Evelyn since CJ went down

Also I'm gunna side with Nike on this latest argument. I think Ingoodco came way too hard this time.
Thank you.

In reflection I definitely do disagree with a lot of folks, and maybe that can come off as talking down to people. That is not my intent. I do like the back and forth discussion as that’s what makes it interesting.

It’s one thing to poke fun at someone for incorrectly predicting one basketball game (albeit I still find that pretty funny considering college basketball games are clearly ridiculously hard to predict). I thought that would pretty much be the end of it, but to basically call into question my entire posting history and say I’m wrong about literally everything seemed a little overboard. I’ve said a lot of dumb shit here that’s for certain, but I like to think I’ve said a few things that turned out to be true.

I can appreciate @InGoodCo ‘s passion for Iowa hoops.

What is with people attacking each other on this website lately?? Maybe it's just a reflection of our culture now. Somebody has to be right and somebody has to be wrong. Can't have a different point of view.

Anyway, getting back to Evelyn. I like his ball handling even though his TO number is a bit high. We're very fortunate to have him. If he hadn't transferred to Iowa, we'd be in a world of hurt.

You may now resume your flame war. :D

Thank you.

In reflection I definitely do disagree with a lot of folks, and maybe that can come off as talking down to people. That is not my intent. I do like the back and forth discussion as that’s what makes it interesting.

It’s one thing to poke fun at someone for incorrectly predicting one basketball game (albeit I still find that pretty funny considering college basketball games are clearly ridiculously hard to predict). I thought that would pretty much be the end of it, but to basically call into question my entire posting history and say I’m wrong about literally everything seemed a little overboard. I’ve said a lot of dumb shit here that’s for certain, but I like to think I’ve said a few things that turned out to be true.

I can appreciate @InGoodCo ‘s passion for Iowa hoops.

I just see it as it's easier to respond to something you disagree with. When you agree with something, there isn't much to say. Just like it and move on.

I'll never get on someone for missing a prediction. Your "season died" thread made perfect sense. Odds were highly in favor of you being right. Hell, you still might be. But it was just a prediction based on what you thought the odds were. What I do do is get on people who go as far as say there is no way something will happen, or something will for sure happen. But you didn't do that, it was pretty much a thread about things looking really bleak. Which they were. So in my mind, you were kinda right, even If you end up being proved wrong.

What is with people attacking each other on this website lately?? Maybe it's just a reflection of our culture now. Somebody has to be right and somebody has to be wrong. Can't have a different point of view.

Anyway, getting back to Evelyn. I like his ball handling even though his TO number is a bit high. We're very fortunate to have him. If he hadn't transferred to Iowa, we'd be in a world of hurt.

You may now resume your flame war. :D

Evelyn is a competent point guard despite the turnovers of which every Hawk on the floor is guilty

Bakari moves the ball quickly and he is constantly in motion, making it more difficult for the opponent to trap

He gets the ball quickly over half court

Without Bakari we lose to the bearcats

He is very comfortable running the team and is a worthy complement to the Beast, JoeT that is

It's all GOOD

Relax and enjoy the show

Just like Barnum and Bailey

The Greatest Show on Earth

300_Ringling%20Bros%20and%20Barnum%20with%20Bailey%20Circus%20-%20The%20Greatest%20Show%20on%20Earth%20Poster%20Collection.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:
I just see it as it's easier to respond to something you disagree with. When you agree with something, there isn't much to say. Just like it and move on.

I'll never get on someone for missing a prediction. Your "season died" thread made perfect sense. Odds were highly in favor of you being right. Hell, you still might be. But it was just a prediction based on what you thought the odds were. What I do do is get on people who go as far as say there is no way something will happen, or something will for sure happen. But you didn't do that, it was pretty much a thread about things looking really bleak. Which they were. So in my mind, you were kinda right, even If you end up being proved wrong.
When I saw CJF in that boot, I just kind of assumed he’d be out for at least a month. If we get him back sooner than that even in a smaller role that would be huge for us.

Kinda the same deal with the "Garza is closer to his ceiling" point. If you would have said "Garza has no room to improve. He will be the same player in 2 years as he is now" then argued when people called you out about being so definitive, I would be right there with ingoodco calling you out for your bad take. But what you said had pretty good reasoning behind it and you didn't draw a line in the sand and say "no way he can improve", so I don't have an issue with it at all. You underestimated his drive, and because of that, you were wrong. But it wasn't a bad take and you weren't extreme about it.

I have the same take about Bohannon being close to his ceiling. Who knows, maybe when he's health he will move quicker. Maybe he will become a better ball handler and get a really good floater. Maybe he will shoot 50% from 3. If so, I'll be wrong. But my logic is sound and I'm not saying "no way he gets better" so I should be ok on here if it happens. Hopefully it will.

Kinda the same deal with the "Garza is closer to his ceiling" point. If you would have said "Garza has no room to improve. He will be the same player in 2 years as he is now" then argued when people called you out about being so definitive, I would be right there with ingoodco calling you out for your bad take. But what you said had pretty good reasoning behind it and you didn't draw a line in the sand and say "no way he can improve", so I don't have an issue with it at all. You underestimated his drive, and because of that, you were wrong. But it wasn't a bad take and you weren't extreme about it.

