Come on... say it! BF called a BRILLIANT game!

I'm petty sure about one thing. I bet the Wisconsin coaches are scratching their heads right now and wondering WTF? We may have to start over on this Hawkeye game plan.

That's something the coaches in the Big haven't had to consider in the last 20 years.

The morning after BF called a perfect game, I check my cochlear implant and it still working! Whew.. Thank you, BF for body-slamming them ugly bucktooth.

Yes he did! And I take back SOME of the comments I have said about his readiness to be in the position he is in.

I think he may be getting some added freedoms on his play calling from HAL / KF the computerized coach programmed for 1970s football. Which IMO will hasten his rise to better play calling.

That trick play formation was awesome. Not one person in Kinnick new what the hell was coming next. Especially the OSU players and coaches.

In the words of an old blues song. KF let that boy Boogie Woogie.
I knew, but that's because that was our fake field goal in HS. We lined up that eddy for every FG. If the other team didn't cover the eligible receiver next to the snapper, we threw it to him. Worked like twice.

I knew, but that's because that was our fake field goal in HS. We lined up that eddy for every FG. If the other team didn't cover the eligible receiver next to the snapper, we threw it to him. Worked like twice.

Its a good thing you weren't on the field for OSU then. :)

OK, he called a great game, but what is he going to do when we play someone good.
The play calling was outstanding, and so was the execution. Contrary to what I see on the message boards, the execution is more critical than play calling. Someone said it earlier, coaches get more credit than they deserve when they win, and more blame for losses when they lose. But that's football.

Play calling is certainly over rated in my book. That doesn't mean I don't say WTF was that call, or say OMG that was a brilliant call! The problem is if the WR drops a perfect play call, or if the RB slips a tackle on a bad call and gains 15, that makes more of a difference than the call itself.

OC make a huge difference in overall scheme. I think Brians passing attack is way better than GD was, especially when you consider the running game we utilize.

I think it is more about execution personally. We didn't shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties and drops all over the place. We got good and consistent yardage on 1st down, and that open everything up. Great game all around, but the win was by the players on the field, they played nearly flawless football today.

Again, Deano gets it right. Overall these were basic pro-style or I-formation pass plays, quick slants and outs, medium range post patterns, a couple flare out safety valve type passes to running backs, a couple deep balls

And a lot of TEs up the seams and in the openings of coverage.

The main thing is the hawks threw the ball, caught the ball and didnt turn it over or have a bunch of penalties.
They needed to play an almost perfect game and they did that and even better on defense.

Brian called a beautiful game! See, it's easy. If he calls another poor game, people should be able to say that also instead of blaming execution.

You can't deny execution was a HUGE part of yesterday's win. But the TE motions, the stacking, etc., was major part of it, as well.

Again, Deano gets it right. Overall these were basic pro-style or I-formation pass plays, quick slants and outs, medium range post patterns, a couple flare out safety valve type passes to running backs, a couple deep balls

And a lot of TEs up the seams and in the openings of coverage.

The main thing is the hawks threw the ball, caught the ball and didnt turn it over or have a bunch of penalties.
They needed to play an almost perfect game and they did that and even better on defense.
But did they really?
They played almost a perfect game and rolled #3 by 31 points.

Holy crap! This is what I was expecting after our first games when I posted the Iowa to the playoffs thread. This is exactly what I thought Iowa could be. Well, not lighting up OSU for 55, but pretty dang close.

What a great game plan from both sides of the ball.

Well Down BF and PP.

Last edited:
I believe BF told KF in their private conversation this past week, if you don't want anymore outbursts from the press box, let me call the the offense my way instead of the KF old-fashioned way.

Or as I've stated in the past month. Mary told KF to let BF run the dang offense his way because she's bored of watching AW run into a brick wall every Saturday.

I'm believing both happened. Pretty sure I saw KF on his headset say "are you sure of that play call" several times. BF can now say I told you so to KF.

I believe BF told KF in their private conversation this past week, if you don't want anymore outbursts from the press box, let me call the the offense my way instead of the KF old-fashioned way.

Or as I've stated in the past month. Mary told KF to let BF run the dang offense his way because she's bored of watching AW run into a brick wall every Saturday.

I'm believing both happened. Pretty sure I saw KF on his headset say "are you sure of that play call" several times. BF can now say I told you so to KF.

What plays were called vs Ohio St that we haven’t run before? I’d be interested to know which plays you think the old man forbid Brian to run earlier this year that we ran vs Ohio St.

What plays were called vs Ohio St that we haven’t run before? I’d be interested to know which plays you think the old man forbid Brian to run earlier this year that we ran vs Ohio St.

Oh please, please tell me wise one where I said they ran different plays? I have said since yesterday they established the passing game to open up the run.

Go away. You bore me.

Welllll, I bet in all of college D1 football there was no other team that ran the center eligible play AND the QB punting play. So I am pretty sure we haven't run those plays before.

Welllll, I bet in all of college D1 football there was no other team that ran the center eligible play AND the QB punting play. So I am pretty sure we haven't run those plays before.
giphy.gif

I almost specifically said, except for those two plays figuring someone would bring them up.

Latest posts