Eno just De-Committed per twitter

Wow! So even the head of HN.com is a bigger Kirk fan than Iowa fan. Ever wonder why Iowa accepts mediocrity on the football field?

Just Kirk doing Kirk things. There is only room for one bull in Iowa City.

This is why I neve even bother to learn players' names until they've played one season at Iowa. It's also why we live and die by lucky bounces more than skill.

Wow! So even the head of HN.com is a bigger Kirk fan than Iowa fan. Ever wonder why Iowa accepts mediocrity on the football field?

Good God this is dumb. That would be like me saying that you somehow are in support of covering up rape because you want special treatment for some kids/recruits.

Of course that is stupid, and some of you need to climb down off the edge. This policy is in place because of Karan Higdon, you know that recruit that we LET visit Michigan who then committed to Michigan.

If you don't get that it is in Iowa's best interest to keep any and all verbal commits as far away from other campuses as possible, then you just aren't thinking clearly.

Good God this is dumb. That would be like me saying that you somehow are in support of covering up rape because you want special treatment for some kids/recruits.

Of course that is stupid, and some of you need to climb down off the edge. This policy is in place because of Karan Higdon, you know that recruit that we LET visit Michigan who then committed to Michigan.

If you don't get that it is in Iowa's best interest to keep any and all verbal commits as far away from other campuses as possible, then you just aren't thinking clearly.
Comparing recruiting to rape. Yeah, you're cool.

Mark Weismann started for a couple years at Iowa.
All you guys bringing up Weismann realize he was in there due to injuries. Since you brought it up, his Jr and Sr year teams were the same caliber team as this hot mess and we have two good backs. I'm sure if we had a 4* back we would be undefeated though. C'mon Man!

Comparing recruiting to rape. Yeah, you're cool.

Saying people love Kirk more than Iowa is just as dumb. I flat out said My comparison was dumb (it was meant to prove a point and I said as much). The sad thing is you actually believe yours.

KF has had a lot of solid 6-6, 5-7 seasons with slow, talent-less, teams...trust the process. He has won coach of the year in the BigT four times and he and his family are set for several lives... KF ball is rock solid...if you get bored with it, just squint a bit and pretend the boys are out there with leather helmets. It is more exciting that way.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh!!!

I think Eno spends too much time on twitter.

you know...when I was a kid......

grumpy-old-man-350.jpg

Let me guess, that was from your high school book when you were a freshman right? Lol

--------Kids like Eno usually come with swagger and ego. Harbaugh - Meyer - Saban - BB - etc. These coaches have huge egos yet find a way to accommodate huge egos.

But that's not the Iowa way. Winning 7 games with the swagger beaten out of them is our way. Viva La Iowa!!!

Great point!!!

*Its not really that big of a deal. Remember that year our running back ran for over two thousand yards in back to back seasons??? .................. wait, that was in Ames wasn't it? Sorry, my bad.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Davis_(running_back)

*Having Shonn was like winning the lotto for Iowa. We likely won't see his likes in Iowa City ever again.......... at least while KF and family are here.

What did you all expect? It's not like we pay our coach a premier top salary like Alabama, Ohio State, and North Dakota State.

Yeah it's sarcasm but it makes a point.

It was so wrong on so many avenues. It was one of the easiest schedules in decades for Iowa and Barta should have let that weigh heavy in his decision before giving Kirk that huge extension. Then again it obviously isn't about producing a top notch football program it's about financial stability for the Sports programs at Iowa. It was purely a financial decision. Yes it's very frustrating if your dream is for your team to compete with the other programs that pay their coach as well, but the fact of the matter is its IOWA football so don't expect anything to change as long as the fans keep coming and the money keeps coming.

Those of you who want to see Iowa compete with the he big boys are delusional. Do you really expect us to compete against universities that have top notch facilities, devoted fan bases, and highly paid coaches?????????

................ yes, there's that sarcasm again. :(

Last edited:
This is going to get worse. The NCAA changed the number of tickets given to recruits from 3 to 5 when they come for game day visits. Before it was mom and dad or mom and coach that came. Now it is being your friends for a fun weekend on a college campus. My son is a low level D2/ NAIA prospect and has been on visits, he is going on a few to see friends that go to those schools, with no intention of signing with the school. They take a visit, watch a free game and get some free swag like shirts and hats. Our insecure coaching staff is behind the times. As a parent if my son likes a school and verbally committed and the head coach tried to play parent and tell us what we could and couldn't do I would tell him to go get bent.

