Commitment Imminent?--Peter Jok?

@ Hawkstrat:

I don't follow your statement that he's not athletic? Why because he doesn't hammer jam? What makes him unathletic? Seems like he can probably chew gum and walk at the same time? Why do you say this and what is your expertise?

Basketball players miss bunny all the times so pass on them all of them!!!!!!!! Gee whiz

This bunny isn't going to miss, Atomic.....

coloriagebugsbunnybasket-458x576.gif

:)

This is such a stupid tactic of debate.

I think Jok will eventually become a tall shooter off the bench, others are claiming he is more athletic than that. They are wrong.

Right. He has no athletic abilities at all. That's exactly why McCaffery is recruiting him to run his uptempo system. Bring in the slowest guys and the defense will be so confused they won't guard anyone. Its genius.

Jok looks slick to me, a natural shooter who can create his own space and get his shot off with accuracy. He is certainly athletic and could fit in with the team very well. I trust Fran's judgement and the players he has chosen have proved it, from the desperation of his first Summer in IC trying to get anyone to play for the Hawkeyes. Look what he has done in two years. I trust him implicitly......

Last edited:
Wrong! He missed the bunny about the 2:00 mark before getting the put back. That worries me! We can't having guys missing those shots, better pass on him.

I went back and watched it and he was clearly passing it to himself. Probably just showing off a little... kid has skills!

Jok looks slick to me, a natural shooter who can create his own space and get his shot off with accuracy. He is certainly athletic and could fit in with the team very well. I trust Fran's judgement and the players he has chosen have proved it, for the desperation of his first Summer in IC trying to get anyone to play for the Hawkeyes. Look what he has done in two years. I trust him implicitly......

I agree Jack. What some see as "lethargic", I see as smooth. He obviously has a great shot and I think another year will do wonders for his knee. I'm excited about him becoming a Hawkeye... hope it happens.

With the "risk-reward" approach...the reward (upside) is huge. I think you have to accept the risk, especially with an in-state kid. If Jok were to go somewhere else, and turn out to be the great player he was once thought... that would hurt. We've had enough of that.

I expect Peter Jok to be a star. And with all the depth we have, the pressure on him coming in, is much less than it might be.

I expect nothing.

As a result, I'm happy nearly all the time.

I thank Lickliter. He changed my life.

He isn't athletic, the hope is he can become athletic, but he isn't there yet.

You are describing a player you wish existed, but certainly not Jok. He is a shooter. I asked one of the national scouts- Jerry Meyer (I don't recall if he works for Rivals or Scout) on twitter what he thought of Jok, he basically said marginal player but good shooter.

He's got a decent enough handle to freeze defenders for a fade-away that's in a whole other zip code than Worley's repertoire. That was my only point, and I stand by that.

well if we get JOK,and do something in the next 3/4 years, it'll be one of the heaviest homegrown quality player teams since ....? Horner, Haluska, Brunner,Worley......Great iowa kids, but under acheived. maybe these guys can take it to the next level

So far Fran has proven that he is a better judge of talent than both Alford and Lick. I trust him and if Horner thinks he can play in the Big Ten than great news for the Hawks! Fran has done a great job of keeping the local talent at home.

I'd like to hear Jeff's thoughts on the situation. Of course he isn't going to throw his own player under the bus, but I'm curious if Fran and Jeff have really talked about Jok.

ISU withdrew their offer I believe based on what they have seen since his injuries. I'm not sold that he will ever be the same player again. Nice shot but lacks athleticism.

I'd like to hear Jeff's thoughts on the situation. Of course he isn't going to throw his own player under the bus, but I'm curious if Fran and Jeff have really talked about Jok.

ISU withdrew their offer I believe based on what they have seen since his injuries. I'm not sold that he will ever be the same player again. Nice shot but lacks athleticism.

So what are you're thoughts on Fran?

Latest posts