Clone reporter calls JBO “trash”

I think you and I are often in different camps but..that's ok. I respect what you say and recognize and appreciate your opinions on here as yours. You are good to have on this board. I like reading your opinions even though they often are at odds with my own. It would be boring on here otherwise. I believe in this case that it's a bad look for Iowa. I don't want to be on ISU comparison level for that kind of stuff. Knowing the kind of person Ben is/was, there's no way he approved of Niang's actions/comments. No way.

I will admit this kind of stuff used to bother me more. As I get older, I realize that is the thing, I'm just getting old. Also listening to Ross Peterson and Chris Williams they said that Bohannon is friends with Niang and Morris, stays in contact with them, and they are probably getting a good laugh at how people get all offended by this stuff (including Bruns).

I will admit this kind of stuff used to bother me more. As I get older, I realize that is the thing, I'm just getting old. Also listening to Ross Peterson and Chris Williams they said that Bohannon is friends with Niang and Morris, stays in contact with them, and they are probably getting a good laugh at how people get all offended by this stuff (including Bruns).
If no one reacted either way I would have raised an eyebrow, shook my head and moved on with my day. It wouldn't fly with KF or most football coaches with any class. Regardless of the friendships. It's nice to know it's more out of good humor. But again...the act is.....if not trashy.....unneccessary. Trust me, taking a non-homer side leaves me open to ridicule. It's ok. I have expectations for college athletes at THE University of Iowa and that "ain't " it.

Can you imagine an Iowa football player running to the 50 yard line post game and putting shoes on the Cyclone. Bye Iowa football player. Its Terell Owen's stuff. It's the kid who planted the flag in the field for Oklahoma or whoever it was. No one likes it. If that's who you are...you be you.

After all this discussion here is the deal. Players in all levels need to just play and then shake hands after the game is over. That is it. First it starts with professional sports with all the histrionics after players make a simple tackle for a 1 yard loss or a sack or a pass knocked down. The player is sometimes behind by 3 touchdowns or down 15 in Bball and they act like they just won a championship by making a play. Save your going crazy for when you really do something special like making the game winning shot, game winning catch, home run etc. Enjoy during the game.

Again check out how many players go crazy making a normal play.

The coaches and ADs need to tone this down.

Last edited:
After all this discussion here is the deal. Players in all levels need to just play and then shake hands after the game is over. That is it. First it starts with professional sports with all the histrionics after players make a simple tackle for a 1 yard loss or a sack or a pass knocked down. The player is sometimes behind by 3 touchdowns or down 15 in Bball and they act like they just won a championship by making a play. Save your going crazy for when you really do something special like making the game winning shot, game winning catch, home run etc. Enjoy during the game.

And players think they get fouled everytime they score inside. You can frequently hear them yell "and one", sometimes before they've even made their move to the rim.

I've seen middle school kids get T'd for this. I saw a physical high school game last week where a kid did the flexing biceps pose after blocking another kid's layup attempt. He got T'd as well.

Did you see the announcer in a recent NBA game? Guy's team is down 30 or so late, he throws down a big dunk, flexes to the crowd and does that rage stare yelling thing. Announcer on air calls him out about "nice and you're down by what a thousand points" lol You're right. It is what it is. Can still call it for what it is without ridicule.

And players think they get fouled everytime they score inside. You can frequently hear them yell "and one", sometimes before they've even made their move to the rim.

I've seen middle school kids get T'd for this. I saw a physical high school game last week where a kid did the flexing biceps pose after blocking another kid's layup attempt. He got T'd as well.
Starts right there. Hawks should have got T'd for each of their flexes, kiss blows...ISU too. Hold kids accountable like JH and HS. Some coaches go so far as to demand respect for self, game, opponent. Weird.

If no one reacted either way I would have raised an eyebrow, shook my head and moved on with my day. It wouldn't fly with KF or most football coaches with any class. Regardless of the friendships. It's nice to know it's more out of good humor. But again...the act is.....if not trashy.....unneccessary. Trust me, taking a non-homer side leaves me open to ridicule. It's ok. I have expectations for college athletes at THE University of Iowa and that "ain't " it.

Don't confuse disagreeing with you as ridicule.

The thing is as people we all have or opinions and what we think is over the line. Pretty much as a society now the vast majority of people like to get outraged over things they think cross that line. They also think that everyone should have the same feelings as them and feel the same way and are outraged others aren't outraged. I'm just at a point where I don't care. There are much bigger things to worry about than a 22-23 year old having some fun and then using that to raise money for the Children's Hospital. I will save my outrage for things that I think are more worthy of it, you are free to display your outrage over this if you wish.

Don't confuse disagreeing with you as ridicule.

The thing is as people we all have or opinions and what we think is over the line. Pretty much as a society now the vast majority of people like to get outraged over things they think cross that line. They also think that everyone should have the same feelings as them and feel the same way and are outraged others aren't outraged. I'm just at a point where I don't care. There are much bigger things to worry about than a 22-23 year old having some fun and then using that to raise money for the Children's Hospital. I will save my outrage for things that I think are more worthy of it, you are free to display your outrage over this if you wish.
That's fair. I think it includes respecting opinions of those who don't want to see that crap as well. Again, it was his opinion. You are free to yours as well. You all chose to let his opinion, his opinion, ruffle your feathers lol

That's fair. I think it includes respecting opinions of those who don't want to see that crap as well. Again, it was his opinion. You are free to yours as well. You all chose to let his opinion, his opinion, ruffle your feathers lol

And you my friend have let our opinions ruffle your feathers. ;)

But, you haven't talked to him in 20 years... :rolleyes:
Also fair. People can change. My guess is he hasnt. He is a reporter for them because he is intelligent, well-spoken, filled with character and works hard. He comes from a good family, is an executive VP...it all sounds terrible...sure lol

Also fair. People can change. My guess is he hasnt. He is a reporter for them because he is intelligent, well-spoken, filled with character and works hard. He comes from a good family, is an executive VP...it all sounds terrible...sure lol

Shouldn't someone like that know better than to post what he did on Twitter then? If he is well-spoken, intelligent, comes from a good family, etc., don't you think he could have expressed his opinion in a much more intelligent and well spoken manner?

I think that is what people are talking about. Disagree with Jordan if you want, but aren't you just being "trashy" yourself calling Jordan "trash"?

But, you haven't talked to him in 20 years... :rolleyes:
Again, if you simply read what he actually tweeted....where is it offensive? It was Bush league classless all around by JBo. Again, my opinion. That's not the brand of Iowa athletics I'm interested in watching. You like it, enjoy it. Ben didnt like it, he shared an honest and fair opinion. You like the showboating, trash talking, me before team. Noted.

I didn't see the word trash.
Shouldn't someone like that know better than to post what he did on Twitter then? If he is well-spoken, intelligent, comes from a good family, etc., don't you think he could have expressed his opinion in a much more intelligent and well spoken manner?

I think that is what people are talking about. Disagree with Jordan if you want, but aren't you just being "trashy" yourself calling Jordan "trash"?
I didn't see the word trash used. Did I miss something? Classless. Either way, it was TRASHY!

Dont follow his Twitter would be my suggestion . I'll bet he doesnt follow you:)

Latest posts