Compare Resumes: Iowa and ISU

Right - Kansas would finish fourth in the Big Ten. It's not like they've won 11 of their last 12 regular season conference titles and made the NCAA tourney every single year since 1983 (their highest seed being an 8 I might add). They aren't a prideful program at all though and they have a terrible home court advantage. Pencil them in for fourth though you're right!

I would take Michigan, Michigan St and Indiana over Kansas this season. 'Pride' has nothing to do with how good a team is kiddo. Kentucky has a rich history too. Pretty sure they're fairly fresh off a NC. How's that working for them this year? Kansas has already been beaten by a godawful TCU team (and MSU for that matter), they aren't as good as they've been in previous years. It's ok to admit it, the B12 is down this year. Every conference has down seasons. This is not a down season for the B10.

lulz I used to hear this excuse during foosball saison. Way back when.
I'm being totally honest. I would trade a loss to the Hawks for making the Dance any time. And I suspect any sensible Hawk fan would do the same if the situation were reversed. Granted, I would love both, but the ultimate goal is to make the Dance, not win a non-con game in December.

I'm being totally honest. I would trade a loss to the Hawks for making the Dance any time. And I suspect any sensible Hawk fan would do the same if the situation were reversed. Granted, I would love both, but the ultimate goal is to make the Dance, not win a non-con game in December.

I don't think you are understanding my point.

I would take Michigan, Michigan St and Indiana over Kansas this season. 'Pride' has nothing to do with how good a team is kiddo. Kentucky has a rich history too. Pretty sure they're fairly fresh off a NC. How's that working for them this year? Kansas has already been beaten by a godawful TCU team (and MSU for that matter), they aren't as good as they've been in previous years. It's ok to admit it, the B12 is down this year. Every conference has down seasons. This is not a down season for the B10.

Winning becomes a habit there, kiddo. I would take a senior-laden KU squad that expects to win championships over both Michigan and Michigan State. Don't play the game of Team A beat Team B the second game of the year so they're better. We can go round and round all day long. KU went into Colombus, OH and rolled the Buckeyes. Something neither Mich or Mich St. could achieve. I think Indiana is clearly the best team. After that that I'd go Kansas, Michigan, and K-State and Michigan State fighting for fourth.

And how is Kentucky doing? Well on a team full of freshman they are 2nd in the SEC to what many consider the best team in the country in Florida. Before their star player and consensus #1 overall draft pick injured his knee many considered them a dangerous team in the tourney. So...I guess I would say it was going pretty dang well for them. Injuries happen and that's tough. What's your point? Can't win the national title every single year, kiddo!

Winning becomes a habit there, kiddo. I would take a senior-laden KU squad that expects to win championships over both Michigan and Michigan State. Don't play the game of Team A beat Team B the second game of the year so they're better. We can go round and round all day long. KU went into Colombus, OH and rolled the Buckeyes. Something neither Mich or Mich St. could achieve. I think Indiana is clearly the best team. After that that I'd go Kansas, Michigan, and K-State and Michigan State fighting for fourth.

And how is Kentucky doing? Well on a team full of freshman they are 2nd in the SEC to what many consider the best team in the country in Florida. Before their star player and consensus #1 overall draft pick injured his knee many considered them a dangerous team in the tourney. So...I guess I would say it was going pretty dang well for them. Injuries happen and that's tough. What's your point? Can't win the national title every single year, kiddo!

If Kansas was as good as you imply, they would run the table in the weak B12. Not only have they failed to do that, they lost to the weakest team in the conference. Bill Self called them "the worst team Kansas has ever put on the floor." They are not as good this year as they've been in the past.

You yourself said you think Mich St is the worst of the 3 teams, yet that team already beat Kansas straight up. Just because you 'expect to win championships' doesn't mean you're going to do so.

If Kansas was as good as you imply, they would run the table in the weak B12. Not only have they failed to do that, they lost to the weakest team in the conference. Bill Self called them "the worst team Kansas has ever put on the floor." They are not as good this year as they've been in the past.

You yourself said you think Mich St is the worst of the 3 teams, yet that team already beat Kansas straight up. Just because you 'expect to win championships' doesn't mean you're going to do so.

Haha KU isn't as good as they've been in the past? They're ranked sixth in the country for crying out loud. Sorry they're an outside chance at a #1 seed instead of a lock for one this year. Wow! Indiana sure is flawless too. Lost to Wisky at home (who literally scores 40 points a game) and Illinois (who got throttled by NW at home - wow that's horrid) and Butler.

Do yourself a favor, turn the TV to ESPN and take in some real basketball. I'm out.

Sorry Hawk fans trying to find excuses for why their basketball program has been in the dumpster for the last decade.

Haha KU isn't as good as they've been in the past? They're ranked sixth in the country for crying out loud. Sorry they're an outside chance at a #1 seed instead of a lock for one this year. Wow! Indiana sure is flawless too. Lost to Wisky at home (who literally scores 40 points a game) and Illinois (who got throttled by NW at home - wow that's horrid) and Butler.

Do yourself a favor, turn the TV to ESPN and take in some real basketball. I'm out.

Sorry Hawk fans trying to find excuses for why their basketball program has been in the dumpster for the last decade.

Well gollee gee, fer da cryin out loudz, da b12 is da best conference eva.

I'm glad you are actually able to read there, slick. Yes, Kansas isn't as good as they've been in the past. Here's a trivia question for you. When was the last time they have lost more than 2 conference games? You should know this if you know as much about the B12 as you think you do. Try turning on some games outside the B12 and watching some other games for a change. You might be surprised what you see.

Last edited:
The Big 12, for the most part, is Kansas and then nobody. If ever a league depended on one team to carry its' banner, it is the Big 12.

Since 1979: (as far as the NCAA site had records for)
Big 10 final 4 teams:23
Big 8/12: 12 (8 of the 12 by Kansas.)

Big 10 has been represented by Iowa, MSU, Mich. Indiana, Purdue, Ohio St. Wisc., Ill, Minnesota, and Indiana. That is 10 teams.
Big 12 has been represented by Kansas, Oklahoma and Okie State.

Year in and year out, the BIG is a better league. Kansas has a great program but no way in hell do they win 9 consecutive titles in the Big 10.

As far as programs in the dumpster???
Since the 2001/2002 season, Iowa has one NCAA tourney win, and an overall winning % of 50.8%
ISU has 2 NCAA tourney wins and an overall winning % of 53.3%.

Seems ISU is right there in the dumpster with the Hawks.

BlubberHawk - Why in the world is the 2001/2002 season the cut off point? Strange year to pick. Maybe because ISU won three regular season conference championships in 1996, 2000 and 2001 and had three All-Americans during that time? That sound right? #5, #2 and #2 seeds in the tournament respectively. Also an elite 8 appearance. Yeah though let's just cut those years out!

1979 is the last time you've been on top of the conference! 33 years. Sorry to break it to ya but there isn't one coming any time soon either. I'm going to venture a guess you've never seen the Hawks win a conference title. I'll give you credit that is a loyal fan right there. Hard to support a program that hasn't accomplished much of anything in three decades. Hey though it's okay though continue to live off the accomplishments of your Big Ten "rivals."

Latest posts