Commitment Imminent?--Peter Jok?

[video=youtube;rN8HOAFPLNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN8HOAFPLNI[/video]Video just added yesterday (9/18).

It says this video was just added yesterday. I'm assuming it was made on a recent visit. It's obvious that Jok's shooting is better than Matthews or Price. His explosiveness isn't as good as Matthews. But it's better than it was earlier this summer which was better than last year. That progression could be what Fran was looking for before pulling the trigger.

Looking back at some of the videos from 7 months to a year ago and comparing them to the most recent video and those that have been posted within the last couple months I think it is pretty clear that his bounce is coming back. After all of the issues he's had it is going to take some time for him to gain confidence in his body even if he is 100%. Another thing I noticed is that he looks to be in better shape than he was in the spring, which means he has, at the very least, been healthy enough to play a lot of basketball over the summer. If he can get through his senior year at 100%, then that will be a big step forward.

To me, this team needs more shooters from beyond the arc. It's hard to want to recruit someone who is one dimensional in that all they bring is sharp shooting skills, but you need that. At worst, I think Jok improves the team in this regard. I think it's worth one of your 13 rides to bring someone in whom people have raved about his shooting for a number of years. Then after that, anything else you get is a bonus.

I agree with this. As long as that offer doesn't go to Bowinkle

Jok's misfortunes on the injury front could end up being a huge blessing in disguise for the Iowa program. Without the injuries maybe Iowa doesn't have as much of a chance to land him. Like others have said, worst case he is a sharpshooter, best case he regains his bounce and explosiveness.

Having just spoken with someone who is in the know, Fran feels very comfortable with Jok's health and his potential to get that bounce back. Jok showed some of the old flash this summer, but it was not the consistently. Two months later that bounce has been more consistent in his game..which is not uncommon for someone who is getting healthier. Fran is sold on him. I would guess Jok verbals this weekend or early next week.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty pumped about this. I also love all the Iowa talent that will be on our team. "Locking up the boarders" just like Fran said he was going to do.

Having just spoken with someone who is in the know, Fran feels very comfortable with Jok's health and his potential to get that bounce back. Jok showed some of the old flash this summer, but it was not the consistently. Two months later that bounce has been more consistent in his game..which is not uncommon for someone who is getting healthier. Fran is sold on him. I would guess Jok verbals this weekend or early next week.

What a steal this would be if he could get back to his old self. I love the direction of our program right now!

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty pumped about this. I also love all the Iowa talent that will be on our team. "Locking up the boarders" just like Fran said he was going to do.

Not so fast mah friend...

998164.jpg

Locking down the borders is a stupid notion. As the Iowa program improves, they will have a better chance at recruiting elite Iowa players, but it's never going to be a given, and they will never land all of them.

I'm not excited about Jok, he looks downright slow and nonathletic. To this people will reply by showing me a ranking of Jok when he was about 12, since then he has been hampered with injuries and unable to develop.

I actually found this recent video making the rounds to be quite encouraging. As others have mentioned, compared to the other available videos of him, IMHO, he looks much more aggressive and explosive in his movement. Last night, I actually got notciably excited when I saw that violent step back jumper. I hadn't seen any movement like that from him previously. That added to some of his other flashes, plus my/our trust in Fran. I am quickly becoming a believer and am coming down with a serious case of Jok-itch!

It'll be a fun story to follow, he'll be easy to root for.

I'm not excited about Jok, he looks downright slow and nonathletic. To this people will reply by showing me a ranking of Jok when he was about 12, since then he has been hampered with injuries and unable to develop.

Clearly you know more than Fran. You better send him an email before he makes a HUGE mistake!

Locking down the borders is a stupid notion. As the Iowa program improves, they will have a better chance at recruiting elite Iowa players, but it's never going to be a given, and they will never land all of them.

If he was faster and more athletic we'd have much less chance of getting him. We'd be seeing our friend Roy coming up here again like the Grim basketball Reaper that he is. Fran's rolling the dice a bit that he verbals and then gets some of that explosiveness back by '13. I'm down with it, and that's no Jok.

Latest posts