CJ Fredrick health?

I came back a couple of weeks later, I wouldn't practice, but would play in the games. I would pop a hydrocodone during warm ups, the trainer would put as much tape as she legally could (not the normal athletic tape, but the ridged heavy duty type), then put an air cast over that, I also had a giant knee brace as I sprained my MCL at the same time. My left leg was essentially a giant club. I was high school soccer captain and I was still better than my replacement with the injury. I'm not really sure what my coach was thinking letting me play like that.

I still have pain in it to this day as I shouldn't have been playing on it and I also admittedly wasn't very diligent with my PT.

I'm recovering from an achilles tear right now and you better believe I'm doing my PT exercises every day. It's a long road to recovery.
Wow

No joke. You've gotta be one careful ass individual to stay off an ankle until its 100%
I had a bad, but not high, ankle sprain on my job in 2003 where the ligament detached from the fibula. That sumbitch turned purple almost up to my knee but was more painful than serious. There is so much calcification in there now that it will probably never be 100% again. Maybe I will get it cleaned out someday but havent had to at this time.

During the Minny game, announcers said CJ had a low ankle sprain. Not sure if they got that wrong or not, but it does speed up healing time if so. So, is it so???

His uncle told me on Friday is was a high ankle sprain. Maybe it's been re-diagnosed. Don't know.

I think the biggest thing is severity. Tim Miles said on the air yesterday he saw it and said it was all sorts of shades of purple.

He's listed as day to day and we'll see. He has shown to be a quick healer.

His uncle told me on Friday is was a high ankle sprain. Maybe it's been re-diagnosed. Don't know.

I think the biggest thing is severity. Tim Miles said on the air yesterday he saw it and said it was all sorts of shades of purple.

He's listed as day to day and we'll see. He has shown to be a quick healer.

If it really is a high ankle sprain, then it would have been better if he'd just have broken it. It may be 4 months until he's right if that's the case.....

If it really is a high ankle sprain, then it would have been better if he'd just have broken it. It may be 4 months until he's right if that's the case.....
He’s listed as day to day so that gives me hope that it isn’t that bad. Honestly we don’t need to rush him back at this point. Maybe BTT to get him back into a game before the real tourney. Would love to have him back earlier if possible.

He’s listed as day to day so that gives me hope that it isn’t that bad. Honestly we don’t need to rush him back at this point. Maybe BTT to get him back into a game before the real tourney. Would love to have him back earlier if possible.

The NCAAs start Thursday March 19th (yes, I know they technically start earlier with the play-ins, but I'm a traditionalist and they start on Thursday). That'd be exactly 5 weeks. I'm hopeful he'll be back by then. Anything before that, I think, would be a miracle.

The NCAAs start Thursday March 19th (yes, I know they technically start earlier with the play-ins, but I'm a traditionalist and they start on Thursday). That'd be exactly 5 weeks. I'm hopeful he'll be back by then. Anything before that, I think, would be a miracle.
Was he wearing like a boot or big brace yesterday? Honestly I thought the fact that he was there and walking around along with being listed as day to day were both positive signs. We shall see.

Sometimes we have to deal in unknowns.

It looked like he could miss the rest of the season with the stress reaction and he was out two games. There are no definitive timetables on some of these injuries.

Was he wearing like a boot or big brace yesterday? Honestly I thought the fact that he was there and walking around along with being listed as day to day were both positive signs. We shall see.

I'm not sure....they never showed him below the waist...at least that I saw.

Someone said on another site that he took a pick with the guys daughter and he wasnt wearing a boot.

If we can answer these questions, we can have hope that CJ will be back soon.

1- is it common to misdiagnose a low ankle sprain for a high one?

2- would you ever be listed as day to day with a high ankle sprain?

3- was Wieskamp's ankle anywhere close to as colorful last year as CJs is now?

If the answers are yes, no, yes, there is a good chance he will be back soon. Does anyone know those answers?

If we can answer these questions, we can have hope that CJ will be back soon.

1- is it common to misdiagnose a low ankle sprain for a high one?

2- would you ever be listed as day to day with a high ankle sprain?

3- was Wieskamp's ankle anywhere close to as colorful last year as CJs is now?

If the answers are yes, no, yes, there is a good chance he will be back soon. Does anyone know those answers?
CJ probably knows.

Tim Miles is a clown at times, but the difference between a high and low ankle sprain is very well known in the BB world by everyone involved. I find it hard to believe he would say on the air that it was not a high ankle sprain unless he heard that directly from CJ or Iowa. It is just not something you would say casually.

I had a horrible grade III sprain in college while jumping and landing. It popped, my ankle swelled up the size of a grape fruit, it was black and blue and I was on crutches for 2 days. I had painful treatments 3 times a day, but ran a cross country meet a week later (which is not a lateral movement sport, I know). Low ankle sprains, even severe ones, can look god awful, but you can recover in weeks not months. I think we have him back by the end of the season.

Followed up with his uncle. It is a low ankle sprain but CJ has pain high as well.

As I said, these things aren't always black and white and are tricky injuries.

But, by all means, you guys continue speculating and guessing when he'll be back. ;)

Followed up with his uncle. It is a low ankle sprain but CJ has pain high as well.

As I said, these things aren't always black and white and are tricky injuries.

But, by all means, you guys continue speculating and guessing when he'll be back. ;)

They may not be black and white, but I'll bet they're black and blue! :)

And what are message boards for if not for speculation, conjecture, and guessing?! :)

Latest posts