Do we want Iowa State to win tonight?

I'm closer to Pollard than Hoiberg when it comes to transfers. But I would definitely be against Iowa taking in a bunch of players that were kicked off of their former teams.

Why would I have been outraged by Hubbard, he's a JUCO, he had used all of his eligibility up. He was not abandoning his previous team, and he was not being kicked off.
And by a bunch, do you mean 3 in 3 years? By my count, the only troubled transfers were Allen, Lucious, and White. And they were far from troubled at ISU.

People like Chris Allen and Lucious did nothing to earn a chance at redemption. Unless playing at ISU is punishment- and having been to Ames, your argument is starting to win me over.

Why does it matter how Fred gets to the dance? He's getting there. That's literally all that matters. The jealousy on here shown by a select few is totally laughable. If the roles were reversed, there wouldn't be a peep from Hawk fans. It really comes across as sour grapes.

People like Chris Allen and Lucious did nothing to earn a chance at redemption. Unless playing at ISU is punishment- and having been to Ames, your argument is starting to win me over.
I suppose if punishment is going to the NCAA tourney, you are right

There is no need for jealousy. Iowa has improved immensely. Fran has them poised for the tourney next year. And, this year, it should cost much, much less to buy into the NIT due to their improvement. :p

There's no denying Hoiberg's transfer strategy worked, it got ISU make into the upper half of the B12 and NCAA tournament very quickly. But I think Fran has us in better shape for next season and going forward. ISU is losing five of their top seven guys and this year they don't have proven D-1 transfers stepping in to take their place. Fran and Fred used different strategies to turn around their programs, but they are both working well.

There's no denying Hoiberg's transfer strategy worked, it got ISU make into the upper half of the B12 and NCAA tournament very quickly. But I think Fran has us in better shape for next season and going forward. ISU is losing five of their top seven guys and this year they don't have proven D-1 transfers stepping in to take their place. Fran and Fred used different strategies to turn around their programs, but they are both working well.
Agree, but there are some good HS kids coming. That is the future. And, I remember hearing how we would suck this year, having lost our top 3 scorers.

Agree, but there are some good HS kids coming. That is the future. And, I remember hearing how we would suck this year, having lost our top 3 scorers.

High school kids aren't the same as proven D-1 players like you have had coming in. Going to need those juco's to really step in order to make it back to the tournament again.

High school kids aren't the same as proven D-1 players like you have had coming in. Going to need those juco's to really step in order to make it back to the tournament again.
Make up your mind Hawk Nation! Last year all I heard was that Lucious sucked, Clyburn was only good because he played in a crappy conference, and we were going to be terrible. Now they are proven D-1 players again??

Anyway, we will have a bunch of question marks, but it is hard not to trust Hoiberg's plan. A nucleus of Ejim, Niang, and two talented freshman guards, along with one that redshirted will make things interesting. And the JUCO bigs.

I tried to tell you all that no good ever comes from the clowns winning, but most of you would not listen.

Make up your mind Hawk Nation! Last year all I heard was that Lucious sucked, Clyburn was only good because he played in a crappy conference, and we were going to be terrible. Now they are proven D-1 players again??

Anyway, we will have a bunch of question marks, but it is hard not to trust Hoiberg's plan. A nucleus of Ejim, Niang, and two talented freshman guards, along with one that redshirted will make things interesting. And the JUCO bigs.

I don't think anyone with a brain expected iowa state to be "terrible" this year. Anyways, Iowa should be significantly better than ISU next season. Iowa brings all but one and brings in a lights out shooter, whih happens to be Iowa's biggest area of need. Iowa State loses its top guys and replaces them with freshmen. One team appears to be looking at a potential Top-25 finish, while the other will likely miss the tournament.

I don't think anyone with a brain expected iowa state to be "terrible" this year. Anyways, Iowa should be significantly better than ISU next season. Iowa brings all but one and brings in a lights out shooter, whih happens to be Iowa's biggest area of need. Iowa State loses its top guys and replaces them with freshmen. One team appears to be looking at a potential Top-25 finish, while the other will likely miss the tournament.
I can't disagree with any of this, on paper anyway. I am learning that Hoiberg knows what he is doing, though, so I don't think we will be that bad. Not trying to get be an *** here, but who is the lights out shooter coming in?

I can't disagree with any of this, on paper anyway. I am learning that Hoiberg knows what he is doing, though, so I don't think we will be that bad. Not trying to get be an *** here, but who is the lights out shooter coming in?

Compared to Ogelsby? Both Jok and Uthoff, it's all relative.

Compared to Ogelsby? Both Jok and Uthoff, it's all relative.
Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting someone. Jok may be good, but then again the argument was just made that freshmen are unreliable.

ISU's freshman sharpshooter, Matt Thomas, is arguably the best HS shooter in the nation right now. It will be fun to see he and Jok chuck it against each other.

Latest posts