Evelyn since CJ went down

Pemsl looked a bit more up to speed last night. Gives me some hope he might figure it out eventually.
As I watched the game I thought Pemsyl is getting in the flow. Then I saw him smiling during a transition from commercial break which suggested he was feeling better about his performance. We need him to get to the game he showed against Iowa State.

Whatever you say homer ;)
I’m just saying, if I had your pulse on this program, I just wouldn’t have the same moxie you bring to telling people they’re wrong. It’s a gift. I may be a “homer” but I sure as hell have a better feel for the Iowa program then most on here and it’s proven over and over and frankly laughable by how much. I also love to bust your balls over it so I appreciate that you put yourself out there.

Last edited:
And to everyone’s defense, Fran’s teams have been incredibly hard to predict. I think we all just become prisoners of the moment some times as fans. Things won’t be as good today likely in a week from now, ya never know, they could be better. I’m used to the roller coaster, you’d think the rest of you guys would be too. It happens for most teams that aren’t top 10 caliber and this year, there’s a lot of parity at the top. Iowa has had the ingredients for that kind of roster to start the year but attrition adds up at some point. This new team is learning its chemistry again. I expect it to improve. Teams can band together, Iowa can hold serve at home and we still may potentially get CJ back. We don’t know, but the season isn’t dead. Let’s see how far Joe and Luka can take us.

I’m just saying, if I had your pulse on this program, I just wouldn’t have the same moxie you bring to telling people they’re wrong. It’s a gift. I may be a “homer” but I sure as hell have a better feel for the Iowa program then most on here and it’s proven over and over and frankly laughable by how much. I also love to bust your balls over it so I appreciate that you put yourself out there.
Although you don’t claim to be, I think you’re a little more prone to an overreaction than an average poster.

My pulse on the program? Lol. So because I incorrectly thought Iowa would lose to Maryland I’m somehow now an idiot. It’s one game in basketball anything can happen in one game (See UVA losing to a 16 seed or literally the thousands of other basketball upsets). Here’s a hot take for you to run with. Iowa didn’t play that well, Maryland played awful, they simply laid an egg. Iowa turned the basketball over 18 times and shot under 40% from the floor and won by 18 points. Did Iowa cause some of Maryland’s poor play, ya absolutely, but still Maryland played uncharacteristically bad. I rewatched the game yesterday they missed layups and had a lot of unforced errors. They had good free throw shooters missing free throws.

If you’re speaking to my season died at the Palestra thread, the verdict is far from out on that. I certainly hope I’m wrong on that becuase I want Iowa to dance but one upset win over Maryland doesn't determine that. I’m starting to believe more if we can get NW and then we have a 50/50 game vs Michigan at home. The thread was more about those 2 losses and the CJF injury being too much to overcome, but maybe this team will overcome it. Who knows.

The thing about sports projections is the so called experts suck at it, and Vegas makes a killing off others who try. This is a message board where folks share their opinion. You didn’t stop sharing opinions after you gave up on Iowa and Fran after the Depaul game now did you?

Although you don’t claim to be, I think you’re a little more prone to an overreaction than an average poster.

My pulse on the program? Lol. So because I incorrectly thought Iowa would lose to Maryland I’m somehow now an idiot. It’s one game in basketball anything can happen in one game (See UVA losing to a 16 seed or literally the thousands of other basketball upsets). Here’s a hot take for you to run with. Iowa didn’t play that well, Maryland played awful, they simply laid an egg. Iowa turned the basketball over 18 times and shot under 40% from the floor and won by 18 points. Did Iowa cause some of Maryland’s poor play, ya absolutely, but still Maryland played uncharacteristically bad. I rewatched the game yesterday they missed layups and had a lot of unforced errors. They had good free throw shooters missing free throws.

If you’re speaking to my season died at the Palestra thread, the verdict is far from out on that. I certainly hope I’m wrong on that becuase I want Iowa to dance but one upset win over Maryland doesn't determine that. I’m starting to believe more if we can get NW and then we have a 50/50 game vs Michigan at home. The thread was more about those 2 losses and the CJF injury being too much to overcome, but maybe this team will overcome it. Who knows.

