Did anyone listen to Iowa State's News Conference today?

End all games with these pieces of crap. They committed criminal battery against our band and are trying to blame the band for it.

It is like the local media has kid gloves when it come to Pollard, and the ISU fan base. This is sooooo obviously victim blaming and excuse making by Pollard and ISU, and the media doesn't call them out at all.

The simple fact is if ISU just comes out and says you believe what the band is saying, that is unaccecptable behavior, and we need to get with Iowa to revamp our policies that is all that was needed. I think most understand in a crowd of people you aren't going to be able to punish the bad actors. Yet to turn this around on Iowa and the band members, and say since there is no police report it didn't happen. Then to further say that not only did it not happen, but if it did happen it was their fault anyway.

It is BS, it is Pollards thin skinned ass, being Lil Brother to the extreme. The sad part is those ****ing idiot Clone fans eat that shit up and love him for his bad behavior and handling of this as well. It is like a cult, and it is sad and pathetic.

I think you are way off base on this one. Even if the band did go into that Cyclone crowd to do a "victory lap" in no way should they have expected to be ASSAULTED for that. For instance, did you see Tyler Cooks video he took after Iowa won the game, he was doing a victory lap, should he have been worried about being assaulted?

Plus you act like the Iowa band was in a "bad neighborhood" and should have been very, very wary. Why is that? They have been to dozens of away games, they have played their fight song hundreds of times. What exactly is the "dangerous" behavior here.

I'm sorry, but you are totally buying into Pollards narrative here, it is sad that people just still victim blame in many ways. While you keep saying "they didn't deserve that" you make excuses for why it did happen, and place some of the blame on the victim cause "they should have expected it".

How many times do I have to say it. I'm not buying into shit. The fans being wrong for what they did and the band being dumb for instigating (if they did) can both be true at the same time. One being true doesn't make the other one false and one being worse than the other doesn't make the other false.

If you heard a guy got punched at a bar, would it not matter at all to you if he was just completely minding his own business before, or he went up to the guy and called him a pussy and told him he's been fucking his wife? If you want to argue that Pollard's story is all lies, my response is I dont know either way. If you want to argue what they did wasn't intentionally instigating, my response is I don't know because I wasnt there. If you want to argue that even if they were intentionally instigating, it doesn't make even a little bit of difference at all, then I disagree.

I get the analogy and it makes sense, but sometimes with analogies, one can be wrong and the other can be not as wrong. That's the case with this analogy. Dressing a certain way only makes you hotter. You don't deserve to get raped because you look hot. You never deserve to be raped period. But I will say this. You can put yourself in a position where you're more likely to be raped by making choices. It doesn't make it less bad by the person who raped you. But it can make you think "that was a bad idea".

If you are sitting at a restaurant andsomeone comes up and mugs you, it's wrong of the person who mugged you. If you walk down an alley at night in a bad neighborhood and get mugged, its equally as wrong for the mugger, but maybe you set yourself up for failure a little bit.

As far as discrediting Pollard's story goes, I don't really have an opinion on whether his story is true or not. That's not even the point in this whole he said she said deal. All I did was say my opinion on what I thought IF it was true. I never gave my opinion on if I thought it was nor do I have one. IF it's TRUE, the band set themselves up for failure. They didn't "get what was coming to them". They didn't "deserve it". They set themselves up for failure.

Not buying what you are selling.

End all games with these pieces of crap. They committed criminal battery against our band and are trying to blame the band for it.

I now believe that we should end this series as well. I've never been a huge fan due to ISU's reputation as a lower-tier D1 team, but thought it was good for the state. With the behavior of Clown fans trending worse & crossing the line this year, JT stadium is now officially a place I'll never visit again (along with Michigan State & Arizona). If I'm feeling nostalgic for a D3 level experience, I'll catch a game at Drake or Valley stadium.

It is simply inexcusable to assault children in a marching band. You can't explain it away.

The entire Iowa State fan base and administration should be ashamed and an unconditional apology should be issued. Instead, we get deflection and B.S. from that piece of shit Jamie Pollard.