This is going to get worse. The NCAA changed the number of tickets given to recruits from 3 to 5 when they come for game day visits. Before it was mom and dad or mom and coach that came. Now it is being your friends for a fun weekend on a college campus. My son is a low level D2/ NAIA prospect and has been on visits, he is going on a few to see friends that go to those schools, with no intention of signing with the school. They take a visit, watch a free game and get some free swag like shirts and hats. Our insecure coaching staff is behind the times. As a parent if my son likes a school and verbally committed and the head coach tried to play parent and tell us what we could and couldn't do I would tell him to go get bent.
Amen!!

So Higdon flipped on signing day, one commit out of hundreds in the KF era.
Ah well of course Iowa should be paranoid.
Makes perfect sense.
Can't let that happen again.

These are high school kids. They don't really know what a commitment is at that point in their life - heck, one week they have their forever girlfriend, and the next week they have their new forever girlfriend. He's treating these kids like full grown adults, when they're not. So, you lose a kid once in awhile because he looks around. If he starts looking around, then so does Iowa. Have enough confidence in your program and convey that to the kid that there is no better place for him to be - and most times I bet he'll stick.

My guess is you have to treat the 4-5 star kids differently. They know they have options, but if you want to swim in that sea, you're going to get bit once in awhile by the sharks. If you'd prefer the safety of the wading pool full of 2 stars and the occasional 3 star, then enjoy your 7-5 records and the occasional unicorn season.

He treats recruits like he treats games - he plays not to lose.

i don't know if my son will have the chance to play big time college sports or not, so I will relate this to something I know will happen. If he has a high school girlfriend that he thinks he loves, but she keeps him from talking to other girls and gets angry when he does, I will kindly point out to him that there are plenty of other, more secure ( less bitchy) females out there.

There is a reason North Korea doesn't let its people connect to the outside world. Because if they did they wouldn't want to live in a that shithole. Iowa isn't North Korea, but Kurt may be as insecure as our buddy Kim.

So Higdon flipped on signing day, one commit out of hundreds in the KF era.
Ah well of course Iowa should be paranoid.
Makes perfect sense.
Can't let that happen again.

1 out of 1 verbal commit that was given the green light to go on another official visit because they swore up and down it wasn't going to change their minds......oops and it changed his mind.

Look around at other schools, ONCE THEY VERBAL all coaching staffs do everything they can to keep those verbals from officially visiting other schools. The verbal commits are still being recruited by others schools, they are in the commits ear, trying and trying and trying to get them to visit. If you let those guys through the crack and the kid is interested enough to take a visit even though they know if they do they are getting their Iowa offer pulled, then they are good as gone anyway. At least then you know where you stand and you have time to recruit other good players.

It is tough enough keeping other schools at bay. If all of a sudden your policy is to just let the kids who are verbals go an visit anywhere and everywhere you job will become 1000x tougher.

i don't know if my son will have the chance to play big time college sports or not, so I will relate this to something I know will happen. If he has a high school girlfriend that he thinks he loves, but she keeps him from talking to other girls and gets angry when he does, I will kindly point out to him that there are plenty of other, more secure ( less bitchy) females out there.

There is a reason North Korea doesn't let its people connect to the outside world. Because if they did they wouldn't want to live in a that shithole. Iowa isn't North Korea, but Kurt may be as insecure as our buddy Kim.

Terribly analogy. The better analogy is that you son is in a relationship with a girl and is committed to her. All of a sudden he gets interest from other girls, all of them are flirting with him, talking to him and want him to come over and "spend the night". The girl he is committed to is cool with your son talking to them, flirting with them (because he isn't an idiot and knows that happens and is ok with it). She does however draw the line that he is absolutely not to spend the night with them.

If your son came to you and said well dad, my girl says I can't visit AND still continue to date her, is this unreasonable? What should I do dad, because even though I like her, I want to see what else is out there and I am going to take other visits.

That to me is a kid who is no longer committed. Not the end of the world, I'm not going to kill the kid for changing his mind. Yet you gotta understand that the "girl" isn't, and shouldn't put up with this. It means your son is no longer committed to the girl. Iowa understands that if a kid is willing to toss his scholarship at Iowa in the garbage to look at other schools, they are no longer committed in their heads and hearts anyway. From the girls or Iowa's perspective it makes no sense to allow them to literally run around on you.

Latest posts