The thing about sports projections is the so called experts suck at it, and Vegas makes a killing off others who try. This is a message board where folks share their opinion. You didn’t stop sharing opinions after you gave up on Iowa and Fran after the Depaul game now did you?
I’m just saying your historically bad at it and I never once called you an idiot. I typically can bet the farm on you being wrong about major takes on Iowa basketball every season. You say the season died at Palestra and 2 days later Iowa beats #12. You can’t make that shit up. You should hear about it. I’m the one to tell ya. You have almost no read on the players, their potential or any aspect of the team or program in general, yet you run around and talk down to posters about how their views and opinions are wrong. You’re the one who posted at me that my thinking iowa would bounce back against Maryland was sorta clueless cause they were like a better version of DePaul. You said they should win “easily”, so excuse me if I feel the need to address that take after the fact. You’re just not good at this and if your gonna keep sharing your opinion to me, I’ll go ahead and fire back if that’s cool.

Last edited:
I'd think it's pretty safe to say I'm the only one who knows anything around here.
You do better then most, yes, all I know is Nike is just plain bad at this. He once said Iowa’s likely most gifted offensive post player of all time and maybe greatest C in school history had “peaked” his freshman year. He not only said that, he said and argued that fact several times going into his Soph year. He tries to replace Connor every week like that’s EVER going to happen. He was literally so wrong about the team in general going into both of the previous seasons. He’s sold that we couldn’t compete only to be completely off over and over. He’s wrong. He never cops to it. That’s weak. He’ll just come at me for something instead on conceding that he’s a know it all that’s very rarely right on the nose when it comes to Iowa hoops. He’s a fan like me. Just not very good at reading things. I wonder how much basketball he actually gets to watch or if he just rehashes some one else’s take. Whatever he does. He should think about what he’s gonna type and then go the opposite way. Now here’s where he’ll tell you how I’m this or that. What have I done? I spelled “roll” wrong a few times and misquoted him over stupid shit he’s said and since I like the team, I’m a “homer”. That’s weak, he’s wrong a lot. I like to make sure he knows I notice. I still like the guy. I don’t go over the top, I appreciate his contributions.... he’s just wrong the majority of the time about Iowa basketball. Doesn’t make him an idiot, dumb, just wrong a lot about Iowa basketball. I don’t get why he thinks he needs to tell people his hot takes when he’s that wrong that often. It would definitely shake my confidence

Last edited:
I’m just saying your historically bad at it and I never once called you an idiot. I typically can bet the farm on you being wrong about major takes on Iowa basketball every season. You say the season died at Palestra and 2 days later Iowa beats #12. You can’t make that shit up. You should hear about it. I’m the one to tell ya. You have almost no read on the players, their potential or any aspect of the team or program in general, yet you run around and talk down to poster about how their views and opinions are wrong. You’re the one who posted at me that my thinking iowa would bounce back against Maryland was sorta clueless cause they were like a better version of DePaul. You said they should win “easily”, so excuse me if I feel the need to address that take after the fact. You’re just not good at this and if your gonna keep sharing your opinion to me, I’ll go ahead and fire back if that’s cool.
... and once again you completely change and misconstrue what I said. Go back and read that Maryland predication thread. How many beers did you have Friday? Here’s the scoop.

You said Iowa could win I responded:

“Iowa isn’t going to get as many easy looks as against Nebraska either. That was a gimmick defense but the principles of doubling off our non shooters will remain.

Maryland is the type of team Iowa already struggled with. Quick PG athletic big men and athletic wings. Think a better Depaul.

If Iowa continues to play mediocre to poor defense this will be an easy Maryland win I imagine.”

You then responded:
“You might be right, but I think beating even a depleted team on the road is hard for teams. I expect it to be close, we'll see soon enough”

I liked your post. That was the end of our discussion. Also in that thread in response to another poster I said:

“Like I said I wouldn’t be surprised to see something crazy happen here but, I just think the value here is too good to pass up.”

So I know you are having your moment to lash out because someone called you a homer. But if you come at me as I’ve told you time and time again get your facts strait and do not put words in my mouth that were not said. I never said clueless and although I felt pretty strongly I also said that anything can happen in one basketball game.

As I addressed in the previous reply to me, the season died at the Palestra thread, which seemed to escape you (I guess I shouldn’t be surprised at this point) was a discussion of what those two losses and the loss of CJF for an extended period of time would be too much to overcome when all is said and done. It didn’t mean Iowa would lose every game the rest of the way, quite frankly the fact they they responded after being 1-3 probably isn’t the most surprising thing to happen. Heck I even said in that thread that Iowa would probably get to 7 or 8 conference wins. I just thought it would be too much to overcome. We will see what happens I certainly hope to be wrong but you’ve jumped the gun on gloating because you just can’t help yourself or because you are having trouble understanding what the post was about and having long term perspective.

