Compare Resumes: Iowa and ISU

Yeah. Iowa state sure wouldn't know anything about bad losses on the road, that's for sure.

That is very true. Texas Tech, Texas, and Iowa are our three, and you have three too. But we have some more solid wins and as far as in-conference play goes, we've now without any argument done better than Iowa has.

Those are some excellent points

Iowa beat Iowa State head to head and played in a much tougher conference. It is very difficult to state without question who was the better team this year. Right now... because of the loss to Nebraska today, I would lean towards Iowa State. It is that close, that one game can make or break the choice. If Iowa wins at Indiana and Iowa State loses a game... Iowa would go back to being ahead. I do know that Iowa is the worst team in the nation with under a minute to play in a game. I would love to see that stat. The last minute has cost Iowa an awesome season. The uncanny ability for teams to nail off balance in your face 3 pt shots in the closing seconds has just been unreal. Those teams miss those shots... Iowa is Top 25.

Iowa beat Iowa State head to head and played in a much tougher conference. It is very difficult to state without question who was the better team this year. Right now... because of the loss to Nebraska today, I would lean towards Iowa State. It is that close, that one game can make or break the choice. If Iowa wins at Indiana and Iowa State loses a game... Iowa would go back to being ahead. I do know that Iowa is the worst team in the nation with under a minute to play in a game. I would love to see that stat. The last minute has cost Iowa an awesome season. The uncanny ability for teams to nail off balance in your face 3 pt shots in the closing seconds has just been unreal. Those teams miss those shots... Iowa is Top 25.

ISU is in that same boat too. at Kansas, and I think 2 others. Oklahoma St, and Texas?
Basketball more than any other sport is home court dominated. Until tournament time, its tough to even say because of one team's win over another, they are for sure the better team. Just a couple weeks ago, TCU beat KU and TTU beat ISU. Looking at the results of those games on a different court today and there's no question who the better team is.

and if KU, OSU, and Texas miss those shot, not only is ISU a top 25 team, but they're winning their conference outright. you can play what if all you want, but it doesn't mean jack.

ISU is the better team this year. Iowa beat ISU based on one factor: the game was played at carver and not hilton. Iowa's resume doesn't come close to ISU's anymore, just look at every single projection going forward after today.

Is Iowa even on the NIT bubble anymore?

ISU has had some last minute heartbreaks as well.

ISU has had some last minute heartbreaks as well.

True but we all know that the B1G is the greatest toughest conference of all time. Nebraska would be undefeated if they played in the big12. The Ncaa should just make the B1G tourney champ the national champ.

ISU is in that same boat too. at Kansas, and I think 2 others. Oklahoma St, and Texas?
Basketball more than any other sport is home court dominated. Until tournament time, its tough to even say because of one team's win over another, they are for sure the better team. Just a couple weeks ago, TCU beat KU and TTU beat ISU. Looking at the results of those games on a different court today and there's no question who the better team is.

Case closed..
Iowa no longer has an NCAA tourney resume'.
Only chance they have is to win out and that includes a win at Indiana or winning the BIG tourney. I have a better chance of starting next year for the Lakers than Iowa has winning in Bloomington or winning the conference tourney.

We'd have to win out or win the tourney which isn't going to happen. ISU needs two more wins and theyre in. We beat them head to head but anybody that knows anything about basketball can tell you theyre a significantly better team. Next year holds high hopes for us and ISU will be rebuilding so heres to hoping for an NIT run.

Clones are the better team (at least on paper, and that's all that matters, since they won't face each other in the tournament) this year. Iowa can't finish. Hope it's a youth thing.

We'll be improved next year. And the clones will have either youth or transfers.

Of course, some year, Iowa will be the better team (see also: every football season except 2012) and might lose. At that time, I'll remember this discussion, but will understand if clones fans THEN put more emphasis on head to head.

Iowa State will be in the same boat iowa is this year, especially now that jones is ineligible. Tons of youth in the backcourt, front court solid.

We'd have to win out or win the tourney which isn't going to happen. ISU needs two more wins and theyre in. We beat them head to head but anybody that knows anything about basketball can tell you theyre a significantly better team. Next year holds high hopes for us and ISU will be rebuilding so heres to hoping for an NIT run.

and... it's not really head to head playing @ Carver. True head to head would be on nuetral court. These teams are good enough that they when they play each other they should always win the home pairing.

Iowa State will most likely go 2-2 in their last four games: Kansas; @Oklahoma; Oklahoma St; @West Virginia. Given locations of games, there are no bad losses, but chances to fully notch a tournament bid and improve seeding for the Big 12 and NCAA Tournament.

Iowa needs to win out in conference play and get 2-3 wins in Indianapolis.

and if KU, OSU, and Texas miss those shot, not only is ISU a top 25 team, but they're winning their conference outright. you can play what if all you want, but it doesn't mean jack.

ISU is the better team this year. Iowa beat ISU based on one factor: the game was played at carver and not hilton. Iowa's resume doesn't come close to ISU's anymore, just look at every single projection going forward after today.

Is Iowa even on the NIT bubble anymore?

So what if it was played at Carver? The only part of that game that wasn't dominated by Iowa was the final 5 minutes of the first half. That game was a whitewashing. Would it happen again; probably not but they only play once and the one time they played Iowa kicked the **** out of them.

ISU is an average team that plays in a below average league.

So what if it was played at Carver? The only part of that game that wasn't dominated by Iowa was the final 5 minutes of the first half. That game was a whitewashing. Would it happen again; probably not but they only play once and the one time they played Iowa kicked the **** out of them.

ISU is an average team that plays in a below average league.

Winning by less than 10 is a whitewashing? Kicked the "blankety-blank" out of them? You need to watch some non-Big 10 games, son...

ISU will be raw at the start of the year next year, for sure...but they have 2 top 100 players coming in and some very good JuCo bigs. Yes, I know, Iowa has Jok and Uthoff, so maybe that's a wash...(not whitewash though). Say what you want about Hoiberg's strategy, but he's getting good high school talent now and is just using the Juco/transfer ranks to fill the gaps until the recruiting machine is self-sustaining...after this summer I'd bet they've got a few more big-name recruits committed to ISU.

It's a fun time in Iowa - both programs are coming back to life - one is clearly ahead of the curve, but at least it's not so one-sided any longer.

Latest posts