Commitment Imminent?--Peter Jok?

Looks like a Glen Worley starter kit to me.

I agree with the Worley comparison. While Worley had the potential to play inside, he played outside. He had slow feet but could point up and shoot with about anyone.

If Jok doesn't commit our basketball staff are morons...why would we shut down recruiting all these other players if it wasn't a sure thing.....

If it is Jok I would be more worried about his heart and toughness than his injuries, just based off one conversation I have had.

Agreed. Interned with someone who was very close to him who said he let the positive attention get to his head. Kind of let off the gas in terms of training and was pushed too hard, causing his knees to give out.

Hawkstrat, we all have sources we trust. You trust a recruiting expert named Jerry Meyer (who, frankly, I've never heard of) and I trust coaching expert Fran Mccaffery. I guess in the long run, we'll see who has the better source.

This is the key. It's a one man class, and if you strike out with Matthews then what? Jok has a high ceiling if he gets healthy. Fran has a really good core and if Jok turns into something great, then he has something, if not, well it is one guy and we move on. But really, can he be any worse than what Lick was bringing in. If this was Lick we'd be jumping for joy even if they amputated one of Jok's legs

LOL, good point.

Nothing could be worse than the likes of what Lick was bringing in.

To the extent that Glen Worley also played basketball, I suppose.

Their games are totally different. Jok is a perimeter player who can create his own shot with his handle, his strength and his athleticism. Worley had phenomenal length which allowed him rebound and shoot over defenders. He was not athletic, had below-average strength and he did not possess the skills to create opportunities for himself.

I'm not saying Jok will be an all-american right out of the gate, but the Worley comparison is poor. I'll go with...Joey Range.

Minus the gut?

Joey Rang wasn't much of an outside shooter either.

Watching Matthews' video, I have to question whether this is about a player being expected to commit or if the coaches just finally looked at his shot and thought, we already have two kids in the backcourt who will play D and don't shoot the ball particularly well. Do we need another? If at any point you had Matthews, Ingram, and Clemons on the court together, you would be totally reliant on post scoring or break always on steals.

Or penetration which is where Iowa is lacking probably as much as outside shooting.

I always prefer scorers to shooters myself and would have preferred Mathews.

Hard to get good penetration in a half court set without the threat of an outside shot these days. Hence, why I said transition points of of turnovers.

Hard to get good penetration in a half court set without the threat of an outside shot these days. Hence, why I said transition points of of turnovers.

If you are just awful and the defender can back off 5 feet than yeah, but all of those guys have a shot that you have to atleast respect from 17 feet.

If you are just awful and the defender can back off 5 feet than yeah, but all of those guys have a shot that you have to atleast respect from 17 feet.

Have you seen both Clemons and Ingram shoot? There is definitely a scorer over shooter thing there. Seriously, a Matthews, Clemons, Ingram backcourt and wing would be like watching this year's version of the Memphis Grizzlies.

Latest posts