CJ Fredrick health?

This is not cool. Someone make a sacrifice to the injury bug God. He is not pleased with us.

Are you actually trying to compare those situations to Iowa losing Jbo, Fredrick, Nunge, and Pat? Seriously? C’mon man get a grip that’s not even in the same ballpark.
It's not like Nunge & PMac were doing all that much, but the losses are definitely substantial.

Wieskamp really, really needs to take it to the next level. He has to stop being so passive.

So what is realistic expectations? That is what I am battling with right now. 20-21 seems a long ways away. JoeT can get better, but everyone else that is healthy we know who they are. I don’t want to put an epic fail on this season, but it is hard to get the pom-poms out either.

I just don't see how there can be expectations at this point. I'm still hopeful we can grind out wins at home, maybe catch some teams on cold nights, and keep a respectable record just in case we get CJ back in enough time to make a late run to sneak into the tournament. That's best case scenario tho. I don't expect it.

No one is feeling sorry for Rutgers (Lost Baker)
No one is feeling sorry for Sparty (Lost Langford again)
No one is feeling sorry for the Gophs (Lost Curry for the third year)

No one is going to feel sorry for us so we better not be doing it.

What do you mean no one is feeling sorry for them? I guarantee you their fans are bummed about those losses. Just like our fans are bummed about ours. Are you under the impression that our fans are wanting sympathy from other teams or something?

What do you mean no one is feeling sorry for them? I guarantee you their fans are bummed about those losses. Just like our fans are bummed about ours. Are you under the impression that our fans are wanting sympathy from other teams or something?
Don't read Shakespeare into this. I didn't say anything about the fans and apologize if I gave that impression. I was talking strictly about the players. When a team finds a new way to play just good enough to lose, that's a sign of a team feeling sorry for itself.

We just kicked away two winnable games, shorthanded or not. The first was because we sucked at the free throw line, and couldn't add on when we had opportunities to get off the six point lead. The second was because of poor outside shooting, and Garza being held in check.

We have Maryland at home. I say we will find a way to win. Let's see if the players can make it happen.

I'm watching Purdue and Michigan go to OT. Both of THESE teams are shorthanded (Livers and Haarms). But it's a spirited battle with kids playing their hearts out. The more intelligent team will win this game.

It's not like Nunge & PMac were doing all that much, but the losses are definitely substantial.
And Bohannon. He was struggling both with his shot and with moving and cutting in the half court offense. And those are two of his strengths.

What we miss from Bohannon is his experience, foul shooting, and ability to orchestrate. He was putting up some phenomenal assist numbers, and he still had to be accounted for out there, struggling shot notwithstanding.

Don't read Shakespeare into this. I didn't say anything about the fans and apologize if I gave that impression. I was talking strictly about the players. When a team finds a new way to play just good enough to lose, that's a sign of a team feeling sorry for itself.

We just kicked away two winnable games, shorthanded or not. The first was because we sucked at the free throw line, and couldn't add on when we had opportunities to get off the six point lead. The second was because of poor outside shooting, and Garza being held in check.

We have Maryland at home. I say we will find a way to win. Let's see if the players can make it happen.

I'm watching Purdue and Michigan go to OT. Both of THESE teams are shorthanded (Livers and Haarms). But it's a spirited battle with kids playing their hearts out. The more intelligent team will win this game.

And one team will lose the Purdue Michigan game. Just like one team lost the Penn State game. We didn't give away the Penn State game. It was a 50/50 game that someone had to win and someone had to lose.

Michigan and Purdue both play in 3 days after a 2 ot game. Neither have to play both on the road, but none the less, this game might very well affect the next one.

And one team will lose the Purdue Michigan game. Just like one team lost the Penn State game. We didn't give away the Penn State game. It was a 50/50 game that someone had to win and someone had to lose.
We did a lot of things well in the Palestra and still lost. That's why they are called tough losses.

It was 50/50 but we got a tremendous break when Watkins and Stevens both missed significant time with foul trouble. 60/40 Hawks. We gave 10 percent back by shooting less than 70% from the charity stripe. Back to 50/50.

Michigan and Purdue both play in 3 days after a 2 ot game. Neither have to play both on the road, but none the less, this game might very well affect the next one.
Absolutely. Purdue had another double OT game with Minnesota last Thursday, then laid an egg at Illinois.

I remember the 1989 Iowa team scoring 107 in double OT vs Michigan. Unfortunately Michigan scored 108. Iowa had to travel to Wisconsin after a Thursday night double OT, then play in Madison on a Saturday afternoon. They struggled to get to fifty that day.

Are either Michigan or Purdue missing 3 of their top 7 players and 2 of their top 5?

Absolutely. Purdue had another double OT game with Minnesota last Thursday, then laid an egg at Illinois.

I remember the 1989 Iowa team scoring 107 in double OT vs Michigan. Unfortunately Michigan scored 108. Iowa had to travel to Wisconsin after a Thursday night double OT, then play in Madison on a Saturday afternoon. They struggled to get to fifty that day.

And that's what happened to Iowa at Nebraska. It was blantanly obvious they just didn't have it that night.

From what Rob Howe said on his podcast I don't expect to see CJ back for a long time, and probably not until next season.

I love Iowa basketball, but I gotta admit I am really down about our prospects going forward.

It's very unfortunate. I feel bad for him. My wife actually knows his family and I'm sure she'll be in touch.

We received a Christmas card from them, and, not surprisingly, the entire family was decked out in Hawkeye gear.

Wow, I really feel bad for CJ Frederick. Sitting out last year must have been hard. Now he has to spend more time on the bench. I hope that it doesn’t turn into a stress fracture and he can get some more quality games in this year. We need him as a second shooter.

Not only miss his shooting, but also his D and basketball IQ. He rarely makes bad decisions or turns the ball over. He can also create his own shot most of the time. The biggest thing is teams would pay for double and tripling Garza.

Not only miss his shooting, but also his D and basketball IQ. He rarely makes bad decisions or turns the ball over. He can also create his own shot most of the time. The biggest thing is teams would pay for double and tripling Garza.

That's the strategy for beating Iowa the rest of the season. Triple Garza, double Wieskamp, and leave everyone else alone.

Latest posts