End this series, now.

How many times do I have to say it. I'm not buying into shit. The fans being wrong for what they did and the band being dumb for instigating (if they did) can both be true at the same time. One being true doesn't make the other one false and one being worse than the other doesn't make the other false.

If you heard a guy got punched at a bar, would it not matter at all to you if he was just completely minding his own business before, or he went up to the guy and called him a pussy and told him he's been fucking his wife? If you want to argue that Pollard's story is all lies, my response is I dont know either way. If you want to argue what they did wasn't intentionally instigating, my response is I don't know because I wasnt there. If you want to argue that even if they were intentionally instigating, it doesn't make even a little bit of difference at all, then I disagree.

Sorry, you are so wrong on this one. Children were injured. Think about it.

It is simply inexcusable to assault children in a marching band. You can't explain it away.

The entire Iowa State fan base and administration should be ashamed and an unconditional apology should be issued. Instead, we get deflection and B.S. from that piece of shit Jamie Pollard.

End this series, now.

1. Young adults are not children so stop confusing the two.
2. This isn't going to end the series, nor should it.

1. Young adults are not children so stop confusing the two.
2. This isn't going to end the series, nor should it.

It should and hopefully it will, what ISU is getting away with and trying to blame the Iowa band is stupid as can be and anybody who thinks otherwise is a clown!

JP is trying to draw moral equivalencies here to distract the public on how awful their fans treated the Iowa band. State that "there side did stuff too" to take the focus off the fact that his side acted far worse. It's not the first time this kind of bait and switch tactic has been used to try and confuse people in our culture. Shame on Jamie Pollard.

Pollard is an idiot. He' s using the old "So's your old man" argument to try to deflect attention away from the Iowa State thugs..If - as he claims - the Iowa State band is likewise mistreated in Iowa City, then he should provide the evidence (names of Iowa State band members subjected to inappropriate behavior, what that behavior was, and which games it happened, etc.)
If he can't provide details, then he should shut his pie hole.

It just seems to me that this football series needs to take a break. I can't believe how emotional Pollard is about it. What a complete tool he is. The two fan bases need some time off. Next time somebody may get killed.....it is not worth it.

Just take a two year break and then try to resume it. I'm sure the Iowa fans are just as bad when Iowa State goes to Kinnick. This is simply not a healthy situation anymore.

If I'm the Iowa band, I never step foot in Trice again. Why take the risk? The person with broken ribs easily could have been killed.

It's long past time to end this overblown and mean spirited series. I mean really - what Big 10 team have we played for 40 plus years straight? None.
The series should never have resumed in 1977. The level of hatred that Iowa State fans have for Iowa is way off the charts. Iowa does NOT need this game - Iowa State HAS to have it for the purpose of ticket sales.

There will be more "inappropriate behavior" in Ames, You can count on that.

I've been to an Iowa/Iowa State game in Ames. Thank God I arrived early enough to hear the Iowa State student section yell out "F IOWA" over and over. That was classy. My God, can''t we replace this game with a mid tier team from the PAC 12 or something along along those lines?

I now believe that we should end this series as well. I've never been a huge fan due to ISU's reputation as a lower-tier D1 team, but thought it was good for the state. With the behavior of Clown fans trending worse & crossing the line this year, JT stadium is now officially a place I'll never visit again (along with Michigan State & Arizona). If I'm feeling nostalgic for a D3 level experience, I'll catch a game at Drake or Valley stadium.
It's long past time to end this overblown and mean spirited series. I mean really - what Big 10 team have we played for 40 plus years straight? None.
The series should never have resumed in 1977. The level of hatred that Iowa State fans have for Iowa is way off the charts. Iowa does NOT need this game - Iowa State HAS to have it for the purpose of ticket sales.

There will be more "inappropriate behavior" in Ames, You can count on that.

I've been to an Iowa/Iowa State game in Ames. Thank God I arrived early enough to hear the Iowa State student section yell out "F IOWA" over and over. That was classy. My God, can''t we replace this game with a mid tier team from the PAC 12 or something along along those lines?

