Don't know if this has been posted, but Hawks blame some of poor play on Social Media

Quit following social media...spend your time learning how to block out, play defense, pick and roll, shoot a mid range bank shot...and learn how to play help defense...
This is good.
“revkev73” said:
How long would these cupcakes make it at Ft. Benning Infantry School...8 hours...?

We have a bunch of wimps on this team...man up little ones...
this is stupid as usual.

The real men at Benning and in other uniforms wouldn’t be screaming at other young men because “they just don’t win enough for me - to help my self-image”.

That’s not how real men get their self-worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a bad idea to admit it bothered them, but the true problem is that fans are saying things that bother the team. It's a problem everywhere else too I'm sure. But it sure would help the team be better if we were the one place it didn't happen.

folks, this is the only "social media" avenue i use. No twitter, no FB, nothing else. but kids today have been raised using social media and many, many studies show how kids today assess their self-worth via their social media and how they're viewed.

Social media good vs bad is another discussion. but the fact that kids today place huge value in it, is real. these kids live through social media. it might be wise for everyone named Francis to lighten up. For those not named Francis; don't change your name to Francis.

Assessing your self worth from "something outside" like the opinions of others, how many likes you get on your Facebook page, how many nice things coach will say...is a dead end...

This team can't win because it is made up of a coach and players who don't know what it takes, and aren't willing to pay the price to get it...

Get to work, improve, quit crying and making excuses...get better and impress the fans, and you will hear many more positives...

When you put the work in and get better...you can feel a lot better about yourself, with a healthy dose of pride and accomplishment for a goal achieved.

For now...turn off the social media...you can't handle the truth.

Well...I am glad I read lots of these posts because they have helped me get to the core of the problems surrounding this hideous season...

1 - bad officiating

2 - negative posters who don't offer enough "likes" to the players

3 - cheerleaders who don't cheer loud enough for the players to hear them (fixed it)

Just Stop...

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Team and Individual defense did not go so well huh? That's ok, you are still special to me. Hugs and Kisses....XOXOXOXO.

I don't know about you guys but I love excuses. I never used to. As an Iowa fan, that's all we get anymore. We get excuses from the AD, about why we suck. We get excuses from the Head Coach. Now we get excuses from the players. I guess it really is true. Attitude reflects leadership. JFC....

If more fans supported the team as I do things would be different. A few players have expressed appreciation for my positive posts on social media about them and the team. A positive environment generated from fans like me also helps with recruiting.
If you're tweeting at players, even if its positive, you're a tool. I have never and never will tweet at or tag/mention a player on twitter or any other social media. Tweeting at players telling them they did a good job or whatever is just as bad as calling them out. Stop engaging kids on twitter when you're a damn adult.

I've got a confession to make. I'm really Rick Pitino and I've been using this website to help me steal all of Fran's recruits. Well....this website and hookers. Now that I'm done coaching, I thought it was probably time to fess up.
I'll be hanging around though. I've got nothing better to do.

I don't know about you guys but I love excuses. I never used to. As an Iowa fan, that's all we get anymore. We get excuses from the AD, about why we suck. We get excuses from the Head Coach. Now we get excuses from the players. I guess it really is true. Attitude reflects leadership. JFC....
I’m with you man, and what a lame excuse at that. The funny thing to me is many of these guys brought it upon themselves. I remember JBo and Kriener snickering at the experts for picking Iowa to finish down in the B1G.

I’m with you man, and what a lame excuse at that. The funny thing to me is many of these guys brought it upon themselves. I remember JBo and Kriener snickering at the experts for picking Iowa to finish down in the B1G.
I don't begrudge young adults using social media. It's a big part of their lives, for better or worse. They need to understand how it works and they need to be honest with themselves. If that kind of crap gets to them, they need to be smart enough to shut it off. Or have Fran proof read and edit the comments before they read them, maybe?

It was a bad idea to admit it bothered them, but the true problem is that fans are saying things that bother the team. It's a problem everywhere else too I'm sure. But it sure would help the team be better if we were the one place it didn't happen.

What the hell do they expect with the vast majority of their performances this year?!? Like others have said, sack up and use it as motivation.

I don't begrudge young adults using social media. It's a big part of their lives, for better or worse. They need to understand how it works and they need to be honest with themselves. If that kind of crap gets to them, they need to be smart enough to shut it off. Or have Fran proof read and edit the comments before they read them, maybe?

Could you imagine the tweets after Fran edits them? They would all show up to practice raving about how all the fans say they're the best shooter they've ever seen.