Does Tyler Cook get drafted?

Does Tyler Cook get drafted Thursday?

• yes

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • no

Votes: 42 91.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As the draft is just about to start, with 41 votes in 87% of HN feels Tyler Cook will not get drafted tonight.

We'll see shortly................

Go Hawks

As the draft is just about to start, with 41 votes in 87% of HN feels Tyler Cook will not get drafted tonight.

We'll see shortly................

Go Hawks
So many players....

....so few spots.

The NBA might be the toughest professional team sport league to get drafted into.

source.gif

tenor.gif

If only dunking was the only qualification.......good luck to him.

Last edited:
Well, Ethan Happ didn't get drafted either.

The guy who at times looked like the second coming of Kevin McHale in college is left sitting in the same position as Cook and hundreds of others.

The NBA is an elite, elite club. Tough to obtain membership

Well, HN got this poll right. Too bad, still.

The B1G and Iowa St did pretty well.

Next step should be getting on a summer league team roster. They start play July 5 so things will happen fast.

Guess we will have to wait for Weiscamp before we hear an Iowa player's name on draft day. If Garza puts on 25 pounds and improves his J, he could be a poor man's Gassol I guess.

Lmao hell no, with 15 picks left in the draft last light he was the 50th rated player left. Should have stayed at Iowa, the dude was a decent college basketball player who doesn’t have a jumper, gives up on defense. Sorry for the butthurt fans that’ll take this to heart but he literally could only jump and dunk what were people truly expecting? He might be a “nice” guy but that doesn’t mean you’re NBA ready. Lmao reality check for some of you fans that don’t live in reality

Lmao hell no, with 15 picks left in the draft last light he was the 50th rated player left. Should have stayed at Iowa, the dude was a decent college basketball player who doesn’t have a jumper, gives up on defense. Sorry for the butthurt fans that’ll take this to heart but he literally could only jump and dunk what were people truly expecting? He might be a “nice” guy but that doesn’t mean you’re NBA ready. Lmao reality check for some of you fans that don’t live in reality

In his defense, he probably wasnt getting drafted next year either.
Make some money kid

I have no issues with Cook leaving college. If I was in his shoes I would have done the same and probably even left last year. You only get so many playing years on your body, why not try and maximize the money while you can, even if it is overseas? One can always go back to college for that piece of paper that for a lot of these guys doesn't mean jack anyways.

Guess we will have to wait for Weiscamp before we hear an Iowa player's name on draft day. If Garza puts on 25 pounds and improves his J, he could be a poor man's Gassol I guess.
There are several players on the team we haven't seen play yet. Garza has possibilities, and I'm hopeful Nunge will be special.

Could have made money next year too....and had a college degree. Great kid, good player... should have stayed for his Senior year.

Sometimes people are just ready for something new. He could make 50k to 100k overseas or 48k I think in d league. He can still get the degree when he is ready to move on from basketball. And he will probably get to that point a year earlier now.

I am more disappointed about moss. He could have been the star of the squad instead he chose to be a role player. But for Kansas I guess I cant blame him.

I have no issues with Cook leaving college. If I was in his shoes I would have done the same and probably even left last year. You only get so many playing years on your body, why not try and maximize the money while you can, even if it is overseas? One can always go back to college for that piece of paper that for a lot of these guys doesn't mean jack anyways.

Leaving last year makes a lot more sense to me than this year. When you only have one year left, you just as well finish something in my worthless opinion. Having 2 more years left seems more daunting so just as well get out of a situation you don't love.

Wow. He's lucky to get this opportunity after being out for the summer. Hopefully he doesnt think hes above the d league.

Leaving last year makes a lot more sense to me than this year. When you only have one year left, you just as well finish something in my worthless opinion. Having 2 more years left seems more daunting so just as well get out of a situation you don't love.

I'd agree with this. I think the plan was for Tyler to come back to work on his game and show improved ball handling, shooting, and defense. Shooting didn't improve and it's debatable if his ball handling did. He did showcase it more, that's for sure. I'd say his defense was much better, he seemed to try harder on that end anyways. I'm guessing if he knew a year ago where he'd be at right now if he came back, he would have left last year.

Hopefully he gets healthy enough to have a chance to catch on with a team. We'll see how it plays out.

I'm sure TC did work on his shooting, ball handling, defense and even rebounding last year. It just didn't show much in the games.

Signing this contract with the Nuggests doesn't guarantee him much other than an opportunity to prove himself, maybe that's all he needs. He'll be on their summer league team with a goal of being invited to fall camp. He can always be waived but would still get his guaranteed money although I'm guessing it's not that much.

The best possible scenario would be to get signed to a full contract. Last year the NBA upped the number of roster spots to 17 with the last two being what they call 'two way contracts'. That allows the parent club to move them up and down from their G league team at will. There is a 45 game limit at the NBA level where if they play that many games with the parent club they have to be signed to a full contract or released. I believe this contract is for $75k or something like that. If all else fails they can get signed to a G league contract which pays them around $30k this year but they do get medical, housing and use of the parent club facilities, if they are close enough.

A first clue will be how much playing time TC gets in the summer league. White, Uthoff, and Jok all got deep sixed in the summer league, never got much of a chance.