Come on... say it! BF called a BRILLIANT game!

Everything clicked!
Our Freshman & Soph's played like veterans, Stanley had a career-defining game, BF kept our foot on the gas, our defense led by JJ played like All-Americans.....AND the kids were having fun!!
Soak in in boys, this was one for the ages!

This is one of those games we'll still be talking about a decade plus down the road. One for the record books - never scored 55 on OSU. I forget what they said the previous high was.

Last edited:
It's proof Iowa doesn't have to be afraid of throwing the ball to set up the run. To a large degree, I feel vindicated.

Brian called an excellent game. At one point in the 4th qtr 42% of Iowa's plays were for 1st downs or touchdowns. That's an incredible statistic. We did what I've been hoping for and that is completely cross up the opponent by not being typical Iowa. We threw on 1st down almost the entire game. Hell, I'd bet that ol' Urban was thinking: "hey, we got Iowa and MSU back to back. They're identical teams with identical preparation. So, we'll beat Iowa for sure so we'll play it vanilla and not show too much to MSU."

Sorry, Urb. That backfired.

To be fair, he's been letting him call games like this all year. Just Stanley had a far better day. O-line younguns stepped up big time. Secondary was beat just twice all day and Jackson delivered a career day.

Best game I've seen Iowa play. Everything worked.

Now it'll be interesting to see if this is how Iowa attacks defenses going forward or if it was just one game where KF said, OK do what you want.

We've seen it before in the past. Offense looks great, only to be shut down next week with the same old tendencies.

On his postgame interview with Dolphin and Podalak, KF said of some of the plays, "If it was at all creative, you know it didn't come from my brain." KF was hilarious throughout the interview. You could tell how much he loved that game.