Not sure why you are equating being at a football game and returning to their bus (which is where they are had to go) to being in a dangerous place or bar? The Iowa band was doing exactly what they were supposed to be and doing as well (playing The Iowa fight song). Why are you equating a band playing to calling people pussies and claiming they are ****ing wives?

You might think you aren’t listening to Pollard, but you are totally arguing his case for the scenario that he laid out for you. And that is this band just got what was coming to them, like a guy talking shit at a bar would.

I get the analogy and it makes sense, but sometimes with analogies, one can be wrong and the other can be not as wrong. That's the case with this analogy. Dressing a certain way only makes you hotter. You don't deserve to get raped because you look hot. You never deserve to be raped period. But I will say this. You can put yourself in a position where you're more likely to be raped by making choices. It doesn't make it less bad by the person who raped you. But it can make you think "that was a bad idea".

If you are sitting at a restaurant andsomeone comes up and mugs you, it's wrong of the person who mugged you. If you walk down an alley at night in a bad neighborhood and get mugged, its equally as wrong for the mugger, but maybe you set yourself up for failure a little bit.

As far as discrediting Pollard's story goes, I don't really have an opinion on whether his story is true or not. That's not even the point in this whole he said she said deal. All I did was say my opinion on what I thought IF it was true. I never gave my opinion on if I thought it was nor do I have one. IF it's TRUE, the band set themselves up for failure. They didn't "get what was coming to them". They didn't "deserve it". They set themselves up for failure.
I don't think anyone is disagreeing that if the band went through that exit of its own volition (which may not be the case - screaming facility dude) and march into the crowd would be a less than brilliant move.

Where people are disagreeing is that the (possible) choice to do that in any way lessens the wrongs done by the ISU fans. You think it does. Pollard thinks it does. Most ISU fans thinks it does. Most Hawkeye fans think it does not.

Not sure why you are equating being at a football game and returning to their bus (which is where they are had to go) to being in a dangerous place or bar? The Iowa band was doing exactly what they were supposed to be and doing as well (playing The Iowa fight song). Why are you equating a band playing to calling people pussies and claiming they are ****ing wives?

You might think you aren’t listening to Pollard, but you are totally arguing his case for the scenario that he laid out for you. And that is this band just got what was coming to them, like a guy talking shit at a bar would.

They're called analogies to prove a point. Pollard said they were pretty much instigating. I said don't instigate unless you are prepared for the consequences. I thought that was a pretty standard opinion that most agree with. It doesn't mean that the people who rushed out the consequences were less wrong. It just means it's more understandable how it happened.

Another analogy. I guy kills his wife just for the hell of it. Another guy kills his wife because she murdered their kid. Both were equally bad. But one is a little more understandable.

And for the slow I will spell that out. I'm not comparing playing a fight song to killing a kid. I'm pointing out that modive has some sort of meaning to the story.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that if the band went through that exit of its own volition (which may not be the case - screaming facility dude) and march into the crowd would be a less than brilliant move.

Where people are disagreeing is that the (possible) choice to do that in any way lessens the wrongs done by the ISU fans. You think it does. Pollard thinks it does. Most ISU fans thinks it does. Most Hawkeye fans think it does not.
Your last two sentences proves what I already knew. Most people let stupid shit cloud their judgment. If you choose your side based on which team you follow, you're an idiot.

Last edited:
They're called analogies to prove a point. Pollard said they were pretty much instigating. I said don't instigate unless you are prepared for the consequences. I thought that was a pretty standard opinion that most agree with. It doesn't mean that the people who rushed out the consequences were less wrong. It just means it's more understandable how it happened.

Another analogy. I guy kills his wife just for the hell of it. Another guy kills his wife because she murdered their kid. Both were equally bad. But one is a little more understandable.

And for the slow I will spell that out. I'm not comparing playing a fight song to killing a kid. I'm pointing out that modive has some sort of meaning to the story.

giphy.gif