Don't know if this has been posted, but Hawks blame some of poor play on Social Media

Pretty much. I mean, there isn't a poster on here that has had a spot light on them like any of these guys. Not even remotely close. So, it's really easy to say "suck it up" when you haven't spent a second in their shoes and never will spend a second in their place. I would venture that most people on here have never been publicly criticized in their entire lives and if they have, it wasn't even 1% the level these guys face. It takes a special kind of a-hole who can't sympathize at least a little with what they are saying.
Jesus Christ. Having people protest outside your office or your residence or your kids school and pulling your family into some kind bad thing you did as a public figure would be truly miserable. Having messages that tag you but aren't even sent directly to you as we who actually understand how twitter works have explained is not a hardship. Put your fucking phone down and maybe work on your defense a little bit.

Jesus Christ. Having people protest outside your office or your residence or your kids school and pulling your family into some kind bad thing you did as a public figure would be truly miserable. Having messages that tag you but aren't even sent directly to you as we who actually understand how twitter works have explained is not a hardship. Put your fucking phone down and maybe work on your defense a little bit.

Is that how Twitter works? I didn't know you couldn't DM people or send tweets directly at a player. Thanks for clearing it up for us dummys.

You can't DM people unless they follow you. If Iowa players are getting hateful DMs from people they are following that's an easy fix.

They aren't humans right? I mean they are gladiators who exist for our amusement right? Why should we care that they are being harassed and heckled? They are so lucky to be given the honor to come get a free education at the elite institution of Iowa. Smack dab in the middle of nowhere. They should just quit being self aware and just work on their damned defense. Feelings and human need for adulation are only for real people. Damn their souls for eternity if they aren't good enough basketball players. Put your phone down and entertain me dancing bear.

This is how I interpret your (and others) perspective. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can't DM people unless they follow you. If Iowa players are getting hateful DMs from people they are following that's an easy fix.

hmmm... I've always been able to @ anyone ... including the POTUS and his many fakes and I don't "follow" any of them. Maybe my tweeters jacked up. I'm not being snarky when I say ... I would never consider myself someone who "knows" how twitter works.

They should all just ignore basic human nature and learn how box out already. Snowflakes and their phones man, grow a pair and eat glass like the rest of us.

They aren't humans right? I mean they are gladiators who exist for our amusement right? Why should we care that they are being harassed and heckled? They are so lucky to be given the honor to come get a free education at the elite institution of Iowa. Smack dab in the middle of nowhere. They should just quit being self aware and just work on their damned defense. Feelings and human need for adulation are only for real people. Damn their souls for eternity if they aren't good enough basketball players. Put your phone down and entertain me dancing bear.

This is how I interpret your (and others) perspective. Correct me if I'm wrong.
They should all just ignore basic human nature and learn how box out already. Snowflakes and their phones man, grow a pair and eat glass like the rest of us.
I’m glad to know that this doesn’t happen at any other school. I mean no other D1 player had to deal with someone harassing them on twitter, it was only the poor Iowa players who dealt with it.

It is a lame excuse, plain and simple.

I’m glad to know that this doesn’t happen at any other school. I mean no other D1 player had to deal with someone harassing them on twitter, it was only the poor Iowa players who dealt with it.

It's a totally lame excuse....and it happens every where. No where did I say it was a valid excuse. No where did I say it only happens at Iowa. I said, it's easy for us old A-holes to say "don't let it effect you or hurt your feelings, get out there and work harder" because NOT one of us has ever been in that situation. If we were, we might have a different perspective. I don't feel like that is a bad take. They are human and in Rainbow Brite Land we can all pretend that words or criticism doesn't effect the human psyche, but it does, of even the best athletes and people. Being strong or more focused or tough has nothing to do with it.

It's a totally lame excuse....and it happens every where. No where did I say it was a valid excuse. No where did I say it only happens at Iowa. I said, it's easy for us old A-holes to say "don't let it effect you or hurt your feelings, get out there and work harder" because NOT one of us has ever been in that situation. If we were, we might have a different perspective. I don't feel like that is a bad take. They are human and in Rainbow Brite Land we can all pretend that words or criticism doesn't effect the human psyche, but it does, of even the best athletes and people. Being strong or more focused or tough has nothing to do with it.
The best athletes and people don’t let it affect them, or they use it as motivation to make them better. They do not feel sorry for themselves.

Winners win

Losers make excuses

I have no problem with shunning it as an excuse. It is not an excuse for anything. It is however a shame that they have to deal with such pieces of shit. It is also a shame that even decent people in here have become so callous that they actually blame the players for having thier feelings hurt over it. I mean that is down right fucked up. Say your kid whiffed a soccer goal in PE. I suppose you would have no objection to them facing constant belittlement for it. You would probably just tell him to grow a pair. Maybe the PE teacher should scorn the kid for being upset over being ridiculed.

The best athletes and people don’t let it affect them, or they use it as motivation to make them better. They do not feel sorry for themselves.

Winners win

Losers make excuses

Maybe you forget, you are talking about a team sport.

hmmm... I've always been able to @ anyone ... including the POTUS and his many fakes and I don't "follow" any of them. Maybe my tweeters jacked up. I'm not being snarky when I say ... I would never consider myself someone who "knows" how twitter works.
That's not a DM.

so now it's the fans fault? I wonder if Fran has a crying room for them to go to in tough times? Wait until they go out in the real world!

First. Read the players quotes. It says absolutely nothing about blaming the negativity on poor play. The thread title is a slanted piece of turd. All they said was it was hard to deal with when they were losing games and getting railed online.

2. What real world are you referring to? I was unaware that most of us lived in a world where hundreds of thousands of people passed judgment on us on a daily basis. You must be some big shot.

I have no problem with shunning it as an excuse. It is not an excuse for anything. It is however a shame that they have to deal with such pieces of shit. It is also a shame that even decent people in here have become so callous that they actually blame the players for having thier feelings hurt over it. I mean that is down right fucked up. Say your kid whiffed a soccer goal in PE. I suppose you would have no objection to them facing constant belittlement for it. You would probably just tell him to grow a pair. Maybe the PE teacher should scorn the kid for being upset over being ridiculed.
If I were a parent of a college player in this situation I would tell them either:

-shut down your twitter and other social media to avoid this

Or

-Quit. If the insults from the outside are too much to handle and it isn’t fun for you, don’t play.

It is really as simple as that. I have no time to sit around worrying about things that I can’t control, and you certainly can’t control what people say about you on the internet.

What real world are you referring to? I was unaware that most of us lived in a world where hundreds of thousands of people passed judgment on us on a daily basis. You must be some big shot.
The only reason they really know is because they're reading their mentions. Get OFF twitter for christ sake. No one is calling their phones or emailing their personal email. They are seeking out their mentions and then being sad when they're negative.

First. Read the players quotes. It says absolutely nothing about blaming the negativity on poor play. The thread title is a slanted piece of turd. All they said was it was hard to deal with when they were losing games and getting railed online.

2. What real world are you referring to? I was unaware that most of us lived in a world where hundreds of thousands of people passed judgment on us on a daily basis. You must be some big shot.
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right........and YES

51WUQvwaYzL.jpg

In all seriousness, it's no wonder we couldn't win on the road this year and fell behind by at least 18 points in every single conference road game. This team, for whatever reason, just cannot handle hostile environments....whether it's in a basketball game or on their phone.

Latest posts