Clone reporter calls JBO “trash”

Why do you have such a high standard that 18-23 year olds must follow playing an emotional sport, yet you have such a low standard for 40 something journalists?
One person blew kisses to the crowd, flexed, must a spectacle of himself over his team and making his university look classless.

One person commented about it.

Who's mature?

Why do you have such a high standard that 18-23 year olds must follow playing an emotional sport, yet you have such a low standard for 40 something journalists?
If he plays for the University of Iowa using funds raised by the state and its citizens, yes, i expect a higher standard. I'd make him formally apologize and sit him a half. WWKFD?

If he plays for the University of Iowa using funds raised by the state and its citizens, yes, i expect a higher standard. I'd make him formally apologize and sit him a half. WWKFD?

I missed Kieth Duncan's formal apology, and 1/2 game suspension. Please link so I can get up to speed on that.

I'll finish my part of the discussion. Ben is allowed to share his personal life opinion. It doesnt matter if he reports for Iowa State. I agree the actions by the Hawkeye players were classless and trashy. If you disagree, dont ever call out an opponent for trash talking again.

Well then we once again have a difference of opinion. I feel that kids will make more mistakes, I know I made a lot as a 18-23 year old. I do find that I tend to hold my 40 year old friends now a bit more accountable than early 20 somethings. To each their own though!

I missed Kieth Duncan's formal apology, and 1/2 game suspension. Please link so I can get up to speed on that.
If it was just the kiss....but did he flex all game...did he run his shoes to the 50 yard line...oh...did he win the Groza award despite having a much better season.....hmmmm? Interesting. Connection? It doesnt play for responsible, team before self, meat and potatoes before gravy kinda folks. Maybe KF disciplined him internally? Maybe his profound action led to missing out on an award. To the victor go the spoils.

Well then we once again have a difference of opinion. I feel that kids will make more mistakes, I know I made a lot as a 18-23 year old. I do find that I tend to hold my 40 year old friends now a bit more accountable than early 20 somethings. To each their own though!
I agree. Promise I'm not trying to change your opinion :)

One person blew kisses to the crowd, flexed, must a spectacle of himself over his team and making his university look classless.

One person commented about it.

Who's mature?

You didn't answer Dean's question.

Ben also stated in his original tweet the shoes were paid by tax payers/booster/ tv rev, which was incorrect. Why is there no ethical duty from the media to research before publicly shaming? Ben also admitted to not watching the game. He's entitled to his own opinion but he's looking the other way on his own university.

Look at the photo i posted earlier in this thread of the student section. I've never seen any Iowa fans flip off the opposing team. Iowa fans actually CLAP during the starting lineups at Carver for the opposing team. I disagree with clapping for them but flipping the visitors the bird is embarrassing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191215-082309_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191215-082309_Chrome.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 3
Give them their trash talk, my god...it's all they have. Football (5 in a row), Basketball (2 in a row), Wrestling...well...Women's basketball...they haven't won anything in a few years. It's hard on them.

Pretty much the only thing they have been successful at is harassing our band.

they have the best severe weather siren in college football. it's a great recruiting tool. in fact, they have a lot of tools at iowa state that help them recruit.

I'll finish my part of the discussion. Ben is allowed to share his personal life opinion. It doesnt matter if he reports for Iowa State. I agree the actions by the Hawkeye players were classless and trashy. If you disagree, dont ever call out an opponent for trash talking again.

the whole point of trash talking (actions) is to piss off the other side and have your side relish in it. it works both ways. if you don't want someone to steal your goal posts, win at home. was that trashy when iowa fans stole goofey's goal posts?

it's what makes rivalries, rivalries. and we all know what the societal norms are that should constrain trash talking. no middle fingers, no making fun of someones physical ability or lack of. stomping on a team logo at midfield or mid court is acceptable. stomping on someones face after the game, not acceptable. blowing a kiss to the opposing fans is acceptable. flipping off opposing fans not acceptable. it's freaking sports.

Whether or not flexing, blowing kisses, and leaving shoes on the court is classless and trashy is opinion. If you want to say "I think what he did is classless and trashy" it's fine. It means you are aware that the world doesn't revolve around you. But saying "he shouldn't do that stuff because in my opinion it's classless and trashy" is ridiculous because it means you think the world should conform to your opinions.

I get why Bruns is a little jaded. He has always been like that, imo. His hometown gave him a lot of grief for choosing ISU and it seems like he still can't get past it.

It starts at the top with ISU classlessness. Jamie Pollard is on twitter trolling all the time. He trolls Texas, he trolls K-State when they are upset that ISU is going to the Camping World Bowl, he trolls all the time. Of course that is gonna filter down to the rest of Clown town. Blum is nothing but a troll as well, and it seems that is what Bruns wants to be now as well.

You dont call an opponent "trash" who has never done anything even close to bad. You just dont do that so Bruns is classless in this instance and dont say he isnt.

You are trying to cover for him because of other actions.
Bruns is just butt hurt form the the constat losing to Iowa in athletics
It starts at the top with ISU classlessness. Jamie Pollard is on twitter trolling all the time. He trolls Texas, he trolls K-State when they are upset that ISU is going to the Camping World Bowl, he trolls all the time. Of course that is gonna filter down to the rest of Clown town. Blum is nothing but a troll as well, and it seems that is what Bruns wants to be now as well.

I said it before and I'll say it again...Jamie Pollard is an immature 13 year old boy trapped inside a grown man's body.

Whether or not flexing, blowing kisses, and leaving shoes on the court is classless and trashy is opinion. If you want to say "I think what he did is classless and trashy" it's fine. It means you are aware that the world doesn't revolve around you. But saying "he shouldn't do that stuff because in my opinion it's classless and trashy" is ridiculous because it means you think the world should conform to your opinions.
The world is run by conformity. We'll see how it affects his future. I didnt say he shouldn't do it. I said I agree its classless and trashy. I feel a head coach worth his salt would take him aside, talk about the goals of the program and the perception of the program and discipline him accordingly as its classless and trashy. Bringing attention to yourself in a team game. Shedding a negative light on the team. If that's what you want for a brand of basketball, go to Ames, go to Michigan State, go to some other place. It's never played here and it's not the time to start. I don't need to hear about how kids are different. ask the military if they give a f#ck if kids are different. you set standards, you hold people to them. If that's the standard Fran wants to set, if he wants to accept and or encourage bs after and during games, he wont be here long into the future. He might get a job in Ames.

I get why Bruns is a little jaded. He has always been like that, imo. His hometown gave him a lot of grief for choosing ISU and it seems like he still can't get past it.
His hometown could care less if he went to ISU. What are you talking about? Lol ISU offered, Iowa didnt. He was all-Big 12. Oops.

Hate on Bruns and Iowa State all you want. Lol That doesnt bother me. What is somewhat comical is that you care so much about someone calling a classless and trashy action, classless and trashy. If the same thing was done by an ISU player you'd all have shat your britches more than usual for a Sunday. Quit being hypocrites. As a Hawkeye fan i can admit it was uncalled for and not be upset when someone says bs. Also, yea, most of the time I'd say if you dont like us doing that, beat us. Well, they will again someday. Hopefully way down the line and 98% of you complaining today that they are poor losers will be whining as poor losers when it happens. If you advocate for that type of action as acceptable, only God can help you. If you like T Owens, Ocho Conco, Dennis Rodman stuff, good for you. Most people don't. I want the U of Iowa to win and act like they know how. It's called pride.

Hate on Bruns and Iowa State all you want. Lol That doesnt bother me. What is somewhat comical is that you care so much about someone calling a classless and trashy action, classless and trashy. If the same thing was done by an ISU player you'd all have shat your britches more than usual for a Sunday. Quit being hypocrites. As a Hawkeye fan i can admit it was uncalled for and not be upset when someone says bs. Also, yea, most of the time I'd say if you dont like us doing that, beat us. Well, they will again someday. Hopefully way down the line and 98% of you complaining today that they are poor losers will be whining as poor losers when it happens. If you advocate for that type of action as acceptable, only God can help you. If you like T Owens, Ocho Conco, Dennis Rodman stuff, good for you. Most people don't. I want the U of Iowa to win and act like they know how. It's called pride.

LOL getting this bent out of shape over a blown kiss. I mean do you think kids should be able to do anything when they make a 3? Is holding 3 fingers up classless and trashy? Garza flexes a lot when he gets a tough bucket, is he trashy?

They are kids let them play with emotions, you can teach your kids to be emotionless and robots if you want, the rest of us enjoy some emotion in our sports.

Latest posts