Come on... say it! BF called a BRILLIANT game!

Brian called a beautiful game! See, it's easy. If he calls another poor game, people should be able to say that also instead of blaming execution.

Meaning TK is letting us all know he has his finger on the trigger!!! :) Fact is though it hasn’t been easy because Nate is still young. But to you thats just an excuse.

Yes he did! And I take back SOME of the comments I have said about his readiness to be in the position he is in.

I think he may be getting some added freedoms on his play calling from HAL / KF the computerized coach programmed for 1970s football. Which IMO will hasten his rise to better play calling.

That trick play formation was awesome. Not one person in Kinnick new what the hell was coming next. Especially the OSU players and coaches.

In the words of an old blues song. KF let that boy Boogie Woogie.

Brian called a beautiful game! See, it's easy. If he calls another poor game, people should be able to say that also instead of blaming execution.

I think it is more about execution personally. We didn't shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties and drops all over the place. We got good and consistent yardage on 1st down, and that open everything up. Great game all around, but the win was by the players on the field, they played nearly flawless football today.

agreed, this is the best Iowa has looked all season. Hopefully they keep this offensive philosophy. Run to set up the pass, use the middle of the field with TE mismatches. This is the offense Iowa fans were hoping to see.

I think it is more about execution personally. We didn't shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties and drops all over the place. We got good and consistent yardage on 1st down, and that open everything up. Great game all around, but the win was by the players on the field, they played nearly flawless football today.
And we didn't keep running into walls like we've been doing all season. That's an OC thing.

Brian...there's no excuse for your behaviour in the pressbox on Saturday.

Yeah, Dad,...I know you're right. I was out of line. But here's why I'm so f****** frustrated. Did you hire me to do a f****** great job as OC or to be your whipping boy?! Do you want to win...or just "not lose".

Let me do my f***** job the way I want to or let me go somewhere else.

one can only hope....

To be fair, he's been letting him call games like this all year. Just Stanley had a far better day. O-line younguns stepped up big time. Secondary was beat just twice all day and Jackson delivered a career day.

Absolutely wrong. Not sure what happened today or this week but I suspect there was some type of intervention or a real clearing of the air after Brian's meltdown, but this offense and playcalling was MUCH more aggressive. I LOVED IT!! Long overdue and I hope it continues.

Absolutely wrong. Not sure what happened today or this week but I suspect there was some type of intervention or a real clearing of the air after Brian's meltdown, but this offense and playcalling was MUCH more aggressive. I LOVED IT!! Long overdue and I hope it continues.

no sheet...wrong indeed. The early games had Kirk's stamp all over them. At the risk of stating the painfully obvious... have you seen the audible into a stretch run into the near sideline. Good god... is there a more predictable cliche in college football.

Latest posts