CJB/Transfer

Unless CJ was dinged up, CJ should have played in the 4th quarter against the wind, no doubt. I'm pretty sure we still win the game. Not sure what KF could have been thinking other than he didn't want to restart the QB controversy.

Does anyone know Beathard's graduation status? Is it possible that he could graduate from Iowa after this school year (his third in college) and have two years to play two seasons at an FBS school? I know he is a bright kid and he went to a high school that offered a lot of honors courses, so he might be ahead of the curve academically and thus able to follow the route of Jacob Coker, Danny O'Brien and others.

The only way he transfers is if he no longer trusts the coaches, experience going forward sucks or just can't take it anymore.

KF stated in his postgame conference that CJ was NOT injured, but was "nicked up" and WAS available. No real thought of going to CJ, at all.

kFz on playing CJB: "we just didn't feel it was in out best interest"

unfathomable, nonsensical, inexcusable, and unacceptable.

After the Pitt game, when Ferentz made the QB comment, my opinion is it was a direct shot at the fans.

This situation is JC and Stanzi all over again except Iowa's schedule is full of cupcakes this go round making JR look more viable than he really is.

Ferentz didn't give CJB a shot at all against Indiana to prove who the best QB is. When CJB was in the game every offensive play call was conservative. CJB will leave after this year mainly because our coach wants our QB to check down regardless of the situation. Same old same old in Iowa City...

So we can call posters stupid? Just trying to figure out the rules.

CJB would be stupid for not transferring and taking part in this crap show that has become Iowa football. Terrible offense, defense that can't tackle, and a coach that would much rather lose than make the "fan's choice."

Morehouse is just covering for his boy so he doesn't get canned like Harty did.

Oh my God, boat. Why in the world would any coach want to play the "fan's choice" over who he thought was better? I've been in that situation and ended up not playing the crowd favorite but playing who I thought was the better player.

In the movie (and in real life) the fans wanted Rudy to play. Devine gave in to pressure (actually assistant coach and player pressure) on the last kickoff and last play of the last game of the season (which, by the way, ND was ahead 17-3).

And if you think Ferentz wants to lose, then there's not much that can be said.

Oh my God, boat. Why in the world would any coach want to play the "fan's choice" over who he thought was better? I've been in that situation and ended up not playing the crowd favorite but playing who I thought was the better player.

In the movie (and in real life) the fans wanted Rudy to play. Devine gave in to pressure (actually assistant coach and player pressure) on the last kickoff and last play of the last game of the season (which, by the way, ND was ahead 17-3).

And if you think Ferentz wants to lose, then there's not much that can be said.

You miss the point. Again.

You miss the point. Again.

Nope. Didn't miss it at all. You said "a coach that would much rather lose than make the "fan's choice."" I didn't necessarily disagree with anything else you posted. Being a former HS coach, I took issue with this one point. No coach plays the fan's choice; they ALWAYS play who they think give them the best chance to win.

And as I said before, if you think Ferentz wants to lose then there's not much that can be said. More specifically, there's no way to talk reason to anyone who thinks Ferentz wants to lose.

Nope. Didn't miss it at all. You said "a coach that would much rather lose than make the "fan's choice."" I didn't necessarily disagree with anything else you posted. Being a former HS coach, I took issue with this one point. No coach plays the fan's choice; they ALWAYS play who they think give them the best chance to win.

And as I said before, if you think Ferentz wants to lose then there's not much that can be said. More specifically, there's no way to talk reason to anyone who thinks Ferentz wants to lose.

You are right that KF believes JR gives us the best chance to win. Unfortunately he is wrong.

I was at the Indiana game and sat behind the Iowa bench with my dad. After one of CJ's runs where he took a pretty good hit on the east sideline, I noticed him not looking comfortable on the sideline when our defense was on the field. He was standing upright with his hands on his hips and kept arching is back backwards like he tweeked his back. I remember telling my dad that CJ looks like he hurt his back on that hit. If I had to guess (and this is my only hope), Kirk and CJ both knew that he wouldn't play at all against Maryland. We all know how conservative Kirk is, so hopefully, he knows we'll need CJ to make a November run and wasn't going to risk CJ aggravating the injury he may have had. This is the only scenario that would make yesterday's events make any sense. If this happens to be true, then Kirk's comments after the game also make more sense, not wanting to come out and say that he was "hurt". Let the bye week heal him up and unleash him on jNW.

Kirk has always said, "things are never quite as good as they seem, and things are never quite as bad as they seem." For his sake, I hope the latter part of that applies to yesterday.

To those who feel CJB should have been inserted in the game, would that have caused the defense to start tackling? How about the O line actually blocking?

Imho it would have been the same outcome.

To those who feel CJB should have been inserted in the game, would that have caused the defense to start tackling? How about the O line actually blocking?

Yes. It did just that at Pitt. The QB play or lack thereof effects every player on the team.

You are right that KF believes JR gives us the best chance to win. Unfortunately he is wrong.

There is not another coach at any level of football that would have done what kurt did with Vandy in 2012. there is also no other coach that would have watched that **** show yesterday and not made the switch.

The answer is yes. Again, because CJ can and does throw downfield, the defense can no longer load the box with 8, 9 or even 10 players. The biggest problems the OL has had is having to block way too many guys.

So, again, yes.