CJB/Transfer

Absolutely won't be shocked if he transfers. Kirk has made it clear who his #1 is... I think CJ has that drive... Of course, he would have to sit a year but maybe CJ will have had enough of playing second fiddle to a QB he has to believe he is better than.

This really isn't that off the wall of a question. CJ has two to play two, but Rudock also has one to play one after this year so if CJ thinks that the almighty favors Rudock, then perhaps it is at least on his mind, whether or not it is in his best interest overall.

Per the constant reminder of many top scribes on this site, these are 18 to 22 year old kids that are sometimes prone to debatable or irrational decisions.

Dang toddlers AND your apple juice!

Jon, listening to your instant reaction. I think you're missing the point with CJ. CJ needs exposure, because he does have NFL talent. He could go to a small school down south where the throw it all over the place and get the exposure. If you don't think that is appealing to CJ, then maybe you know something we don't. But, if I was CJ, making it to the NFL from a small school is at least as realistic as playing 1 season at Iowa. CJ needs to get his talents on film and he needs scouts to see a history of his play. No, I am not throwing a tantrum. No, I am not trying to break something and be a little crybaby. This is a legitimate avenue for CJ. If CJ gets the starting nod the rest of the season, then, this is moot, because CJ won't look back.

Best thing he could do for himself is leave. Not getting a fair shake and you have a head coach who is working against you because he wants the other guy.

Do not waste your talent. Many places to play and prosper.

Jon, listening to your instant reaction. I think you're missing the point with CJ. CJ needs exposure, because he does have NFL talent. He could go to a small school down south where the throw it all over the place and get the exposure. If you don't think that is appealing to CJ, then maybe you know something we don't. But, if I was CJ, making it to the NFL from a small school is at least as realistic as playing 1 season at Iowa. CJ needs to get his talents on film and he needs scouts to see a history of his play. No, I am not throwing a tantrum. No, I am not trying to break something and be a little crybaby. This is a legitimate avenue for CJ. If CJ gets the starting nod the rest of the season, then, this is moot, because CJ won't look back.

Jon's "opinion" is stated as fact. Other "opinions" that disagree are stupid. That is the bottom line.

He has as good of a chance at making an NFL camp as QB of ANY FCS team as he has as remaining at Iowa.

And if he leaves so be it. This kind of thing happens all the time. If he is so great he could just bide his time and end up like Banks, who by the way said the best thing was for him to back up McCann and then start as a senior even though all you experts say he should have been the starter that year.

And if he leaves so be it. This kind of thing happens all the time. If he is so great he could just bide his time and end up like Banks, who by the way said the best thing was for him to back up McCann and then start as a senior even though all you experts say he should have been the starter that year.

You are comparing Apples and Chicken.

Banks was a JUCO WR as a Freshman.
He was a JUCO QB as a Sophomore.
He was new to the program in 2001.

Beathard is in his 3rd year in the program, and has shown that he is more than capable of sparking a stagnant offense.

Like jamie Pollard, I am not a fan of the transfer world we are in, but this is the perfect time to utilize it. No matter what he does positively, or how much Jake sucks on the field, the change won't be made.

bcz i am surrounded by toddlers

Understand the way you feel but people are upset and when people are upset they need to vent their frustrations--fan boards are a way to do just that. I also think that people are peeved that they are sitting on their sofas and are outcoaching Kirk from home...can't imagine how easy it is for opposing teams (e.g. every audible at the line is run to the short side of the field without fail). The fans aren't always wrong. We got JR for the whole game today and we saw a re-run of UNI, Ball St., ISU and the first half of Pitt. We got CJB for a game and a half and saw the same scheme with a QB that could spin the damn laces and we looked pretty darn good once he got his feet under him. Everyone keeps talking scheme but the offense looks totally different when you have a QB whose first option is to look down field instead of the 5 yard dump off.

Sorry you are having a bad day but so are the rest of us.

Diesel..... you seem as flat out stubborn as Kirk. For whatever reason, the team seems to "perk up" when CJ is in there. He has an intangible that Jake doesn't have. At the very least, give him a shot to put some life in this very mediocre team. I wouldn't blame him at all for looking elsewhere.

You are not taking into account the emotion that comes into play here. CJ is the better QB. But even if CJ does stick around and waits until his SR season to start, maybe he gets injured? Or, maybe he doesn't want to play in a dink and dunk system? I think it is a legit question for CJ to be asking himself. But, as I've stated, if KF does happen to see the light, then I believe CJ won't look back. And we'll know if KF is reigning him in if CJ starts playing like JR.

Pat Devlin was at Penn State for two years before leaving and doing nice things at Delaware and then ended up in the NFL. I'm sure there are plenty of other QB's who have left even with 2 years to play but I don't have the drive to look all of them up. Perhaps someone else may.

Beathard possibly leaving is a serious thing people. He absolutely was thinking about leaving last season. He's got NFL level talent arm-wise and as Ferentz likes to say, "Jake is our quarterback"

If I was CJ, what kind of trust do you put in your coach when he says both QB's will play....and then you are the odd man out with 0 minutes?
I just don't get it.

Latest posts