Does Tyler Cook get drafted?

Does Tyler Cook get drafted Thursday?

• yes

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • no

Votes: 42 91.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That doesn't help Cook's chances at making the Nuggets NBA roster.
Western conference teams have been going crazy as they sense the ending of Golden State's run.

Giannis will probably be joining one of them soon.

Brooklyn is making huge waves in the east.

Then there's the Bulls, who haven't figured out that three is more than two, can't attract free agents and continue to be run by Gar Foreman and John Paxson.

The individual stat line has nothing to do with the +/- in this case. It simply means that during his fourteen minutes on the floor his team gave up nine more points than it scored.

Back in the day John Wooden and Dean Smith used to compile versions of what was called the Total Performance Chart for each player. Then Lute Olson started using it, then numerous high school coaches. That chart scored certain individual plays with a plus or minus grade, but had nothing to do with points allowed or scored.

Gotcha, thanks

To me the -9 maybe meant that TC and his teammates at the time weren't playing very good D.

Tyler also had 3 fouls in those 14 minutes. I didn't see any of the action but I'd have to wander if he sent the other team to the line a couple times which giving up free points certainly wouldn't help the D and +/-

Western conference teams have been going crazy as they sense the ending of Golden State's run.

Giannis will probably be joining one of them soon.

Brooklyn is making huge waves in the east.

Then there's the Bulls, who haven't figured out that three is more than two, can't attract free agents and continue to be run by Gar Foreman and John Paxson.

It's the same thing in all pro sports. Those teams that are right on the edge of being a playoff team or not often stay in that spot because they don't get a high draft pick and if they do get the 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs they lose in the 1st round. Or as in the Bulls case you make very poor draft picks too often when they do have a high draft pick. Teams are figuring this out which is why tanking has become an issue in all major team sports in the US.

The Nuggets lose to the Celtics by 13 and TC doesn't do much in his second summer league game.

Tyler Cook
POSITION PF
MINUTES IN GAME 11
POINTS 0
FIELD GOALS MADE 0
FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED 1
FIELD GOALS PERCENTAGE 00.0
THREE POINTERS MADE 0
THREE POINTERS ATTEMPTED 0
THREE POINTERS PERCENTAGE 0.0
FREE THROWS MADE 0
FREE THROWS ATTEMPTED 0
FREE THROWS PERCENTAGE 00.0
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS 2
DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS 2
TOTAL REBOUNDS 4
ASSISTS 2
TURNOVERS 1
STEALS 0
BLOCKS 0
PERSONAL FOULS 3
PLUS/MINUS -16

Nuggets lose to tthe Celtics and TC doesn't get much playing time.

Tyler Cook
POSITION PF
MINUTES IN GAME 9
POINTS 6
FIELD GOALS MADE 2
FIELD GOALS ATTEMPTED 3
FIELD GOALS PERCENTAGE 66.6
THREE POINTERS MADE 0
THREE POINTERS ATTEMPTED 0
THREE POINTERS PERCENTAGE 0.0
FREE THROWS MADE 2
FREE THROWS ATTEMPTED 2
FREE THROWS PERCENTAGE 100.0
OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS 1
DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS 0
TOTAL REBOUNDS 1
ASSISTS 1
TURNOVERS 1
STEALS 3
BLOCKS 0
PERSONAL FOULS 2
PLUS/MINUS +5

The summer league is over for TC and the Nuggets.

So, what happens now? The best case scenario for TC will be to get invited to the Nuggets fall camp. And, then to make the roster, maybe with a two way contract where he can go up and down between the G league and the Nuggets. Will that happen is the question?

Sure, TC showed some highlight reel stuff at summer camp like we've seen the last three years but is that enough. He just need to play ball, gain experience and get better no matter where he's playing next year.

The Nuggets just last week got PF Jeremy Grant in a trade with OCK. That can't help.

Good Luck, Tyler!

Go Hawks

Last edited:
Not a good sign that he got few minutes in a game that mattered a little more. Most likely he will play in the G League this year and not get one of those two way contracts.

This is going to sound like a hater comment. But hope he doesn’t make the D league and goes overseas and to make a bunch of money. It just seems like going to the D league is the kiss of death for basketball players. I can think of one who went there and then came up to the nba to make a real difference. There is always a new crop of players coming out of college who you are competing with, as well as those in the D league. I’ll still be rooting for him wherever he goes. Aaron white has make some good money overseas, I don’t see who TC can’t either.

This is going to sound like a hater comment. But hope he doesn’t make the D league and goes overseas and to make a bunch of money. It just seems like going to the D league is the kiss of death for basketball players. I can think of one who went there and then came up to the nba to make a real difference. There is always a new crop of players coming out of college who you are competing with, as well as those in the D league. I’ll still be rooting for him wherever he goes. Aaron white has make some good money overseas, I don’t see who TC can’t either.
If his true goal is the NBA then playing in the G League is his best chance. Very few players have gone overseas after college and made it to the NBA. Not as much money for sure. I'd guess that he plays one or two years in the US and tries to make an NBA roster, then goes overseas to make better money soon after that if he doesn't make it to the NBA.

Nice interview, it made it sound like there were maybe more than one Hawkeye on the staff. Below is teh coaching staff off their website and we see Ryan Bowen there. Ryan has been an assistant with the Nuggets for a bunch of years now under several different coaches. Maybe there is someone on the strength staff or elsewhere.

Good Luck TC!

• Head Coach
    • Michael Malone
      (College - Loyola (MD))
  • Assistant Coach
    • Wes Unseld
      (College - Johns Hopkins)
    • David Adelman
      (College - Portland State)
    • Jordi Fernandez
      (College - )
    • Ryan Bowen
      (College - Iowa)
    • Charles Klask
      (College - Michigan Stat

Typical TC performance. Highlight reel stuff, disappears a lot. Kinda silly that he went pro, but we all knew that. Get that "money", I guess.