Try again.

It’s so dumb to argue, you just try and discredit me (now I’m an alcoholic or must of been drunk) instead of having a humble bone in your body. You just don’t know shit about Iowa basketball and I like to make sure you get called out for it

Last edited:
You do better then most, yes, all I know is Nike is just plain bad at this. He once said Iowa’s likely most gifted offensive post player of all time and maybe greatest C in school history had “peaked” his freshman year. He not only said that, he said and argued that fact several times going into his Soph year. He tries to replace Connor every week like that’s EVER going to happen. He was literally so wrong about the team in general going into both of the previous seasons. He’s sold that we couldn’t compete only to be completely off over and over. He’s wrong. He never cops to it. That’s weak. He’ll just come at me for something instead on conceding that he’s a know it all that’s very rarely right on the nose when it comes to Iowa hoops. He’s a fan like me. Just not very good at reading things. I wonder how much basketball he actually gets to watch or if he just rehashes some one else’s take. Whatever he does. He should think about what he’s gonna type and then go the opposite way. Now here’s where he’ll tell you how I’m this or that. What have I done? I spelled “roll” wrong a few times and misquoted him over stupid shit he’s said and since I like the team, I’m a “homer”. That’s weak, he’s wrong a lot. I like to make sure he knows I notice. I still like the guy. I don’t go over the top, I appreciate his contributions.... he’s just wrong the majority of the time about Iowa basketball. Doesn’t make him an idiot, dumb, just wrong a lot about Iowa basketball. I don’t get why he thinks he needs to tell people his hot takes when he’s that wrong that often. It would definitely shake my confidence
This is so frustrating because it’s hard to keep your wandering mind focused on one thing. You didn’t catch the sarcasm in my homer post? Like seriously man? There was literally a winking face right there and you didn’t pick up the sarcasm?

How much weed do you smoke brother? You literally create stories in your head. We had the Garza talk just within the last few weeks . I never said Garza peaked. Never said it. You will not find one post where I said Garza peaked but it doesn’t matter because you love speaking for me. I said he was closer to his ceiling than other players. Nobody. Not one person predicted what Garza has done.

What was my prediction about Iowa basketball here prior to the last two years that was wrong? I’d really love to know. Did I say we were going to suck? I felt good about Iowa’s team this year, thought we could dance. Did a couple threads before the season about strengths and weaknesses. I’d have to go back and look but think I did pretty well. Don’t think anyone could plan for these injuries. I also did player over unders for points last year which by the way were right on the money despite me always being wrong and having no feel for the pulse of Iowa basketball.

You are a baby. You are lashing out at me because another poster called you a homer. I’m officially done with you. I’ve stuck up for you many teams on here when others were picking on you but never again will that happen (I know you’ll say that doesn’t bother you) but you get awfully defensive when you get picked on. Everyone knows it. Anyway enough is enough I’ve told you countless times not to put words in my mouth that I never said and you continue to do it.

It’s so dumb to argue, you just try and discredit me (now I’m an alcoholic or must of been drunk) instead of having a humble bone in your body. You just don’t know shit about Iowa basketball and I like to make sure you get called out for it
You discredit me by making things up! Asking if you were drunk seems reasonable that at least gives you an out. Other posters use that one a lot. I asked about your pot usage in my last post. Don’t care because you have zero interest in the truth. You make things up to fit your narrative so I have zero respect left for you.

Now I’m a pot head, seriously, I haven’t said one thing about you except you don’t have a clue about Iowa basketball, because you don’t.

You discredit me by making things up! Asking if you were drunk seems reasonable that at least gives you an out. Other posters use that one a lot. I asked about your pot usage in my last post. Don’t care because you have zero interest in the truth. You make things up to fit your narrative so I have zero respect left for you.
What did I make up? That Maryland was gonna win easy or you said the season was over 2 days before Iowa beat the #12 team in the country

How many times is Connor gonna get beat out this off season? Seriously, go find a new hobby, your bad at this one

And you said Garza wouldn’t get much better, seriously, you argued that take
I did and I was wrong and I admitted literally a couple weeks ago I missed the mark. We had this conversation but amnesia must have hit and I never admit I’m wrong according to ingoodco. Nobody predicted what Garza has done this year, nobody. But you want to ring me over the coals because I said he was closer to his ceiling than other players. Great. Plus one for you.

