go pro?"

When you're a 23-year-old guy who won't ever impress with measurables and have a very impressive body of work, and have had multiple shoulder surgeries, and you get a draftable grade, then yes. He took a shot when his stock was as high as it would ever be. And it's worked out just fine for him.

i never see him do sh*t on ST, plus he bugs the living crap outta me on twitter. egotistical for never even seeing the DB position with all the Giant injuries at that slot

IIRC, he led the special teams unit in tackles, and I know he forced a fumble or two on kickoffs. Even if he's never more than a special teams ace...there's a spot for those guys at the Pro Bowl every year.

Egotistical? There's not been one person to say that about him before, and there's nothing egotistical in his tweets. Seriously have no idea where you're getting that from.

Sash wasn't likely to improve his draft position much by coming back so it wasn't a bad decision.

It's hard for me to call it a good decision though because he gave up his senior season to be drafted in the late rounds and play special teams.

The Oregon quarterback made a similar decision last week. He likely wasn't going to improve his draft stock much but missing his senior season to get drafted late (if at all) isn't a great decision imo.

Sash wasn't likely to improve his draft position much by coming back so it wasn't a bad decision.

It's hard for me to call it a good decision though because he gave up his senior season to be drafted in the late rounds and play special teams.

The Oregon quarterback made a similar decision last week. He likely wasn't going to improve his draft stock much but missing his senior season to get drafted late (if at all) isn't a great decision imo.

That's where the age and injury history comes in. You've only got so long to cash in, and Sash had a extra wear on his tires from his shoulder injuries.

[/quote] I'm officially a little cheesed at Sash now for not choking Cuba out when he had the chance. I would be willing to do almost anything to halt the release of "Red Tails".[/QUOTE]That's a good movie based on true events about some of our countries heros. Go back to Russia we don't need communists here.

Good for Tyler...Iowa boy makes good...very good! I wish him all the success in the world. He simply had nothing to gain by sticking around especially the way the Hawks played.

Met Tyler Sash and his girlfriend at a restaurant in Iowa City. Guess that was about a year ago. Great young man and very happy he made the decision. ANY college football player who opts for getting paid the kind of BUCK$ NFL players make, especially in situations like Tylers, where he wasn't goin to improve draft spot, Good for them!
However, I will say this, the IOWA HAWKEYES may very well have been 9-3 this season with Tyler Sash. (Win at ISU And minnesota with sash's leadership)

As oppose to waiting a year to be drafted in the late rounds and playing special teams.:rolleyes:

I didn't understand why this was a debate back then and I really don't understand why it is a debate now. It was the right(good) decision.

Sash put in the hard work,but he owes his career to KF. As I remember Iowa was his only DivI offer for football. He really liked BB ,but had no major offers. He made the wise choice. Had he followed his BB dream,he never plays in the pros. Now he is in the NFL.

IIRC, he led the special teams unit in tackles, and I know he forced a fumble or two on kickoffs. Even if he's never more than a special teams ace...there's a spot for those guys at the Pro Bowl every year.

And he was on the ballot this year. Not to shabby.

Sash put in the hard work,but he owes his career to KF. As I remember Iowa was his only DivI offer for football. He really liked BB ,but had no major offers. He made the wise choice. Had he followed his BB dream,he never plays in the pros. Now he is in the NFL.

Indiana offered first. Iowa was not his only offer.

Latest posts