Fitz In The Pitz

Northside Hawk

But he serves his two week suspension now, one of the deadest times for coaches.

He misses two weeks in July, not when practice starts or when the games start.

Investigation for potential hazing is ongoing.

But he serves his two week suspension now, one of the deadest times for coaches.

He misses two weeks in July, not when practice starts or when the games start.

Investigation for potential hazing is ongoing.
Is that a suspension or paid vacation? Don't see it as even the slightest slap on the wrist based on the fact he's serving it a few weeks before camp starts.

Is that a suspension or paid vacation? Don't see it as even the slightest slap on the wrist based on the fact he's serving it a few weeks before camp starts.
I'd read it is unpaid... Still just a slap on the wrist though.

Makes me wonder how much longer he'll be around Northwestern. 3 or 4 yrs ago I'd have said guy could retire there. Now with how things have gotten so so bad and now this.... I could see a mutual parting of the ways before long. It's gotten pretty bad there lately

The story that I read said that they had not even concluded that the coaches knew about the hazing. This looks like a penalty in search of an infraction. I couldn't care less about NW or Fitz but this does not seem to warrant any more than the two-week suspension that he received.

I'd read it is unpaid... Still just a slap on the wrist though.

Makes me wonder how much longer he'll be around Northwestern. 3 or 4 yrs ago I'd have said guy could retire there. Now with how things have gotten so so bad and now this.... I could see a mutual parting of the ways before long. It's gotten pretty bad there lately

We can bellyache about how potentially NIL and the portal could be for Iowa for days, but in reality Northwestern is in a far worse position and will struggle to have a winning record again in the next decade absent a booster stepping up and creating a viable NIL program. They have very fans so a collective will not make a dent. They have steep entry standards and generally seek out guys who value the educational aspect. As those guys get reps they get on other teams' radars and are getting poached. And Illinois finally has a moderately competent coach who is doing a good job of finding solid in-state talent that had been going to Northwestern if they were discarded by Iowa or Wisconsin. Northwestern is absolutely doomed.

We can bellyache about how potentially NIL and the portal could be for Iowa for days, but in reality Northwestern is in a far worse position and will struggle to have a winning record again in the next decade absent a booster stepping up and creating a viable NIL program. They have very fans so a collective will not make a dent. They have steep entry standards and generally seek out guys who value the educational aspect. As those guys get reps they get on other teams' radars and are getting poached. And Illinois finally has a moderately competent coach who is doing a good job of finding solid in-state talent that had been going to Northwestern if they were discarded by Iowa or Wisconsin. Northwestern is absolutely doomed.
Totally agree it's all uphill for them. They have some deep pocketed alumni but not very many. Their fanbase is about as lackluster and devoid of passion as it gets and that's when they are good.

It sucks that they may very well be losing Fitz sooner then later because he's the exact type of coach it takes to have any kind of sustained success there. No matter what they do with whomever is next is a complete crapshoot.

And now this

what the f*** is wrong with these people?!

And now this

This is probably the end of Fat Titzgerald if he knew about it. Which it should be.

It is totally beyond comprehension that a bunch of players would participate in such disgusting behavior. Part of me says, “This never happened. It’s a massive joke played on all of us.”

Damn, once again, a team in the B1G amazes me. Something like hazing @ a place like jNW. Yeah if Fitz had any idea this was happening and didn't stop it, he's good as gone.

And now this

WTF. This is just weird.

Fitzgerald is gone

Latest posts