But again I never called you clueless for saying Iowa could beat Maryland. I thought strongly that Iowa would win and they didn’t. The fact that you think my Palastra thread somehow means that Iowa was going to lose every game or something is your own deal. I literally said in that thread that Iowa would still probably get to 7 or 8 wins but that I thought it would be too much to overcome. Who knows how it will play out and I hope like heck I am wrong. I’m starting to believe more, if we go 2-0 this week I will really be believing but that was a long term deal.

The fact that this whole argument escalated because you couldn’t pick up blatant sarcasm in my homer comment makes me laugh so hard. Like that is seriously super funny man. Never change.

I did and I was wrong and I admitted literally a couple weeks ago I missed the mark. We had this conversation but amnesia must have hit and I never admit I’m wrong according to ingoodco. Nobody predicted what Garza has done this year, nobody. But you want to ring me over the coals because I said he was closer to his ceiling than other players. Great. Plus one for you.

But again I never called you clueless for saying Iowa could beat Maryland. I thought strongly that Iowa would win and they didn’t. The fact that you think my Palastra thread somehow means that Iowa was going to lose every game or something is your own deal. I literally said in that thread that Iowa would still probably get to 7 or 8 wins but that I thought it would be too much to overcome. Who knows how it will play out and I hope like heck I am wrong. I’m starting to believe more, if we go 2-0 this week I will really be believing but that was a long term deal.

The fact that this whole argument escalated because you couldn’t pick up blatant sarcasm in my homer comment makes me laugh so hard. Like that is seriously super funny man. Never change.
I read that as sarcasm man, you dashed my Iowa was gonna rebound against Maryland by stating they were a better DePaul and they would win easily.I know you didn’t think they’d lose every game from here on out, but just admit you thought Maryland was gonna house them and instead Iowa won by 18. You’ve been crying about Fran and the program 4 2 seasons in some way or fashion and it’s actually played fairly well. Just admit your wrong from time to time and we’ll be fine. If I call ya on your bull shit then I’m a homer or a “known homer” like you’ve stated to me before. Or worse a drunk or a druggie to... and I’m out of line? Get real

I read that as sarcasm man, you dashed my Iowa was gonna rebound against Maryland by stating they were a better DePaul and they would win easily.I know you didn’t think they’d lose every game from here on out, but just admit you thought Maryland was gonna house them and instead Iowa won by 18. You’ve been crying about Fran and the program 4 2 seasons in some way or fashion and it’s actually played fairly well. Just admit your wrong from time to time and we’ll be fine. If I call ya on your bull shit then I’m a homer or a “known homer” like you’ve stated to me before. Or worse a drunk or a druggie to... and I’m out of line? Get real
I’ve told you this on several times do not speak for me without knowing what I actually said. I literally admitted I was wrong about the Garza thing on Jan 3rd and you liked the post. Did you forget. I’ll link it now.

I have not been bagging on Iowa for two years. Where do you come up with that. I’ve been probably more positive than a lot of guys. I referenced a few threads for you already. I’ll grab some more for you.

Like I said you speak falsely for me all the time so I gave up on giving you the benefit of the doubt. This was the straw that broke the camels back because you simply keep doing it.

Somewhere you’ve dreamed up this logic that I was super down on this team the last few years and that’s not true, again it’s another Ingoodco fallacy.

I’ve told you this on several times do not speak for me without knowing what I actually said. I literally admitted I was wrong about the Garza thing on Jan 3rd and you liked the post. Did you forget. I’ll link it now.

I have not been bagging on Iowa for two years. Where do you come up with that. I’ve been probably more positive than a lot of guys. I referenced a few threads for you already. I’ll grab some more for you.

Like I said you speak falsely for me all the time so I gave up on giving you the benefit of the doubt. This was the straw that broke the camels back because you simply keep doing it.

Somewhere you’ve dreamed up this logic that I was super down on this team the last few years and that’s not true, again it’s another Ingoodco fallacy.
You know what a weirdo you sound like? Calling me a drunk or a Pott head? And then saying I’m out of line. Get bent loser, block me, but I ain’t going anywhere

Also, in no way am I misrepresenting what you said. You said it or insinuated it and instead of acknowledging it, you try and discredit me. You know dick about Iowa hoops and you gotta call people shit like an alcoholic or drug addict. I bet your great at parties.

Latest posts