DC PF Luka Garza Officially Visiting This Weekend

Louisville Classes:
2016 - 1 five star
2015 - 3 four star and 1 three star
2014 - 4 4 stars and 2 two stars

I don't see a single sign that Iowa is going to be better than them the next four years

Louisville Classes:
2016 - 1 five star
2015 - 3 four star and 1 three star
2014 - 4 4 stars and 2 two stars

I don't see a single sign that Iowa is going to be better than them the next four years

2010 - 3 four star
2011 - 4 four star & 2 three star
2013 - 3 four star & 2 three star
2014 - 1 four star & 1 three star
2015 - 2 four star & 2 three star

Iowa has been better than Illinois for the past 4 years even though "recruiting rankings" say they shouldn't be.

I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa is more successful than Louisville over the 4 years where Luca is in school. Or at least as successful.

I would be very surprised. Pitino is an elite coach and their last four NCAA tournament appearances went:

Final Four
NCAA Champions
Sweet 16
Elite Eight

Louisville also could recruit over top of him in July. Shoot, Iowa might end up going in a different directions. As of now, we only have one scholarship oen for '17. Lots of crazy things happen this coming month

You are thinking of 10 years ago when Center were 6'10 and taller. Now 90% of the kids he will go up against won't be taller than him. The game has changed, gone are the days where everyone had a 6'10 + center.
Most BIG teams have REAL athletes on their rosters that are 6'9 and taller. Look at last year's BIG rosters.
Off the top of my head, besides Purdue who is gonna trot out someone taller than 6'10" at center?

I don't understand why this is still a conversation for some. A 6'9 or 6'10 kid who is big enough physically to bang is plenty big in today's game to man the inside post positions.
What? Almost every BIG team had a starter that was 6'9 or taller. Most BIG teams had 2 guys 6'9 or taller, that were contributors. 6'9 to 7' REAL athletes. Bryant, Hammond's, Carter, Davis, Haas,
You are thinking of 10 years ago when Center were 6'10 and taller. Now 90% of the kids he will go up against won't be taller than him. The game has changed, gone are the days where everyone had a 6'10 + center.

Off the top of my head, besides Purdue who is gonna trot out someone taller than 6'10" at center?

I don't understand why this is still a conversation for some. A 6'9 or 6'10 kid who is big enough physically to bang is plenty big in today's game to man the inside post positions.

What? Almost every BIG team had a starter that was 6'9 or taller. Most BIG teams had 2 guys 6'9 or taller, that were contributors. 6'9 to 7' REAL athletes. Bryant, Hammond's, Carter, Davis, Haas,

6'9 is a far cry from 7'. The game is trending to 6'9 and 6'10 centers being the norm. Like I said Purdue is the only team with a returning kid who is over 6'10 that I can think of. As I said, 90% of the post that Kriener will play against will be his height or shorter (6'10").

2010 - 3 four star
2011 - 4 four star & 2 three star
2013 - 3 four star & 2 three star
2014 - 1 four star & 1 three star
2015 - 2 four star & 2 three star

Iowa has been better than Illinois for the past 4 years even though "recruiting rankings" say they shouldn't be.

Understandable but Pitino actually produces with his recruits. Louisville and Illinois shouldn't even be in the same sentence.

6'9 is a far cry from 7'. The game is trending to 6'9 and 6'10 centers being the norm. Like I said Purdue is the only team with a returning kid who is over 6'10 that I can think of. As I said, 90% of the post that Kriener will play against will be his height or shorter (6'10").
Kriener isn't flat footed. Garza is. And I said " 6'10 and flat footed is fine if you are playing against guys 4 or 5 inches shorter than he is" . Which would put the other post players at 6'5 or 6'6. Garza will be facing a steady BIG diet of 6'9 - 7' post defenders that are real athletes. Not flat footed. He'll get abused in conference play. IMO.

Is being "flat footed" a permanent state or can someone be coached up to no longer be flat footed? Not so sure Garza would be abused in conference play with some seasoning from Fran. He looks more athletic than Woodbury and Woody usually held his own in conference play.

Kriener isn't flat footed. Garza is. And I said " 6'10 and flat footed is fine if you are playing against guys 4 or 5 inches shorter than he is" . Which would put the other post players at 6'5 or 6'6. Garza will be facing a steady BIG diet of 6'9 - 7' post defenders that are real athletes. Not flat footed. He'll get abused in conference play. IMO.

If that is the case, is this not something a coaching staff may be able to develop over his career? Unless I'm misunderstanding, this would be more about technique than a physical problem. I mean, most people thought Woody was a terrible athlete, but he made all the difference in the world on the defensive end.

Is being "flat footed" a permanent state or can someone be coached up to no longer be flat footed? Not so sure Garza would be abused in conference play with some seasoning from Fran. He looks more athletic than Woodbury and Woody usually held his own in conference play.

Heh, beat me to it.

Not that I know of. You can't develop an arch like you can a muscle group. It's the bone in your foot.

When I teed off in golf, I was flat-footed and was hooking the ball all the time. Someone gave me a tip to not stand flat footed and from that point on, I usually put them in the fairway. From that context, being flat-footed is fixable.

Louisville also could recruit over top of him in July. Shoot, Iowa might end up going in a different directions. As of now, we only have one scholarship oen for '17. Lots of crazy things happen this coming month

I thought I had read that Luka wanted to have a decision made by the beginning of July. Anyone else remember seeing that?

Decision now delayed until Fall sometime as late offers have changed announcement plans. As of a couple days ago he still mentions Iowa as a contender but is also returning to Louisville for a second visit. More visits still ahead for his calendar.

Decision now delayed until Fall sometime as late offers have changed announcement plans. As of a couple days ago he still mentions Iowa as a contender but is also returning to Louisville for a second visit. More visits still ahead for his calendar.
Almost makes you wonder what he's waiting for. Already has a Loisville offer. About the only thing you could be waiting for is to see if Duke, UNC or Kansas come calling. Not looking good for Hawkeyes at this point.

When I teed off in golf, I was flat-footed and was hooking the ball all the time. Someone gave me a tip to not stand flat footed and from that point on, I usually put them in the fairway. From that context, being flat-footed is fixable.
Dont confuse standing flat footed to being flat footed. Everyone with a high arch can stand flat footed. It simply means you are resting your heel on the ground. A flat footed person does every thing flat footed. They stand flat footed. They run flat footed. They don't have the arch to move on the balls of their feet.
You aren't this ignorant. Are you?

Almost makes you wonder what he's waiting for. Already has a Loisville offer. About the only thing you could be waiting for is to see if Duke, UNC or Kansas come calling. Not looking good for Hawkeyes at this point.
I hope he picks Louisville.

Latest posts