Fitz In The Pitz

Couple things…

1) Why does Northwestern even have sports?

B) This might be the end of the program at a place like that. It’s a bunch of rich kid lawyers and writers. Let’s be honest, no one gives a shit about sports at that school.

3) I’m glad I didn’t buy Wrigley tickets

4) Chances their new stadium still happens now?
Every conference needs a punching bag. ;) Of course, Rutgers is doing a fine job there as well.

Fitz knew. Like many emperors he always says or insinuates that the buck stops with him. That certainly applies here and that's not good for Fitz.

You know who it is good for? Burp Biliema. He already has his Illinois program on the rise and this has to help his recruiting. It may help Iowa’s a little bit as well.
As long as it puts a dent in Wisconsin's recruiting, it's all good.

While I see where your coming from with this comment I think there's a major difference between what is being considered weird and shitty. Not taking a shot at Iowa here or letting go of what happened within our own program, but I don't think it's even remotely comparable to what happened at PSU or what may be going on at NW.
definitely not comparable and it does matter about who you have at the top, but before the allegations, no one saw this coming for Joe Pa or Patty Fitz… considered choir boys of great character until they were torn down. I’m not saying it’s every situation…. Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. They’ve had like 3 coaches in my life time. It all matters who ya got at the top, and I’m not saying Kirk is lumped in with them, but that kind of longevity and power can foster bad things and it just seems the longer some stay the more light is shed on how they operate in “old school” ways and do so at all cost to protect the brand scenario.

You have to wonder what the leadership at Northwestern was thinking when they announced a two week suspension on Friday. They obviously didn't read the situation very well. What a quick turnaround and it doesn't reflect very well on them either.
They certainly didn't time it very well. With baseball going into all star week and the NFL in basically its only dead period the Chicago and national media has been able to focus all it's attention on this story.

Couple things…

1) Why does Northwestern even have sports?

B) This might be the end of the program at a place like that. It’s a bunch of rich kid lawyers and writers. Let’s be honest, no one gives a shit about sports at that school.

3) I’m glad I didn’t buy Wrigley tickets

4) Chances their new stadium still happens now?
U of Chicago dropped football (and eventually dropped out of the league back in the 1940's or 50's). And between Amos Alonzo Stagg and inaugural Heisman Winner Jay Berwanger they had a storied football tradition.

Dropping football is not out of the question, and who knows who's on the hook for all the stadium funds. At the very least they could go back to the futility of 1970's and 1980's `Cats.

By the way, the team that replaced Chicago in the league was Michigan State. And there was an agreement that went until at least the addition of Penn State in 1993 that Chicago could boot them back out if they were wanted back in. Now conference expansion has spun out of control.

New‘s Flash…Fitz did not get fired due to this kerrfuffle. The rich and powerful saw this as an opportunity to send him away, because Fitz had run out his string. Anyone who thinks NW will bail out of the BT does not understand the power of $$ and influence by the rich and famous. They would eat the BT for breakfast in a heartbeat. Bye bye, Fitz. Thanks for the memories. Watch NW hire a big time coach with an offer that can‘t be refused. BTW. Fitz is one hell of a football coach.

New‘s Flash…Fitz did not get fired due to this kerrfuffle. The rich and powerful saw this as an opportunity to send him away, because Fitz had run out his string. Anyone who thinks NW will bail out of the BT does not understand the power of $$ and influence by the rich and famous. They would eat the BT for breakfast in a heartbeat. Bye bye, Fitz. Thanks for the memories. Watch NW hire a big time coach with an offer that can‘t be refused. BTW. Fitz is one hell of a football coach.
What the hell are you talking about?

just watch fitz will get a better coaching job making more money.

I don't see it. Doyle got run by the Twitter mob hours after getting hired at Jacksonville. This dude is done. Throw out the COVID year and his last three years have been 3-9, 3-9, 1-11. He has aged out of being deemed an "up and comer" and the past few years have been a disaster. The only way I see him getting another P5 head job would be if he got into Nick's rehab clinic and then a school has an unforeseen vacancy due to a death or illness or something and Fitz is far and away the best choice who can be had at the last minute. I think he's done.

I don't see it. Doyle got run by the Twitter mob hours after getting hired at Jacksonville. This dude is done. Throw out the COVID year and his last three years have been 3-9, 3-9, 1-11. He has aged out of being deemed an "up and comer" and the past few years have been a disaster. The only way I see him getting another P5 head job would be if he got into Nick's rehab clinic and then a school has an unforeseen vacancy due to a death or illness or something and Fitz is far and away the best choice who can be had at the last minute. I think he's done.
If it turns out and proven fitz was directly involved he could have problems finding another job. The Doyle situation is and was a completely different situation. Doyle seemed to be the main cultivator of a racial discriminating cultural during a time where every white person in American is told they’re a racist. If you’re labeled a racist in in the 2020’s there’s no way a company is going to hire you to work in a sport comprised 56% black athletes. It’ll be interesting to see what fitz is doing and where he’s at come spring of 2025.

You have to wonder what the leadership at Northwestern was thinking when they announced a two week suspension on Friday. They obviously didn't read the situation very well. What a quick turnaround and it doesn't reflect very well on them either.

Yea, that university is a hot mess right now, all the way up to the top. Apparently, the baseball program also has some issues that just arose.

U of Chicago dropped football (and eventually dropped out of the league back in the 1940's or 50's). And between Amos Alonzo Stagg and inaugural Heisman Winner Jay Berwanger they had a storied football tradition.

Dropping football is not out of the question, and who knows who's on the hook for all the stadium funds. At the very least they could go back to the futility of 1970's and 1980's `Cats.

By the way, the team that replaced Chicago in the league was Michigan State. And there was an agreement that went until at least the addition of Penn State in 1993 that Chicago could boot them back out if they were wanted back in. Now conference expansion has spun out of control.

Three points.

1) NW isn't dropping their football program. This isn't the 1940's anymore.
2) I believe Jay Berwanger was from De Witt IA and played HS there, so very first Heisman winner was from Iowa.
3) Very interesting info about the U of Chicago and Mich St. I didn't know that and that Mich St. could have been bumped out. Txs.

I'd bet he sounds like the majority of college football players. As I read that the voice in I heard was any of the three Washed Up Walkons
No I don't think any of the WUW's forceable group dry-humped freshmen. I played high school football and that kind of shit wouldn't be acceptable there. There's always going to be pranks and shit-talk but this is extreme behavior. This is really psychological torture. I heard stories that Pat was a drinker but this is something else. The former players of Iowa talk a lot about being pushed to their limits physically but no stories of sexual abuse. This is just sick behavior.

Latest posts