CJ Fredrick health?

Just got an update from someone close to the program.

It's a pretty bad sprain, as Fran said last night. CJF is in treatment as I type. Going to continue hard with treatment and try to get back as fast as he can.

As you guys know, ankles are tricky. Hard to say how long he'll be sidelined, but the person I contacted figured a couple weeks.
Thanks for the updated info Rob. Dang it I was afraid of this, CJ has become a pivotal part of this team not only for his scoring but his defense as well! Really need Bakari to step up his level of play on both sides of the ball!!
Dan Wemett

It's a pretty bad sprain, as Fran said last night. CJF is in treatment as I type. Going to continue hard with treatment and try to get back as fast as he can.

As you guys know, ankles are tricky. Hard to say how long he'll be sidelined, but the person I contacted figured a couple weeks.
Good info.

Hoping iowa can somehow get to 10-10 and get CJF back for the BTT.

If the trainers and doctors were able to cut down on the swelling that is a first big step otherwise it is probably a week to get the swelling down. They have to be sure he didnt tear/hurt any ligaments or tendons of course. Two weeks is optimistic playing a hard cutting game like basketball.

3.5 weeks until the BTT. That should be the goal I think. I’m pretty thankful it wasn’t an ACL or Achilles becuase that’s what it looked like to me at first.

Hopefully, CJF will recover like Monica Czinano who was carried off the court, confined to a walking boot and returned three games later to lead all scorers against Nebraska.

Last time we lost CJ for the 2nd half of a road game we lost, then a full road game we lost, then a home game we blew out a good team, then got him back looking 100%. This time we already lost the road game we lost him in the 2nd half for. We will almost certainly lose the next road game. Then if we can win the following home game, then get him back, we will actually be in good shape again. We would have 4 more games to get 1 more win, and we would be at full strength. I guess I hope this injury follows the exact same path as last time.

3.5 weeks until the BTT. That should be the goal I think. I’m pretty thankful it wasn’t an ACL or Achilles becuase that’s what it looked like to me at first.
Agree - both my brother and I were convinced it was an Achilles. That would have been beyond devastating.

Agree - both my brother and I were convinced it was an Achilles. That would have been beyond devastating.

My thoughts exactly. It looked like he grabbed for achilles, rather than his ankle. It's unfortunate that he'll be out a few weeks down stretch but ultimately dodged a bullet if that's all it is.
As I type this I can't help but think of Kevin Durant who originally sprained his ankle which ultimately played a part in his achilles tear as he rushed back.

I’ll take 2 weeks. Where do I sign? Get at least 2 wins and reload for the postseason.

Side Note - This may be a good year not to start winning BTT games if we get a couple regular season wins.

I had a bad one in high school . Landed on a guys foot . It took about two or three months before I even felt comfortable playing through the pain

I came back a couple of weeks later, I wouldn't practice, but would play in the games. I would pop a hydrocodone during warm ups, the trainer would put as much tape as she legally could (not the normal athletic tape, but the ridged heavy duty type), then put an air cast over that, I also had a giant knee brace as I sprained my MCL at the same time. My left leg was essentially a giant club. I was high school soccer captain and I was still better than my replacement with the injury. I'm not really sure what my coach was thinking letting me play like that.

I still have pain in it to this day as I shouldn't have been playing on it and I also admittedly wasn't very diligent with my PT.

I'm recovering from an achilles tear right now and you better believe I'm doing my PT exercises every day. It's a long road to recovery.

My take on it is , get the young man completely healthy before he is allowed back on the court , no need for further injury by coming back to quick

It sure looked bad. I didn't think it was his ankle initially. I didn't see his foot twist up under but maybe I missed it. Regardless of that I'm glad it's not worse because it sure looked like it could have been. If he can be back for either tournament that'd be awesome. Hope we can keep the ship above water in the meantime.

My take on it is , get the young man completely healthy before he is allowed back on the court , no need for further injury by coming back to quick
Not too many people would sit out until an ankle is all the way 100%.

Yep , know that , but with multiple injuries this year alone on the same leg, why take the risk of something worse ,

My thoughts exactly. It looked like he grabbed for achilles, rather than his ankle. It's unfortunate that he'll be out a few weeks down stretch but ultimately dodged a bullet if that's all it is.
As I type this I can't help but think of Kevin Durant who originally sprained his ankle which ultimately played a part in his achilles tear as he rushed back.

I thought Durant had a calf sprain when he tried coming back

It will be tough to keep CJ harnessed and I like many of you played through sprained ankles taped with braces etc in HS...I see him wanting to push it as a competitor

It will be tough to keep CJ harnessed and I like many of you played through sprained ankles taped with braces etc in HS...I see him wanting to push it as a competitor
No joke. You've gotta be one careful ass individual to stay off an ankle until its 100%

Latest posts