Coker....legal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gazette has the Johnson County atty on record saying they are not investigating Coker:

Coker suspended from Insight Bowl | TheGazette

Also, Johnson County Attorney Janet Lyness said Tuesday her office isn’t investigating anything involving Coker, who was with the team as late as Sunday.

Just another reason to proceed cautiously with things you are wanting to say, at this time.

Interesting, but doesn't the University of Iowa have it's own police force? Could they be investigating without the knowledge of the Johnson County atty?

On a side note from what I've seen lately the Johnson County atty would have trouble finding their as5 with both hands, so you kind of have to take what they say with a grain of salt as well.

Point taken. I need to ask though… in the 11 years of you running this site, how many times have you even had a sniff of anything like this happening to you. Have you been contacted about a rumor a poster made by an attorney looking to sue? Doesn’t Coker himself have to be the one who wants to file suit? Do you think he would spend time/money/resources to track down you with a lawyer looking to find the particular poster who said that they heard this “rumorâ€￾? Not even claiming it a fact, but just a rumor. Doesn’t he have more important things to worry about right now? Furthermore, do you even think Coker as heard about this site? If he has, do you think he is on here digging through the posts to find which particular user is writing defamatory things? In my opinion, the chances of all of these things coming together, and somebody getting sued is well, um, zero. My point is, the audience in this particular case is very limited. I do not believe the rumor would blow up anywhere outside of HawkeyeNation.
Carry on.

I had a cousin who had a nasty habit of dating married women. He did this for 11 years without ever being contacted by one of his "girlfriends" husbands. Then one day one was waiting for him by his car with a 2x4 in hand after he got off work.

It turns out acting recklessly until someone or something gives you a reason to change isn't always the smartest way to go through life.

Crossing your T’s and dotting your I’s, I can respect that. Completely over the top in this case, but I can respect it.

I don't think it's all that over the top. It's still a risk for Jon to let wild, open speculation occur on this site. He's a business man who doesn't want that risk, because there is really no significant reward for it.

Just because Coker may never see what's said here doesn't mean anything goes and it's all good.

I had a cousin who had a nasty habit of dating married women. He did this for 11 years without ever being contacted by one of his "girlfriends" husbands. Then one day one was waiting for him by his car with a 2x4 in hand after he got off work.

It turns out acting recklessly until someone or something gives you a reason to change isn't always the smartest way to go through life.

And? How can you stop the there? haha

I don't think it's all that over the top. It's still a risk for Jon to let wild, open speculation occur on this site. He's a business man who doesn't want that risk, because there is really no significant reward for it.

Just because Coker may never see what's said here doesn't mean anything goes and it's all good.

Ok how about this. Someone writes what they heard, Jon waits 10 min for people to get a look, and then he deletes it. The Jon covers his a$s by "doing the right thing"

i really dont think this is a legal issue for coker. this is coming from a johnson county sheriff deputy, but who knows.

Interesting, but doesn't the University of Iowa have it's own police force? Could they be investigating without the knowledge of the Johnson County atty?

On a side note from what I've seen lately the Johnson County atty would have trouble finding their as5 with both hands, so you kind of have to take what they say with a grain of salt as well.
Ya pretty sure the University police would be the first to investigate this alleged rumor and that is why his suspension is for violating university policies.

Last edited:
The only time I ever hear anything about KCJJ or someone mention KCJJ is when they publish a crazed rumor (that is invariably incorrect) about the Hawkeye football program.

Coker was suspended for violating the U of I "STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT" and he was suspended by the U of I, not KF
KCJJ is nothing more than a local IC hack radio station and is known for just throwing things out there to see if it sticks
on the academic side
Coker is studying Astro Physic to get a job at NASA
not exactly basket weaving 101
also to get into NASA you have to keep your nose squeaky clean
in other words to get into NASA
there can't be "ANYTHING" criminal or otherwise on your record
most jobs within NASA requires a TOP SECRET clearance
and anybody thats been in the military or even worked for civilian company that dealt heavily with the military, have to go thru a background check

Coker was suspended for violating the U of I "STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT" and he was suspended by the U of I, not KF
KCJJ is nothing more than a local IC hack radio station and is known for just throwing things out there to see if it sticks
on the academic side
Coker is studying Astro Physic to get a job at NASA
not exactly basket weaving 101
also to get into NASA you have to keep your nose squeaky clean
in other words to get into NASA
there can't be "ANYTHING" criminal or otherwise on your record
most jobs within NASA requires a TOP SECRET clearance
and anybody thats been in the military or even worked for civilian company that dealt heavily with the military, have to go thru a background check

Just a question, but have you ever thought about using punctuation?

The Gazette has the Johnson County atty on record saying they are not investigating Coker:

Coker suspended from Insight Bowl | TheGazette

Also, Johnson County Attorney Janet Lyness said Tuesday her office isn’t investigating anything involving Coker, who was with the team as late as Sunday.

Just another reason to proceed cautiously with things you are wanting to say, at this time.

The KCJJ piece doesn't say anything about Johnson County either.

i got tired of being bagged on for my sentences looking like they are a run on so i just seperate them makes it easier to read
no offense on the question
in todays colleges, plagerism is a kiss of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts