Coker....legal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than unsubstantiated rumors the only thing we know is that KCJJ felt confident enough in there sources to make the statement that Coker is the subject of a legal investigation.

Obviously some members on this site know what is going on or have more information. Just like when I said back in August that one NON-BCS conference group of reps met with my school to talk about merging non-BCS conference teams. I couldn't say who it was, but the information was still sound.

But like Jon says, he isn't comfortable with this happening on the message board. That is why I asked for the PM.

Guys I appreciate that people want to know more, hell I do to, but I'm not comfortable saying anything more than I already have. Until the person who told me privately says the same thing publicly on this board I'm not going to say anything further, either here, or via private message.

Guys I appreciate that people want to know more, hell I do to, but I'm not comfortable saying anything more than I already have. Until the person who told me privately says the same thing publicly on this board I'm not going to say anything further, either here, or via private message.

Agreed. I'd also like to point out that rumors fly around Iowa City all of the time that have no merit to them. Heck, if I posted every rumor I've heard in Iowa City about the Iowa football team, Miller would have not only banned me long ago, but probably came to my house lookin to give me an *** whoopin.

I will respect Jon's wishes and will keep the details of things to myself. That being said, as far as I have heard, the rumors are only about one player of the Iowa football team.

Please PM me also.
I get that Jon doesn’t want things getting out of control, but the fact is Coker was suspended. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t someone post early yesterday that something was coming down soon. The thread was then deleted by Jon, and it turned out to be true. What’s the harm in telling the rumor you heard. Put a disclaimer. THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR. I think most of us are reasonable enough to know that it is indeed a rumor, until we have facts. I just don’t see the harm. We aren’t writing articles for the Press-Citizen. We are posting on a message board. So between us HawkeyeNation friends, what have you heard. Or PM me, so the Peoples Republic of HawkeyeNation can’t censor.
Thanks

I am thinking maybe we should start a "Too crazy to be true Iowa football rumors thread" and the first two can be the classic "Tate broke his leg" and "Tate died/retired due to a nail infection because he cut it too far."

No one PM me if you know. If you don't know just keep posting as usual like nothing happened. Thanks.

Back in CR for Christmas, probably heard the same rumor Burky is indicating, hope its not true, I am a fan of Coker.

Please PM me also.
I get that Jon doesn’t want things getting out of control, but the fact is Coker was suspended. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t someone post early yesterday that something was coming down soon. The thread was then deleted by Jon, and it turned out to be true. What’s the harm in telling the rumor you heard. Put a disclaimer. THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR. I think most of us are reasonable enough to know that it is indeed a rumor, until we have facts. I just don’t see the harm. We aren’t writing articles for the Press-Citizen. We are posting on a message board. So between us HawkeyeNation friends, what have you heard. Or PM me, so the Peoples Republic of HawkeyeNation can’t censor.
Thanks

How about this..you create an account with your real name. Someone will send you the rumor, and you post it, with your name and where you work. In the event that what you heard doesn't turn out to be 100% factual, and someone comes to sue you for libel, I will have that information handy so that I can be sure to give you full credit, and liability.

Deal?

Please PM me also.
Thanks

Material posted on a message board can be found to be just as libelous and defamatory as anything written in a newspaper or said on radio or television, and the owner(s) of this site could find themselves in all sorts of legal and financial trouble (including being forced to reveal the true identity or at least the ISP of every poster in any thread related to that particular topic) for allowing such content. So Jon is rightfully skittish about preventing such information from being posted, and in quickly taking down posts or threads that he thinks cross the line.

In addition to protecting himself and HawkeyeNation, Jon is also protecting you.

How about this..you create an account with your real name. Someone will send you the rumor, and you post it, with your name and where you work. In the event that what you heard doesn't turn out to be 100% factual, and someone comes to sue you for libel, I will have that information handy so that I can be sure to give you full credit, and liability.

Deal?

Well said Jon. I think people feel they have a right to say whatever they want, and spread around any garbage they want. I would agree with that, if like you stated, they leave their actual name, so they can also reap the rewards of being incorrect....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts