Convince me we can beat the Zags

I think Uthoff and White are tough matchups for Wiltjer and Sabonis. Wiltjer doesn't seem to move his feet very well and will struggle to guard either IMO. Wiltjer will struggle IMO to score against someone like Uthoff, who can contest his shots and stay in front of him. I think that Sabonis is too slow to guard White and I see him getting in foul trouble. As we can see from the NDSU game, 4's that can handle the ball and attack give their slower big men problems.

The two keys to this game
1. Guards need to be able to make some tough shots
2. Limiting Karnowski by wearing him down with pace or getting him in foul trouble.

The announcer just said it will be a long night for them against Iowa if we play like we did tonight. The other guy said you have them in your Final Four and he said he might have to revise that.

I just don't see us pulling off this upset.

Wanting somebody to make me feel better about the matchup.

How about the fact that Gonzaga has only made it out of the first weekend of the tournament once since 2007? They made their name in the tourney with their five-year run starting in 1999. Since 2004 they have only gotten tot the Sweet 16 twice.

Think of them this way. If they played in the Big Ten, I don't think they would have beaten out Maryland for second place. So, in reality, they are not any better than us.

We have to get them in a transition game and wear down their bigs...no way Karnelephant is going to run with Gabe and Woody all night. They have size...but if Uthoff and White can hit some outside shots early in this game...then those bigs need to venture out of the paint and Whitey and Uthoff can start taking them off the dribble...and creating. I'd put White and Uthoff up top and overload one side of the floor if they are in man. Give them some space with Sabonis trying to guard one of them...and watch them create.

The hawks are confident and if they shoot well again that is the key as they have been playing pretty good dee.

The only team preventing Gonzaga from being the most overrated team in the tournament was Iowa State. Unless the Hawks sleep walk through this game they got this one handled.

If both teams play like they did tonight Sunday, it could potentially be one of the greatest games in NCAA history.. The box score lines for Iowa and Gonzaga tonight are damn near identical.. Only difference is North Dakota State Played much Better and hit shots while Davidson really struggled and credit Iowa for some of that they really smothered Davidson..

See a pattern?

Gonzaga NCAA Tournament results since 2010.
201027–7#8Round of 64
Round of 32
#9 Florida State
#1 Syracuse
W 67–60
L 87–65
201125–10#11Round of 64
Round of 32
#6 St. John's
#3 BYU
W 86–71
L 89–67
201226–7#7Round of 64
Round of 32
#10 West Virginia
#2 Ohio State
W 77–54
L 73–66
201332–3#1Round of 64
Round of 32
#16 Southern
#9 Wichita State
W 64–58
L 76–70
201429–7#8Round of 64
Round of 32
#9 Oklahoma State
#1 Arizona
W 85–77
L 84–61
201533-2#2Round of 64
Round of 32
#15 North Dakota State
#7 Iowa
W 86–76
TBD

Convince me Zags can beat Iowa.

I'm trying to figure it out myself.

attachment.php

One of the TV talking heads picks them for the Final Four, so there's that...

Based on their performance last night, they are not a FF team. Not sure if they were just having an off night or not, but if they weren't they are VERY beatable for you guys, and i'd think the way you guys are constructed you match up pretty well.

We cant afford to have an off night against them. Thats for sure. I dont care how many times they have lost their second round games. We just won our first NCAA game in 14 years. Im sure they believe it is of some advantage to their team.

We play like last night, Hawks by 7, movin on, flash back to 1980 (now, I'm not sayin Final Four, but last night the kids were having fun, playing loose, and White was a true leader.....Tomorrow's game will be fun to watch, we have to have the same demeanor, tough "D", push the ball, rebound better than they do, and send Few home, once again

Based on their performance last night, they are not a FF team. Not sure if they were just having an off night or not, but if they weren't they are VERY beatable for you guys, and i'd think the way you guys are constructed you match up pretty well.

Idk....heck they shot well over 50%. Maybe their game last night IS them at their best?

Latest posts