I have the same take about Bohannon being close to his ceiling. Who knows, maybe when he's health he will move quicker. Maybe he will become a better ball handler and get a really good floater. Maybe he will shoot 50% from 3. If so, I'll be wrong. But my logic is sound and I'm not saying "no way he gets better" so I should be ok on here if it happens. Hopefully it will.
The thing that floors me about the Garza thing is he and I had the same discussion within the last two weeks. Someone had bumped his original recruiting commitment thread and in there InGoodCo was blasting me. He didn’t even have the decency to mention me in the comment so I didn’t even stumble on the call out until sometime later to defend myself. I said my piece admitted I was partially wrong. He liked my post and I thought we had moved but he again tried it in this thread and I again had to explain my original comment, what I missed, and how he was misconstruing it. Frustrating.

Secondly, nobody really called this with Garza. It wasn’t like everyone was saying the guy would be a borderline All American as a junior and I was sitting there saying he was a scrub. I’ve always liked Garza, but still could point out his shortcomings. I thought he’d average near 16 a game this year which is pretty damn nice for a college player. I missed that he would make this big of a jump. Anyway I guess we can all agree Garza’s improvement has been amazing to watch.

The thing that floors me about the Garza thing is he and I had the same discussion within the last two weeks. Someone had bumped his original recruiting commitment thread and in there InGoodCo was blasting me. He didn’t even have the decency to mention me in the comment so I didn’t even stumble on the call out until sometime later to defend myself. I said my piece admitted I was partially wrong. He liked my post and I thought we had moved but he again tried it in this thread and I again had to explain my original comment, what I missed, and how he was misconstruing it. Frustrating.

Secondly, nobody really called this with Garza. It wasn’t like everyone was saying the guy would be a borderline All American as a junior and I was sitting there saying he was a scrub. I’ve always liked Garza, but still could point out his shortcomings. I thought he’d average near 16 a game this year which is pretty damn nice for a college player. I missed that he would make this big of a jump. Anyway I guess we can all agree Garza’s improvement has been amazing to watch.
I think Garza and Pemsl got together at some point and they both agreed because of injury that Cordell would just give all of his post moves to Luka. Pemsl was incredibly around the basket his freshman season and now that post game is completely non-existent.

You guys don't take my side? I am heart broken. I'll just go get drunk and smoke a doob and lie about a bunch of stuff to feel better.

I'm not surprised at all about Garza's offensive production. His rebounding is surprising me and his defense is blowing me away.

I'm not surprised at all about Garza's offensive production. His rebounding is surprising me and his defense is blowing me away.
Yup. Everyone talks scoring but the biggest things have been defense especially the shot blocking and ability to stay out of foul trouble, rebounding on both ends, and then the conditioning to play that hard for that long.

I'll get drunk with you. Not much on the doob tho.

I don't either - and I definitely don't lie. I mean, I have tried the weed before, but certainly not chief'n on the reg. I don't need you guys to take my side. I put Nike on blast... I did. I knew what I was doing and really I was just busting his balls.cause honestly, he does reply to a lot of my posts with a contrarian like attitude that he's talking down to me "a known homer" (his words not mine) and he says stuff to me like... i dunno calls a me drunk, a pot head and a liar and shit and then says I should respect him and stuff, but it's weird, I don't after that, right? Weird I know. Anyways. I just wanted to let you know - I'm cool if you don't take my side. I wasn't really looking for reassurances. I am at peace with calling him out. I felt like I needed to - maybe he'll reply to me less or better yet, maybe he'll only reply when his take about something related to Iowa basketball might come to fruition.

You guys don't take my side? I am heart broken. I'll just go get drunk and smoke a doob and lie about a bunch of stuff to feel better.
The beer comment was pretty harmless I’ve used that one on a few people. Nothing wrong with enjoying a few after a big hawkeye victory. The weed one was over the top but I was being a dick in response to you being a dick. That’s not a ringing apology but that’s all I will offer at this point.

Very frustrating to feel I have my words being misconstrued and in essence be called the village idiot. That crown was previously worn by Hawk5656 (Twins) and Lightning and they are both gone by the wayside. Don’t think I’m ready for that crown just yet.

The beer comment was pretty harmless I’ve used that one on a few people. Nothing wrong with enjoying a few after a big hawkeye victory. The weed one was over the top but I was being a dick in response to you being a dick. That’s not a ringing apology but that’s all I will offer at this point.

Very frustrating to feel I have my words being misconstrued and in essence be called the village idiot. That crown was previously worn by Hawk5656 (Twins) and Lightning and they are both gone by the wayside. Don’t think I’m ready for that crown just yet.

You're not the village idiot. I don't apologize either. I mean, I do for the weirdo and loser comment, cause that wasn't very nice. Every thing else I feel pretty good about, especially that part about you not knowing a lot about Iowa basketball.

I don't either - and I definitely don't lie. I mean, I have tried the weed before, but certainly not chief'n on the reg. I don't need you guys to take my side. I put Nike on blast... I did. I knew what I was doing and really I was just busting his balls.cause honestly, he does reply to a lot of my posts with a contrarian like attitude that he's talking down to me "a known homer" (his words not min) and he says stuff to me like... i dunno calls a me drunk, a pot head and a liar and shit and then says I should respect him and stuff, but it's weird, I don't after that, right? Weird I know. Anyways. I just wanted to let you know - I'm cool if you don't take my side. I wasn't really looking for reassurances. I am at peace with calling him out. I felt like I needed to - maybe he'll reply to me less or better yet, maybe he'll only reply when his take about something related to Iowa basketball might come to fruition.

So not going to hug it out?

I have no intentions. He called me a drunk, a pot head and a liar. Why would I hug it out with someone like that? We can coexist. I am good with it.
He said are were drinking and smoking. He didn't call you an addict. I was reading your posts and guessing you were bombed too FWIW.