Evelyn since CJ went down

You know what a weirdo you sound like? Calling me a drunk or a Pott head? And then saying I’m out of line. Get bent loser, block me, but I ain’t going anywhere
Like I said I have now regard for you feelings becuase you have zero respect for my word. You make things up when I’ve told you time and time again to get your facts strait before speaking for me.

I’m not blocking you. When you have one of your patented meltdowns I’ll be right there throwing gas on the fire instead of sticking up for you like I have many times. Respect is a two way street and you lost mine when you continued to make things up.

Also, in no way am I misrepresenting what you said. You said it or insinuated it and instead of acknowledging it, you try and discredit me. You know dick about Iowa hoops and you gotta call people shit like an alcoholic or drug addict. I bet your great at parties.
Yes you are. I literally just proved it within this thread. You said I called you clueless for saying Iowa COULD win. Never said it. You said I said Garza peaked. Never said it.

Like I said I have now regard for you feelings becuase you have zero respect for my word. You make things up when I’ve told you time and time again to get your facts strait before speaking for me.

I’m not blocking you. When you have one of your patented meltdowns I’ll be right there throwing gas on the fire instead of sticking up for you like I have many times. Respect is a two way street and you lost mine when you continued to make things up.[/QUUTE]

Like I care about having the respect of having someone who knows dick about what he talks about and calls me out for being high. I have the facts straight just fine. You can't cope with being wrong all the time. I get it, that would be hard.

Like I care about having the respect of having someone who knows dick about what he talks about and calls me out for being high. When I hardly drink and definitely don't smoke pot. I have the facts straight just fine. You can't cope with being wrong all the time. I get it, that would be hard.

Yes you are. I literally just proved it within this thread. You said I called you clueless for saying Iowa COULD win. Never said it. You said I said Garza peaked. Never said it.
You said Garza wasn't gonna get much better, what do you think peak means?

You said Garza wasn't gonna get much better, what do you think peak means?
I said he was closer to his ceiling than other players on the team. I also said he could improve his 3pt shooting and his defense could take a step forward. I said I thought he’d average around 16 PPG this year. In my strengths thread I also said he would have better rebounding numbers this year. So ya I missed the mark on Garza making this big of a jump, but you are making it sound like I called him a scrub. It turns out he wasn’t closer to his ceiling as I predicted. I was wrong and I’m happy as hell I was. But no I did not say he peaked.

I said he was closer to his ceiling than other players on the team. I also said he could improve his 3pt shooting and his defense could take a step forward. I said I thought he’d average around 16 PPG this year. In my strengths thread I also said he would have better rebounding numbers this year. So ya I missed the mark on Garza making this big of a jump, but you are making it sound like I called him a scrub. It turns out he wasn’t closer to his ceiling as I predicted. I was wrong and I’m happy as hell I was. But no I did not say he peaked.
Same f’n thing. But that’s me misrepresenting you. What I don’t have wrong is you just don’t make a lot of calls on Iowa hoops that ring true and you talk down to people who have different opinions about it. Often times to me. Yet you expect me to give you respect and that I should hope for yours, after taking personal shots at me. You’re a great guy

To me it appeared Evelyn came into the season playing like a substitute. Don't screw up, don't shoot too much, try to stay out of the way, just get us some minutes. Now, his role has dramatically changed. He needs some time to settle into his new role, but he doesn't have much time. He can start by playing tough defense, and let the offense come to him, don't force it. He has to do this, there aren't any other options at this point. He's shown he can, but it needs to be a lot more consistent.

I can't decide who's dumber. You guys for this arguement, or me for reading it all. I feel like me kids are fighting. Do I need to force you both to hug it out? Cause I will.
I was surprised as anyone to come on here and see ingoodco in full attack of me and my posting history. He poked at me for Iowa’s win and I gave him the out with a sarcastic quip. Thought that would be it but then he just went all the way in. Don’t know if he’s having a bad day or what. We’ve had our moments on here but we’ve also agreed a lot. I was surprised to see him go on a full attack, oh well.

He buries a lot of his lies within his long and drawn out posts and then spams more and more them. I feel the need to respond to his fallacies and it gets drawn out.

To me it appeared Evelyn came into the season playing like a substitute. Don't screw up, don't shoot too much, try to stay out of the way, just get us some minutes. Now, his role has dramatically changed. He needs some time to settle into his new role, but he doesn't have much time. He can start by playing tough defense, and let the offense come to him, don't force it. He has to do this, there aren't any other options at this point. He's shown he can, but it needs to be a lot more consistent.

One thing's for sure. Our offense is not very good right now. Half the possessions the shot clock becomes a factor. And half of those end up in Connor shooting it. At least the defense is trying hard. But we can't rely on teams to shoot as bad as Maryland, so the offense needs to get going.

Lies haha. More like generalizations of your overall sentiments towards topics being discussed. I say peaked, you said “had a lower ceiling and was closer to it”. Same thing. You say “the season died at Palestra” and then say “well that’s not what I meant I said they’d win 7 or 8 more games”. What does season died and things like with CJ gone this team can’t compete mean? Literally 2 days later Iowa beats #12, their highest ranked win of the year and could be ranked again in the top 25 tomorrow. Seems like the season still lives. Same thing. Tells me that Maryland will win easily and that Maryland is like a better DePaul. Then say you didn’t mean that either. I know you where putting out the vibe this wasn’t a tournament team to start the year. You put out the same vibe the season before. I called ya on it then too. Insinuating that Fran can’t recruit and that his son was the reason. You are blatantly wrong about Connor every time you talk. Do I have to be having a bad day to call you on something, you do it to me literally every time you disagree with me. The only time we interact is when you engage it. Typically to tell me I’m wrong. When I do it, I’m a homer, an alcoholic or a drug addict and somehow you’re trying to play the victim and make me the bad guy here. That’s some tremendous spin. I’m not misrepresenting your takes at all. Why can’t I have my opinion that you are terrible at seeing Iowa basketball with any clarity? That’s my opinion. You are. Anyways, I’ll move on. Can’t wait for you to douce me with fire for my takes cause of all the defending you do of me. Who do you think you’re fooling? Get real man.

One thing's for sure. Our offense is not very good right now. Half the possessions the shot clock becomes a factor. And half of those end up in Connor shooting it. At least the defense is trying hard. But we can't rely on teams to shoot as bad as Maryland, so the offense needs to get going.
The good news is we got the big win without our offense playing well. Hopefully we save the big offensive night for NW or Michigan or maybe both.

We’re challenged on the perimeter now, we’re down to 8 scholarship players. We also have the potential B1G player of the year and one of the best 3’s in the league. Fran is proving you can stick those guys out there with just about anyone and your gonna be fairly competitive. For all the too slow, too white, playing his kid because he’s his dad narrative we have, Iowa does something better then most teams in college basketball and that’s put the ball in the hoop. They’re going to continue to be good at that as long as they have 2 guys that put it in the hoop as much as Luka and Joe. Iowa is good, was good and is still good. The ceiling probably isn’t as high tho, that’s just a given at this point

Lies haha. More like generalizations of your overall sentiments towards topics being discussed. I say peaked, you said “had a lower ceiling and was closer to it”. Same thing. You say “the season died at Palestra” and then say “well that’s not what I meant I said they’d win 7 or 8 more games”. What does season died and things like with CJ gone this team can’t compete mean? Literally 2 days later Iowa beats #12, their highest ranked win of the year and could be ranked again in the top 25 tomorrow. Seems like the season still lives. Same thing. Tells me that Maryland will win easily and that Maryland is like a better DePaul. Then say you didn’t mean that either. I know you where putting out the vibe this wasn’t a tournament team to start the year. You put out the same vibe the season before. I called ya on it then too. Insinuating that Fran can’t recruit and that his son was the reason. You are blatantly wrong about Connor every time you talk. Do I have to be having a bad day to call you on something, you do it to me literally every time you disagree with me. The only time we interact is when you engage it. Typically to tell me I’m wrong. When I do it, I’m a homer, an alcoholic or a drug addict and somehow you’re trying to play the victim and make me the bad guy here. That’s some tremendous spin. I’m not misrepresenting your takes at all. Why can’t I have my opinion that you are terrible at seeing Iowa basketball with any clarity? That’s my opinion. You are. Anyways, I’ll move on. Can’t wait for you to douce me with fire for my takes cause of all the defending you do of me. Who do you think you’re fooling? Get real man.
Again nothing I said in the Palestra thread I have backpedaled or stepped back from. I literally said in the original post of that thread that Iowa would get to 7-8 conference wins. It wasn’t like I backpedaled and said well we will get 8 now it was in the god damn original post. Again, I could absolutely be wrong about that thread, but the verdict isn’t out yet. Could it have been a knee jerk overreaction on my part absolutely. But again I will maintain the Maryland game, one game, doesn’t change the point of that thread.

Again nothing I said in the Palestra thread I have backpedaled or stepped back from. I literally said in the original post of that thread that Iowa would get to 7-8 conference wins. It wasn’t like I backpedaled and said well we will get 8 now it was in the god damn original post. Again, I could absolutely be wrong about that thread, but the verdict isn’t out yet. Could it have been a knee jerk overreaction on my part absolutely. But again I will maintain the Maryland game, one game, doesn’t change the point of that thread.
Palestra and Lincoln were at the end of a long grueling stretch for Iowa. They ran out of gas. I don’t think we can say the seasons dead. The odds are stacked highly in favor of you being right with that prediction due to injury and I think you could still be right. I know what ya meant. Doesn’t change the fact that they actually showed life immediately following it instead of the death you declared. That was funny and it goes to show that you have no idea and neither do I. As an Iowa fan, I’m not gonna count out Luka and Joe after what I’ve seen so far. You’ve been wrong on a lot of your takes on this program the last couple of seasons that I’m sure of. So I call you on it. I generalize. You call me on shit too. It’s probably not fair to you that i generalize and I’ll apologize for calling you a weirdo and a loser, I think the drunk and pot smoking comments were pretty out of line. But I get it because I was trolling you, hard. This is me being a jerk. I get sick of you being a contrarian to my views and when Iowa defies the predictions or bars you set, I’m gonna let ya know about it.... cause you let me know about it when you don’t agreee with my takes. That’s how it works

he's been a steady ball handler and giving some solid minutes that way which has been much needed. he's been good at defensive end also. but yeah, he needs to start playing better

Palestra and Lincoln were at the end of a long grueling stretch for Iowa. They ran out of gas. I don’t think we can say the seasons dead. The odds are stacked highly in favor of you being right with that prediction due to injury and I think you could still be right. I know what ya meant. Doesn’t change the fact that they actually showed life immediately following it instead of the death you declared. That was funny and it goes to show that you have no idea and neither do I. As an Iowa fan, I’m not gonna count out Luka and Joe after what I’ve seen so far. You’ve been wrong on a lot of your takes on this program the last couple of seasons that I’m sure of. So I call you on it. I generalize. You call me on shit too. It’s probably not fair to you that i generalize and I’ll apologize for calling you a weirdo and a loser, I think the drunk and pot smoking comments were pretty out of line. But I get it because I was trolling you, hard. This is me being a jerk. I get sick of you being a contrarian to my views and when Iowa defies the predictions or bars you set, I’m gonna let ya know about it.... cause you let me know about it when you don’t agreee with my takes. That’s how it works
I’ll give you this. When I responded in this thread about Evelyn I thought he’s going to come at me about predicting Iowa to lose to Maryland. I actually rewrote my original post. But then I also thought it was a fair statement that Evelyn probably wasn’t sold on being a 9th or 10th man either and that ingoodco might agree with that. It set some things in motion but to me Incorrectly predicting the outcome of an upset win wasn't that big of a thing.

Yeah with 2 main scorers and a handful of inconsistent guys pretty much I think it'll be tough for us to hit the 75 pt mark/game. We'd been averaging 80 I think. I don't think we can hang our hats on holding teams in the 50s or less. So yeah someone else is going to have to step up. Be it Joe T (my first option since he'll be handling the ball the most) Kinda sucks to put that on him but anyone else even capable of it? Kreiner can now and then but I don't think he can be counted on for it game in and game out.

Yeah with 2 main scorers and a handful of inconsistent guys pretty much I think it'll be tough for us to hit the 75 pt mark/game. We'd been averaging 80 I think. I don't think we can hang our hats on holding teams in the 50s or less. So yeah someone else is going to have to step up. Be it Joe T (my first option since he'll be handling the ball the most) Kinda sucks to put that on him but anyone else even capable of it? Kreiner can now and then but I don't think he can be counted on for it game in and game out.

They gotta take turns scoring in double digits. Hopefully no big games get wasted on a loss. Win close games. That's the recipe for getting to 10-10. If CJ gets back soon, 10-10 might be selling the team short. These next 4 games are really important.

Also I'm gunna side with Nike on this latest argument. I think Ingoodco came way too hard this time.