Convince me we can beat the Zags

Good shooting, tough defense Iowa has a very good chance.

Bad shoiting, careless turnover Iowa will struggle.

Woody and Gabe don't need to score much, but they need to play tough defense and win the boards. Jok, Uthoff, and White will win this game if they shoot well.

Go Hawks.

Zags haven't seen a team as long and athletic as Iowa since they played Zona early in the season. Zags are bad and slow on D besides Bell. Olaseni should run circles around their big guy. White and Uthoff should run circles around Wiltjer who is skilled but very unathletic. Keep zags out of the paint and off the boards and don't let Pangos shoot. If Iowa played like they did last night they should win by 10. Zags are just another mid major that benefits from a week schedule. They're good but not any better then a team like Maryland.

Based on their performance last night, they are not a FF team. Not sure if they were just having an off night or not, but if they weren't they are VERY beatable for you guys, and i'd think the way you guys are constructed you match up pretty well.

Playing in their back yard and, as a fellow P5 fan, you know it is NOT easy to "figure" teams from non-P5.

We could win by 20, but may well lose by 10.

Ironically, the comment was made and qualified by virtue of your team's loss. So SOMEone had ISU going pretty far, not just ISU fans/hopefuls.

Gonzaga is hitting over 52% of their FGs and over 40% of their 3-pt. attempts. I've seen about 3 of their games this year, and I would definitely rank them as a Top 5 team in the country. Like Iowa, they go about 9 deep. They share the ball well and average 16 assists per game. They have 4 players averaging double figures. They play smart, especially their PG who has an A/T ratio of almost 4 and hits 44.4% of his 3-pt. attempts. He hits a lot of 3-pointers in crunch time.

This will be a huge challenge for Iowa

The good news is that Gonzaga has a huge challenge themselves when they see all those long Iowa guys in their faces.

I'm feeling a little bit better than Friday night when I posted this but I think some people undevaule the Zags because of their schedule. I'm also concerned that we played pretty darn well Friday... Can we repeat that type of performance??

I don't think we'll win but I'm so pumped right now. I'm not sure what I would have said to you if you told me that Iowa would be a win away from a sweet 16 birth after the New York City trip.

I'm feeling a little bit better than Friday night when I posted this but I think some people undevaule the Zags because of their schedule. I'm also concerned that we played pretty darn well Friday... Can we repeat that type of performance??

I doubt we'll repeat it but if Iowa can hit some open jumpers and bother them with our size, both possible, we can beat them.

Gonzaga will be making a mistake if they underestimate us.

I was just thinking Duke is the team that always beats Iowa. Therefore, this is how Iowa will beat the Zags: Fate.

Convinced now?

Who has Gonzaga beat this year? SMU and BYU are their biggest wins. They lost to AZ in overtime earlier in the year. Outside of that they really haven't been tested. I don't think they like to get pushed around I think alot will come down to how this game is officiated. If we can get to the line get a player or two of theirs in foul trouble I like our chances. People seem to think that Davidsons poor showing was more of an off night by them then our D. If the combo of our length and quickness does what I think it will they won't shoot well either.

I was convinced until I just saw BPI give Gonzaga a 82% chance of winning.

I'd give Kenpom more weight than BPI.

That being said it's not a lot better: Projected Score: Iowa 67 (34%), Gonzaga 71 (66%)

I still for some reason feel as I did about the Davidson game. Not terribly concerned. My last big fear that we won't do well was Penn State/NW games, though maybe I just worry about Iowa overlooking underrated teams.

Hoping and cheering for the good guys, but not foolish enough to expect anything. Play like Friday and we have a shot. Anything less than that kind of effort and it could get ugly. Still have the ability to play better (Uthoff and Woody have had better games). Starting to get excited! Go Hawks!

Latest posts