Dickerson is transferring

Thats okay I was "sick" of him not finishing. I kid I kid. Good luck trey I think you will find a better fit than D1 ball.

According to a thread in the recruiting forums, Iowa has been in on 4 star PG Nick Noskowiak who was recently released from his LOI to Marquette. Hopefully Fran is in on him hard because suddenly Iowa has exactly zero point guards for the 2016 season.

Oh man would that be sweet. Kid is a legit top 100 player. Maybe Fran was up front with Trey and told him they're bringing in another pg in the 2015 class.

Whats curious is now Iowa has 2 more open scholarships and already have 4 players signed. After next season they will have 4 more scholarships available with only one currently spoken for. Dickerson leaving also means Jok is currently the only Sophomore on the roster.

So do you sign 6 players going into next year and then 4 more going into 2016? That seems extremely excessive and a really bloated couple of classes. Fran will probably want to go the JUCO route with at least one of his scholarships

The timing is just hard to understand. We aren't giving his scholarship to anyone before the end of the season. If something happens to Gesell or Clemmons he's immediately in the playing rotation. I guess Jok is the emergency 3rd string PG the rest of the season.

According to a thread in the recruiting forums, Iowa has been in on 4 star PG Nick Noskowiak who was recently released from his LOI to Marquette. Hopefully Fran is in on him hard because suddenly Iowa has exactly zero point guards for the 2016 season.

Hasn't he had depression issues? Not sure Iowa would be a good fit for him, he would probably be better off at a school with a better, less miserable fan base.

Something tells me that the exact same thing might have happened if Ulis came to Iowa.

Not sure if you're serious? Or what the point is you are trying to make? Ulis would be starting, or playing significant minutes as the backup PG.

Hasn't he had depression issues? Not sure Iowa would be a good fit for him, he would probably be better off at a school with a better, less miserable fan base.

I think that was just a rumor because he sounded off on his twitter page saying something about living with an abusive dad or something.

Yep, hopefully Fran is in on a good PG, because we're going to need at least one good PG for the 2016-17 season.

Good luck to Trey - I always felt he had the physical ability to be a good player, he was just stuck on a roster behind other players and likely wasn't going to get a lot of PT, not until his senior year, anyway.

Whats curious is now Iowa has 2 more open scholarships and already have 4 players signed. After next season they will have 4 more scholarships available with only one currently spoken for. Dickerson leaving also means Jok is currently the only Sophomore on the roster.

So do you sign 6 players going into next year and then 4 more going into 2016? That seems extremely excessive and a really bloated couple of classes. Fran will probably want to go the JUCO route with at least one of his scholarships

It would be really nice if he took a couple assistant coaches with him on the way out of town. Iowa may be a tough sell but it's a heck of a lot tougher when the assistants are flat out rotten and lazy when it comes to recruiting.

It would be really nice if he took a couple assistant coaches with him on the way out of town. Iowa may be a tough sell but it's a heck of a lot tougher when the assistants are flat out rotten and lazy when it comes to recruiting.

Where is there proof for such statements? Dillard and Francis have been listed as key recruiters on a lot of the players Fran has gotten.

WTF? Proof?

Where is there proof for such statements? Dillard and Francis have been listed as key recruiters on a lot of the players Fran has gotten.

Who have they got?

Drake turned back on Ellingston. Uhl lol. Please fill me in who they have landed. All I've seen are scraps nobody else wanted. Ulis would have been a monster had Kentucky not come in and Fran busted his butt on that kid.

Obviously Dickerson was a fall back. JUCOS are a crap shoot but I would still want to know what was available in my state and would be tied in with coaching staffs. Oklahoma, ISU and a lot of others have prospered by some good Iowa JUCOs,

Indian Hills is 90 minutes from Iowa City. Coaches from all over the country stop by. The arrogant staff at Iowa doesn't have time. That's not on Fran that's his assistants. Iowa Western same situation. I've personally known other D1 high school kids that the staff hasn't put the time in with. LAZY or bad. I'll give um the benefit of the doubt and settle with lazy.

Latest posts