Commitment Imminent?--Peter Jok?

It will be interesting to see who becomes the better player once they reach the collegiate level.....Jok, Jeremy Morgan or Dondre Alexander? (Still a chance Dondre might play D1 football)

I'm excited about Jok but think Morgan has a huge upside and that he was a major steal for UNI.

How do you pronounce his name? Like Joke or Jock? I,m not trying to be funny. I always wondered how to say it?

Jock, as in an athlete.

I don't pretend to know more than Fran, but this is a message board and it's okay to disagree with someone, even someone who knows a lot more about a particular sport.

I'm very excited about the future of Iowa basketball, but not about this potential signing.

I can see Fran offering on the strength of his three point shooting. If he can get back to his pre injury levels, it will be a bonus.

WE ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like many of said I trust Fran on this one. Now if it was Lick getting Peter I would be a little worried..

I can see Fran offering on the strength of his three point shooting. If he can get back to his pre injury levels, it will be a bonus.

If Iowa can get a shooting guard who can create his own shot AND shoot over 40% from three, I will s*** my pants. How many has Iowa had in the last ten years? Jake Kelly maybe?

I can see the headline already; "Iowa's Jok support too much for Iowa State players." :eek:

If only we had a resident insider who could give us some solid info...

Peter Jok will be the next commit for Fran McCaffery and the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Jeff Horner, the head basketball coach at Valley, is indeed the same one that played point guard for Steve Alford at Iowa.

Those who are trying to be clever and say things like "Jok itch" aren't very educated as that word, although it sounds similiar, is spelled "j-o-c-k".

You're welcome.

Chill man! Don't you know it's a play on words and everyone is just JOKing. Although there probably are some SEC players who spell it Jok, Jawk, jaulk, jalk......did I miss any other spelling possibilities here.

Its pronounced Milly-Walk-A, which is Algonquin for "the good land".

3q7zlw.jpg

If Iowa can get a shooting guard who can create his own shot AND shoot over 40% from three, I will s*** my pants. How many has Iowa had in the last ten years? Jake Kelly maybe?

Didn't you watch that video?... He shot 100%. I hope he keeps that up when he's a Hawkeye!:)

It's nice to see players being recruited by Iowa that are/ have been recruited by non-MAC teams. I imagine, that since this is Iowa basketball and we're cursed forever, we won't see the high end upside that is somewhat possible but that's just me being a pessimist.

I'm glad that our current coach understands that talent matters and tries to get it as opposed to whatever it was that Lick did.

Nice read, thanks for posting. I hope he commits and then has a phenominal senior year. Phenominal? Oh my God it's contagious. :D

I wouldn't be at all unhappy with a Jok commit. He'd still be over a year away from seeing the floor as a Hawkeye. If he continues to rehab well it could turn out to be a steal. And even if he never finds the same quick step, he's still skilled enough to be a contributor. Minimal downside and major upside.