Explosive players..

You are dense. If the game has not been played, than it is an opinion. Why do you need things like this spelled out for you?

You guys love your name calling here, don't you??? That's great. Classy.

But yeah, the poster said that national media members ACTUALLY SAID that Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year. That is what I called BS on. Is this really that hard to understand? The poster didn't say Iowa finished higher in the polls, the poster didn't say according to polls that Iowa was more likely to win. The poster said that national media members actually made the claim.

So yeah, dense. Welcome to the club.

Actually I won't go away. Sorry. I like message boards.

And pretty sure none of those links contained a national media member specifically saying that Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year. That was my whole point. Don't make an argument if it ain't true. You can argue opinion til' the cows come home. But you can't argue with a lie.

Actually you will go away, at least for me. I love the ignore feature.

But yeah, the poster said that national media members ACTUALLY SAID that Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year. That is what I called BS on. Is this really that hard to understand? The poster didn't say Iowa finished higher in the polls, the poster didn't say according to polls that Iowa was more likely to win. The poster said that national media members actually made the claim.

The sports media does that everyday. They are still opinions. You have to be able to read between the lines. No media is going to say, "OK, THH, so that you understand this is my opinion". Most listening just know it's an opinion.

Sorry for the names. You are correct, that is uncalled for.

O-line is the biggest question mark. Not enough explosive weapons? Strongly disagree. McNutt and DJK are both experienced big play guys, and Wegher is as well. I think a lot of people, nationally, don't see Wegher in that light. Then, add an improving and very very fast Chaney into the mix. Big play potential will NOT be the issue.

Again, what was said was that the national media said Iowa would have beaten Nebraska last year. That ain't opinion--in so much as somebody actually saying it. And that is what I was asking--who said it? Show me. But nobody said it. It was a lie by the poster. Opinion I can deal with. Just fine. But a lie is a lie.

Hmmmm... better reread the posts (or is it a waste of time), nobody said the media stated that Iowa would beat Nebraska. The media polls were brought up as evidence that Iowa was ranked higher, thus revealing their opinion that Iowa was a better team based off their polls. But I guess you are right by stating that by ranking Iowa higher, their opinion would be that Iowa would beat Nebraska... so thanks for clarifying that for me...

btw... thanks for the entertainment today. It's been fun. Time for me to get back to work.

O-line is the biggest question mark. Not enough explosive weapons? Strongly disagree. McNutt and DJK are both experienced big play guys, and Wegher is as well. I think a lot of people, nationally, don't see Wegher in that light. Then, add an improving and very very fast Chaney into the mix. Big play potential will NOT be the issue.

How dare you get back on subject. :eek:

Boy, if this thread wasn't hijacked, I don't know which was.

Nicely done to get back on track.

Give it up, dude. Quit embarrasing yourself. Now, everyone Iowa has played or everyone in the Big 10 is overrated. What!!?

Again facts:

Here's how the season ended for the Big12 with the teams you mentioned.

OK - Ended season with bowl win - Non-ranked
Missouri - Ended season with bowl loss - Non-ranked
Kansas - Sucked & nuff said
Texas - Ended season with bowl loss - Ranked #2

Big 12 with no BCS bowl victories

Big 10

Penn St - Ended season with win over LSU in bowl game - Ranked #9
Wisky - Ended season with win over Miami in bowl game - Ranked #16
Mich St - Didn't play bowl game - Non-ranked
Ohio St - Beat oregon in Rose Bowl - Ranked #5

Including Iowa's victory in Orange Bowl, Big10 finished 2-0 in BCS bowls.

Seriously, if anybody is overrated, wouldn't it be Nebraska. Get serious.

What is your point, anyway? Keep it coming, it is kind of fun. I don't see any Nebby fans backing you up which tells me a lot.
Only to make Iowa's case look better, Michigan State did play in a bowl game last year (Alamo Bowl vs. Texas Tech). They lost 41-31, but they were there!

What was said... the media has Iowa In their NC talk, not Nebraska...

How dare you get back on subject. :eek:

Boy, if this thread wasn't hijacked, I don't know which was.

Nicely done to get back on track.

:) Actually, I wrote that before even realizing there had been such an argument boiling. Now, my post almost seems silly, like Donnie poking his head up from the backseat to comment on something Walter and The Dude were talking about three sentences ago.

Hey rockstar---the would coulda shoulda was started by your fanbase in this very thread. Stones in glass houses, my friend. Don't throw 'em. You sound like a hawk fan.

And we can talk about records against the clones anytime you want. Care to compare the last 10 years? Thought not.
How about if we do a comparison of wins against AP Top 10 or AP Top 25 teams over the last 10 years?

Only to make Iowa's case look better, Michigan State did play in a bowl game last year (Alamo Bowl vs. Texas Tech). They lost 41-31, but they were there!

Thanks for the correction. I thought they went to a bowl game. I checked twice on the site I was reviewing because I thought they had. The logos on the site were kind of screwed up & not very negligable. Different teams names/logos were transposed on others & was hard to read.

I think we do. DJK is explosive, Mcnutt is explosive in the redzone, and I think Hampton is going to surprise the masses.

Our defensive line has to be considered pretty explosive. We were explosive last year and almost lost to Michigan St, Michigan, Indiana, UNI, and did lose to NW.

If we are go challenge for the title we are going to need a lot of luck on our side, just like almost any team that wins it all. We'll need a bit more luck than some of the others though.

Regarding Cowherd's comment, wouldn't Clayborn's blocked punt be considered one of the most explosive plays from last year?

Jesus, don't you people have jobs?

Yep. Get 5 wks vacation a year & currently have 11 or so wks banked up. This does not count sick leave where I have over 1000 hrs which I hardly use.

Oh, on top of this, my employer doesn't only match my retirement contribution, they double what I put in.

Thanks for the correction. I thought they went to a bowl game. I checked twice on the site I was reviewing because I thought they had. The logos on the site were kind of screwed up & not very negligable. Different teams names/logos were transposed on others & was hard to read.
No problem. Only trying to help! :)

Yep. Get 5 wks vacation a year & currently have 11 or so wks banked up. This does not count sick leave where I have over 1000 hrs which I hardly use.

Oh, on top of this, my employer doesn't only match my retirement contribution, they double what I put in.

Good to hear! Can you get me an interview? :)