Evelyn since CJ went down

mopkins

King Kong
Hate to pile on the guy but when we've needed him the most over the last 3 games with CJ hurt, here are his numbers...

67 minutes, 1-11 shooting, 1-9 (3pt), 3 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 10 fouls, 5 turnovers.

Pretty brutal, especially for a senior. Not trying to damper the huge win tonight, but it's a glaring issue.

He’s a transfer, first year in the system, a step up in competition, he’s handling it fine. He’s also been thrust into a bigger role then he was actually sold but always dreamed of. It’s a big moment he thought he had missed out on and now has the chance. Give him a minute, he might settle in. I see some potential with coaching.

He’s a transfer, first year in the system, a step up in competition, he’s handling it fine. He’s also been thrust into a bigger role then he was actually sold but always dreamed of. It’s a big moment he thought he had missed out on and now has the chance. Give him a minute, he might settle in. I see some potential with coaching.

He was good vs Cincy..no doubt about it. But he's been thrust into a crucial roll with CJ out and so far he hasn't stepped up. He's sorely needed.

He doesn't have time to settle in any more.

He has to be a vital part of what we do for here on in.

I haven't seen the DVR he because I braved the roads for an exciting double overtime high school game, but I'm going to guess from the box scores that he played good defense. That's what he's going to have to predicate the rest of his game off of.

I was at the game. It was a damn good thing we had this grad transfer tonight. Without him, we probably did not win this game.
I think you are spot on. We would have been totally screwed without him. He played well enough to bail us out when JT was struggling. Sure hoping we see a few more Cincy performances out of him though!

Hate to pile on the guy but when we've needed him the most over the last 3 games with CJ hurt, here are his numbers...

67 minutes, 1-11 shooting, 1-9 (3pt), 3 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 10 fouls, 5 turnovers.

Pretty brutal, especially for a senior. Not trying to damper the huge win tonight, but it's a glaring issue.
He doesn’t play as good of defense as CJ and obviously can’t shoot like him either . His best value to this team is his ball handling skills especially running the point on the press break . That value showed last night

I highly doubt Fran sold him on being a 10-12 minute guy off Iowa’s bench. I’m guessing he said there is uncertainty surrounding Jbo’s injury we are bringing in a freshman guard you’ll have opportunities at the 1 and 2.

I would also think if you asked Evelyn strait up he’s been very disappointed with the way he’s played this far.

Evelyn is our best hope right now to withstand the CJ injury. He is the one who probably has the highest ceiling in relation to how he's played so far. If Pemsl's issues are in his head and not with his body, he could make a big jump too. I'm just not counting on that one at all. Then Joe T obviously has quite a bit if room for improvement. We need at least one of those things to happen. If somehow all 3 could happen, we could still be in pretty good shape if CJ gets back in 2 or 3 weeks.

He doesn’t play as good of defense as CJ and obviously can’t shoot like him either . His best value to this team is his ball handling skills especially running the point on the press break . That value showed last night
He isn't a blue chip transfer, he came to Iowa, he is a fill in, doing his best against upgraded competition.

Iowa needs Evelyn to make shots. It is obvious that it is a confidence issue. Those 5-8 open looks he will likely get per game from here on out, he will need to make some of those.

He's gotta make some shots. He is getting a decent amount of clean looks at the basket. Iowa needs more from him other than handling the rock in transition.

Evelyn is our best hope right now to withstand the CJ injury. He is the one who probably has the highest ceiling in relation to how he's played so far. If Pemsl's issues are in his head and not with his body, he could make a big jump too. I'm just not counting on that one at all. Then Joe T obviously has quite a bit if room for improvement. We need at least one of those things to happen. If somehow all 3 could happen, we could still be in pretty good shape if CJ gets back in 2 or 3 weeks.
I would agree. He can play better I believe he just hasn’t yet. I think the Cincy game shows he’s got the potential.

I would like Eveyln to get more minutes and Pemsl and Kriener to get a little less, becuase I prefer small style as you well know. Iowa had 18 more turnovers yesterday, and I think the spike in turnovers in part has to do with more minutes for Kriener and Pemsl at the 4. They combined for 5 yesterday, that’s insanely high for big men and it’s not out of the norm for those two.

Pemsl looked a bit more up to speed last night. Gives me some hope he might figure it out eventually.

I would agree. He can play better I believe he just hasn’t yet. I think the Cincy game shows he’s got the potential.

I would like Eveyln to get more minutes and Pemsl and Kriener to get a little less, becuase I prefer small style as you well know. Iowa had 18 more turnovers yesterday, and I think the spike in turnovers in part has to do with more minutes for Kriener and Pemsl at the 4. They combined for 5 yesterday, that’s insanely high for big men and it’s not out of the norm for those two.
Joe T is a huge reason for the turnover too. At least with him and Kriener, it seems like something good or bad happens every time they touch the ball, as opposed to Pemsl where it's been mostly bad.

Joe T is a huge reason for the turnover too. At least with him and Kriener, it seems like something good or bad happens every time they touch the ball, as opposed to Pemsl where it's been mostly bad.
Absolutely and Evelyn is a bit turnover prone as well. I’ve said in the past I can live with travels and charges (which are a fair amount of his TOs) by Toussaint those are more manageable than throwing it to the other team. It’s really been a big spike, but I do feel a big part of it is those Bigs getting more minutes at the 4.

I would love to see Joe T play QB for Kirk...cardiac kid...nooooo, yes great TD run! Brian get him the hell out of there.

He's gotta make some shots. He is getting a decent amount of clean looks at the basket. Iowa needs more from him other than handling the rock in transition.
With those shooting mechanics he will never make a lot of shots .

I highly doubt Fran sold him on being a 10-12 minute guy off Iowa’s bench. I’m guessing he said there is uncertainty surrounding Jbo’s injury we are bringing in a freshman guard you’ll have opportunities at the 1 and 2.

I would also think if you asked Evelyn strait up he’s been very disappointed with the way he’s played this far.
If I had “hot take” hit ratio that you did at this point, I don’t think I could sell it with quite the same conviction as you do.