Does Tyler Cook get drafted?

Does Tyler Cook get drafted Thursday?

• yes

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • no

Votes: 42 91.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tyler and the Nuggets play tonight, Friday, at 10:30 PM central time. If you are old like me, set those recording devices.

The game got postponed due to the earthquake and hasn't been rescheduled yet.
Chalk up a sports arena as one place I would definitely NOT want to be if an earthquake hits. All those speakers in the rafters, the rafters themselves, those catwalks. Think of the center court scoreboard crashing to the floor.

I was watching when the earthquake hit, it was weird seeing the scoreboard and those speakers swinging back and forth. I would've got out of there myself.

Agreed, heck Marvin McNutt just about got taken out when there was no earthquake.

ESPN_SKYCAM_HAYWIRE.gif

Denver beats Orlando 84-79

Tyler seemed to do good things, especially the dunk. The one stat that does stand out is his +/- number in a win.

Tyler Cook
POSITION PF
MINUTES IN GAME 14
POINTS 6
FIELD GOALS MADE 2
FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED 2
FIELD GOALS PERCENTAGE 100.0
THREE POINTERS MADE 0
THREE POINTERS ATTEMPTED 0
THREE POINTERS PERCENTAGE 0.0
FREE THROWS MADE 2
FREE THROWS ATTEMPTED 2
FREE THROWS PERCENTAGE 100.0
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS 1
DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS 1
TOTAL REBOUNDS 2
ASSISTS 0
TURNOVERS 0
STEALS 0
BLOCKS 1
PERSONAL FOULS 3
PLUS/MINUS -9

Denver beats Orlando 84-79

Tyler seemed to do good things, especially the dunk. The one stat that does stand out is his +/- number in a win.

Tyler Cook
POSITION PF
MINUTES IN GAME 14
POINTS 6
FIELD GOALS MADE 2
FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED 2
FIELD GOALS PERCENTAGE 100.0
THREE POINTERS MADE 0
THREE POINTERS ATTEMPTED 0
THREE POINTERS PERCENTAGE 0.0
FREE THROWS MADE 2
FREE THROWS ATTEMPTED 2
FREE THROWS PERCENTAGE 100.0
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS 1
DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS 1
TOTAL REBOUNDS 2
ASSISTS 0
TURNOVERS 0
STEALS 0
BLOCKS 1
PERSONAL FOULS 3
PLUS/MINUS -9

How did that stat line get a "-9?"

How did that stat line get a "-9?"
The individual stat line has nothing to do with the +/- in this case. It simply means that during his fourteen minutes on the floor his team gave up nine more points than it scored.

Back in the day John Wooden and Dean Smith used to compile versions of what was called the Total Performance Chart for each player. Then Lute Olson started using it, then numerous high school coaches. That chart scored certain individual plays with a plus or minus grade, but had nothing to do with points allowed or scored.

+/- is pretty useless on such a small sample size and is probably better to be used as a team lineup metric than it is an individual performance metric. It's hard to gauge much of anything on just 14 minutes but I'd say the 3 fouls stands out more to me than the +/-.

Hopefully TC gets bigger minutes down the stretch of the summer league to showcase his game.

Plus minus stats can be skewed in single games and small sample sizes.

TC’s Box +/- last year did come in at 7th on Iowa’s team for the regulars.

The announcers in the game yesterday put up the current Nuggets roster and commented how hard it was going to be for anybody to make the roster this fall. The Nuggets were the #2 seed in last year's playoffs, they expect to be good.

I've been thinking that there are 500 or so on summer league rosters with most of them auditioning for at best a two way NBA contract or a g league or overseas opportunity. There are lots of good basketball players chasing their dreams not to mention the money.